Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
320 user(s) are online (249 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

pianoguy How to call the police when you're old
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

George Phillips of Marsh Green, Wigan UK was going up to bed when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window.

George opened the back door to go turn off the light but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things. He phoned the police, who asked 'Is someone in your house?' and he said 'no'. Then they said that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply lock his door and an officer would be along when available. George said, 'Okay,' hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again.

'Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I've just shot them.' Then he hung up.

Within five minutes three police cars, an Armed Response Unit, and an ambulance showed up at the Phillips' residence and caught the burglars red-handed.

One of the Policemen said to George: 'I thought you said that you'd shot them!'

George said, 'I thought you said there was nobody available.'

Don't f*ck with old people.
Posted on: 2008/8/30 15:55

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

NC Kid Re: How to call the police when you're old
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Now thats some straight up David Copperfield shit!
Posted on: 2008/8/30 15:58

Matatk Re: How to call the police when you're old
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Sounds like Texas.....

Remember the first guy in who shot the burglars in his neighbor's house? Here's another...

http://www.590klbj.com/News/Story.aspx?ID=96669

Quote:
Llano man shoots two would-be thieves
7/31/2008

Newsroom

The Castle Doctrine may be put to the test in Llano county after two would-be burglars are shot by a neighbor. Resident Chuck Wolfington says it's not uncommon to hear a few gun shots now and then, but he says something was different about yesterday when he heard 5 gunshots in a row.

He told FOX7 news that after hearing the shots he went outside and saw his neighbor Tommy Oats - gun in hand - running towards a near-by house. Oats later told Llano County Sheriff's Deputies that he was looking outside and saw two men trying breaking into his neighbor's house and he took action.

Deputies says one of the men got away, the other is was taken to Brakenridge Hospital with a gunshot wound to the neck. He was taken off life-support late Thursday.

The D.A. is reviewing the case, but Oats has not been charged. The state law known as the 'Castle Doctrine' was expanded recently not just to inside a home but to parked cars and even to the homes of next-door neighbors.

last modified: 7/31/2008 5:11:53 PM

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/8/30 16:13

bogus Re: How to call the police when you're old
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Way back in 1981, then Delaware gov Pete DuPont signed into law the right to protect ones property.

if they were in the house, kill'm.

I don't know if the law has changed... I don't remember reading it has.

Personally, any law that restricts the owners right to protect themselves is thoroughly screwed up. I am not for vigilante justice, but I am also not for a society of victims.
Posted on: 2008/8/30 17:58

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

runner140 Re: How to call the police when you're old
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

That could be my NEW favorite story.
Posted on: 2008/8/30 21:42

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.