Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
298 user(s) are online (279 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C6
Abbreviation for the 6th generation of Corvettes built starting in 2005 and are still in production....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

SpectatorRacing Spectator Racing news
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Geez, I am away for a few days and this forum happens! Fantastic.

I see the RR section is top billing, how long will that last?

Our first track event as Spectator Racing is in the works. It will be at either Gingerman or Grattan (both in Michigan) in late summer or early fall. Current possible dates are Labor day wknd or Oct 4th. This will be in conjunction with the Alzheimer's Association, and all proceeds will be donated to charity.

Check out the wrap up from the last event we helped them with back in February...notice the team cars at the top and bottom of the pictures!

http://www.alzmigreatlakes.org/cms/special_events/ss_wrapup08.php

The Spectator Racing website is up, however it's still in the works so there's not much to see yet.

www.spectator-racing.com

We're also working with the Guru to get some stickers made, although file issues have made this harder than it should be. Once we get them on the race cars look for a group buy for any forum members that want something a little bigger than the guru bumper stickers.

First race is April 12th and the cars aren't ready. Too much to do...
Posted on: 2008/3/27 17:29

Matt26R Re: Spectator Racing news
Guru
Powell, Ohio
76 Posts

The cars look great Jon. I must have missed the part where you painted the new one to match. Are you still on course for ST2 @ Mid Ohio? What about Double OH 7?

I signed up for PTA to take advantage of the Hoosier and Pfadt contingency (hopefully). I'm also working on Graber to let PTA race w/ the ST group so we can still have some fun.

I'm in the same boat w/ a car in pieces. It's not like I had the last 6 months to ship out my diff.....
Posted on: 2008/3/28 3:34

BillH Re: Spectator Racing news
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

What? Your cars aren't ready yet? Been shoveling snow all winter?

If I was closer, I'd lend you a hand.
Posted on: 2008/3/28 16:38

CentralCoaster Re: Spectator Racing news
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Cool, I didn't realize you had a race license. How many hpde events did you run with nasa before that?

The entry cost looks pretty cheap but their schedule at cal speedway sucks.
Posted on: 2008/3/28 20:01

SpectatorRacing Re: Spectator Racing news
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
Cool, I didn't realize you had a race license. How many hpde events did you run with nasa before that?

The entry cost looks pretty cheap but their schedule at cal speedway sucks.

It was kind of funny, actually. I never ran the lower classes with NASA, being a master schmoozer I did my first event with them in HPDE4, then moved directly into time trialing since in our region they run in the same group.

I had lots of experience with other clubs so it was the right place for me at the time, but technically they want you to go up through the ranks so they can verify your skill levels. Nowadays you have to pass through all the levels, from HPDE1 up to 4. The move is hastened by higher skill levels, though.

They are a great group, but I do know that the people vary from region to region. I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about the Greak Lakes region, but that doesn't necessarily mean your area will be as fantastic. However, there's also the chance that it's even better than our region...
Posted on: 2008/3/31 18:46

SpectatorRacing Re: Spectator Racing news
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Quote:

Matt26R wrote:
The cars look great Jon. I must have missed the part where you painted the new one to match. Are you still on course for ST2 @ Mid Ohio? What about Double OH 7?

I signed up for PTA to take advantage of the Hoosier and Pfadt contingency (hopefully). I'm also working on Graber to let PTA race w/ the ST group so we can still have some fun.

I'm in the same boat w/ a car in pieces. It's not like I had the last 6 months to ship out my diff.....

Geez, I even offered to bring it up to DTS for you.

I'm currently only signed up for TTS. With all of the major changes to the car I want a few days to shake it down with no pressure.

Plus, I won't have time to get it retuned before next week so if I get dyno'd they'll find out that I'm actually in ST1 or TTU as I've shed quite a few pounds.

Did I ever send you the cage pics? Cripes I have to call you to discuss all this sh!t that's going on. Keep your phone on later...
Posted on: 2008/3/31 18:49

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.