Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
301 user(s) are online (268 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  DIC
Driver Information Center.

This is the display readout panel on the dash. It’s above the radio for 1984-1989; above the climate controls, 1990-...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

pianoguy Those wacky Illinois politicians!
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2008/12/9 15:29

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

jsup Re: Those wacky Illinois politicians!
Elite Guru
1778 Posts

This is the same prosecutor that was a hero for going after Scooter Libby.

He was a hero to some, villain to others, let's see if those roles don't switch.
Posted on: 2008/12/9 16:16

Schrade Re: Those wacky Illinois politicians!
Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

Wacky?

Don't they ALL do that kind of stuff? Isn't that the norm huh? What's the problem? That he got caught? Hmmm.

He'll lose his appointment privilege, someone ELSE will get to put THEIR buddy in the vacant seat, he'll get off with a slap on the wrist, and be back to work the next day yup.

End of [non] story.

Cynical? Who... MOI'? Realistic? Uh HUH.
Posted on: 2008/12/9 21:16

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Those wacky Illinois politicians!
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

I'm glad they arrested him. He's a scumbag. Now go after Daley and the aldermen in Chicago.

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/12/9 21:56

Notorious Re: Those wacky Illinois politicians!
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Those are some pretty flagrant charges, even by Illinois political standards!
Posted on: 2008/12/9 22:54

JrRifleCoach Re: Those wacky Illinois politicians!
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

And the beat goes on....

By Tony C. Dreibus and Joe Carroll

Dec. 10 (Bloomberg) -- Rod Blagojevich has followed in the footsteps of his predecessors: He became the fourth of the past seven governors elected in Illinois to be arrested. Residents blame the sad tradition on a culture of patronage.

“Government in Illinois isn’t about political ideology or helping people,” said Christopher Mooney, who teaches political science at the University of Illinois-Springfield. “It’s about which idiot brother-in-law are you going to get a job on a road crew because he helped you get into office.”

The governor, a Democrat, was charged yesterday with trying to sell Barack Obama’s vacated Senate seat, according to a criminal complaint filed by prosecutors. Three previous governors were jailed: Otto Kerner, governor from 1961 to 1968; Dan Walker, who held the job from 1973 to 1977; and George Ryan, who served from 1999 to 2003.

I'll lay odds on BO giving him a pardon before Jan 30th
Posted on: 2008/12/10 16:29
As democracy is perfected, the POTUS represents more closely the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a fool and narcissistic moron.

pianoguy Re: Those wacky Illinois politicians!
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:
And the beat goes on....

By Tony C. Dreibus and Joe Carroll

Dec. 10 (Bloomberg) -- Rod Blagojevich has followed in the footsteps of his predecessors: He became the fourth of the past seven governors elected in Illinois to be arrested. Residents blame the sad tradition on a culture of patronage.

“Government in Illinois isn’t about political ideology or helping people,” said Christopher Mooney, who teaches political science at the University of Illinois-Springfield. “It’s about which idiot brother-in-law are you going to get a job on a road crew because he helped you get into office.”

The governor, a Democrat, was charged yesterday with trying to sell Barack Obama’s vacated Senate seat, according to a criminal complaint filed by prosecutors. Three previous governors were jailed: Otto Kerner, governor from 1961 to 1968; Dan Walker, who held the job from 1973 to 1977; and George Ryan, who served from 1999 to 2003.

I'll lay odds on BO giving him a pardon before Jan 30th

BO would score more points with a public execution ;-)
Posted on: 2008/12/10 17:07

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

JrRifleCoach Re: Those wacky Illinois politicians!
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

and the beats goes on and on....

U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. denied any wrongdoing Wednesday in the corruption case against Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich after his lawyer acknowledged that the Illinois congressman was likely the "Senate Candidate 5" named in the FBI complaint.

Blagojevich is accused of a "pay-to-play" scheme to fill the U.S. Senate seat vacated by President-elect Barack Obama.

Though the affidavit says Blagojevich named "Senate Candidate 5" as an individual potentially willing to pay him in exchange for Obama's seat, Jackson said he was assured by federal prosecutors Tuesday that he is not a target of the investigation.

"I want to make this fact plain: I reject and denounce pay-to-play politics and have no involvement whatsoever in any wrongdoing," Jackson said at a press conference in Washington, D.C., while calling on the governor to resign. "I did not initiate or authorize anyone at anytime to promise anything to Governor Blagojevich on my behalf."

Riiiiiight! Now say it two more times and it will be the truth
Posted on: 2008/12/11 2:30

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.