Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
293 user(s) are online (247 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Sting Ray
1963 through 1967 Corvette.

Not to be confused with the Stingray, 1969-1976....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

xccter Signing On Problem Seems To Have Cleared Up
Senior Guru
Downtown Annapolis, MD
461 Posts

I don't know exactly why, but I'm no longer having the problem of not being able to sign on.

I've been making a point to sign out each time I leave, but don't know if that's doing the trick or not.

Whatever it is...
Posted on: 2008/5/21 20:38
NCRS #48337
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus Re: Signing On Problem Seems To Have Cleared Up
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

That is very odd. I wish I had an answer for you...
Posted on: 2008/5/22 14:44

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

CSS996 Re: Signing On Problem Seems To Have Cleared Up
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

So is there any progress on the "having to log in every time I visit the site" issue?

I've gotta say, it's getting very tedious. There are times when I don't bother to log in, and just browse anonymously. And sometimes I have something to say, but I do not reply, as I'm not logged in.

If I wasn't already dedicated to this site, I might be driven away by this seemingly simple (yet absolutely maddening) detail.

If it hasn't already affected us in a considerable way, it may get to that point. New users may not be tolerant of this shortcoming of the site's software, if that is what it is. What if they don't come back? I bet we could have more posts and more members if this was fixed.

Love ya, man! Sorry to cry about it, but it is driving me crazy. And I do not believe I am the only one.
Posted on: 2008/5/22 16:32

DaleD Re: Signing On Problem Seems To Have Cleared Up
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
So is there any progress on the "having to log in every time I visit the site" issue?

I've gotta say, it's getting very tedious. There are times when I don't bother to log in, and just browse anonymously. And sometimes I have something to say, but I do not reply, as I'm not logged in.

If I wasn't already dedicated to this site, I might be driven away by this seemingly simple (yet absolutely maddening) detail.

If it hasn't already affected us in a considerable way, it may get to that point. New users may not be tolerant of this shortcoming of the site's software, if that is what it is. What if they don't come back? I bet we could have more posts and more members if this was fixed.

Love ya, man! Sorry to cry about it, but it is driving me crazy. And I do not believe I am the only one.

:me2: Well put.
Posted on: 2008/5/22 16:50

bmwgsa Re: Signing On Problem Seems To Have Cleared Up
Guru
Earth
735 Posts

Nag Nag Nag - geeze...... (j/k)

Here's the problem: The auto-login used to exist in earlier versions of XOOPS, but the user base complained about security issues and the writers of XOOPS removed it all.

So, I'm working out how to add it all back in. This isn't the easiest thing to do - it's a modularized system, and lot's of programs need to be modified.

I'll get it resolved as soon as I can.
Posted on: 2008/5/22 17:21

CSS996 Re: Signing On Problem Seems To Have Cleared Up
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Works for me. I'll just bitch about it every once in awhile until it is resolved!
Posted on: 2008/5/22 17:58

CentralCoaster Re: Signing On Problem Seems To Have Cleared Up
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I have an annoying question for you.

The custom session time, other than it causing you issues with your current IE7, does that increase the logged in time?

I read about other XOOPS sites just putting a huge number in there to keep people logged in. You said awhile ago it uses lots of resources or something... but what does that mean exactly?

Is it going to slow the site down? Is it going to cost us more with the isp? Are you just guessing at how much, or can we quantify it? Is it possible that it's not as bad as you suspect and we could try it out and see?

As I said before, I didn't have issues logging in at work with IE7 with custom sessions. I use IE6 at home, because I don't like the newer version.
Posted on: 2008/5/23 2:36

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.