Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
350 user(s) are online (292 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  SMC
Sheet Molded Compound.

This is the material that all C4 Corvettes are made of.

It's similar to fiberglass, but much more durable.

The onl...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CFI-EFI A Different Cleaning Problem
Senior Guru
Top of Utah
372 Posts

Here is a question I haven't seen addressed before. I wrote a huge post detailing all the circumstances, but long story short. How can I clean a TBI fuel injector, where RTV has been used in the fuel system? After a few weeks with no apparent problems, suddenly it no longer sprays at all. Is there help for this?

RACE ON!!!
Posted on: 2009/7/6 19:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: A Different Cleaning Problem
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Do you want to clean them yourself or send them out and have them ultrasonically cleaned? I know FIC does cleaning/rebuilding for a very reasonable price.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/7/7 14:24

CFI-EFI Re: A Different Cleaning Problem
Senior Guru
Top of Utah
372 Posts

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought this section was a vendor site for FIC. I am aware FIC cleans, services, and rebuilds fuel injectors. That is why I posted here. I was seeking professional advice on this particular situation. If I was predisposed to sending it out, I would have already done that. Should I have sent FIC an e-mail? Thanks.

RACE ON!!!
Posted on: 2009/7/7 23:41

FICINJECTORS Re: A Different Cleaning Problem
Gold Sponsor Vendor
117 Posts

Quote:

CFI-EFI wrote:
Maybe I misunderstood. I thought this section was a vendor site for FIC. I am aware FIC cleans, services, and rebuilds fuel injectors. That is why I posted here. I was seeking professional advice on this particular situation. If I was predisposed to sending it out, I would have already done that. Should I have sent FIC an e-mail? Thanks.

RACE ON!!!
the TBI injector on the crossfire can take a lot of abuse.. Until the coil goes. We get a number of these in a month caked with all kinds of stuff. They all work fine after the service. But, if the coil is gone we replace the injector. I have not found an aftermarket injector that I like as a replacement. The OEM front and rear have a half cone pattern that the aftermarkets don't have. This IMO hinders the performance. We usually have these in stock as exchange units but the cores are getting hard to find in good shape. Soon we will have new coil assembly's to replace the bad coils. I am just waiting for a good tool to open the case..
Jon
Posted on: 2009/7/8 4:23

Senior Guru
Top of Utah
372 Posts

Quote:

FICINJECTORS wrote:
I have not found an aftermarket injector that I like as a replacement. The OEM front and rear have a half cone pattern that the aftermarkets don't have. This IMO hinders the performance.
Jon

Thanks for the reply. What I quoted is where you lost me. I have not noticed a different spray pattern between my front and my rear injectors. Have I not looked closely enough? I never noticed a "half cone pattern". Also, it isn't clear to me, which you are saying "This IMO hinders the performance.", the OEM or the after market injectors. Is the silicone a unique situation? Is this something I can deal with at home, on my own? Would it help if I posted or e-mailed the long detailed description of the circumstances? Thanks.

RACE ON!!!
Posted on: 2009/7/8 19:00

FICINJECTORS Re: A Different Cleaning Problem
Gold Sponsor Vendor
117 Posts

Quote:

CFI-EFI wrote:
Quote:

FICINJECTORS wrote:
I have not found an aftermarket injector that I like as a replacement. The OEM front and rear have a half cone pattern that the aftermarkets don't have. This IMO hinders the performance.
Jon

Thanks for the reply. What I quoted is where you lost me. I have not noticed a different spray pattern between my front and my rear injectors. Have I not looked closely enough? I never noticed a "half cone pattern". Also, it isn't clear to me, which you are saying "This IMO hinders the performance.", the OEM or the after market injectors. Is the silicone a unique situation? Is this something I can deal with at home, on my own? Would it help if I posted or e-mailed the long detailed description of the circumstances? Thanks.

RACE ON!!!
i don't know if you have ever seen the video we did on the tpi service but here it is. Maybe it will answer your question.. However the front and rear injector have different part numbers, the pattern if viewed from the side are distinctly different. The silicone you talked about can only enter the injector through the filters. There is a port on the side (about 1/8 diameter and on the bottom is the main intake. Both filters are 10 micron.. i do not believe a droplet of silicone can penetrate the filter, but it could coat it. As far as the aftermarket injectors., again its my opinion that they are inferior to the OEM. At the time, TBI was something that RP products really spent a lot of time and money working out. TPI was more efficient so they changed gears but continued the use in other lines. RP did not develop an injector till 89 for the TPI (the multec) Bosch and Lucas were used from 85 -88, You can e mail me other concerns or details to info@fuelinjectorconnection.com
thanks
jon
here is the link to the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUbsOYPoQcw
Posted on: 2009/7/8 23:05

Senior Guru
Top of Utah
372 Posts

Quote:

FICINJECTORS wrote:
However the front and rear injector have different part numbers, the pattern if viewed from the side are distinctly different. The silicone you talked about can only enter the injector through the filters. There is a port on the side (about 1/8 diameter and on the bottom is the main intake. Both filters are 10 micron.. i do not believe a droplet of silicone can penetrate the filter, but it could coat it.

You can e mail me other concerns or details to info@fuelinjectorconnection.com
thanks
jon

Jon,
Thank you. I have long been aware that the front and rear TBs used different injectors. The only difference I have heard of was in the flow ratings. I have never heard before of a different spray pattern nor have I ever noticed one. Certainly, I will look closer. With the swirl plates beneath the TBs and the plenum of the manifold as it is, I can't imagine the purpose. You are the expert. I appreciate the info.

Your information and speculation concerning silicone getting into the injector is encouraging. I will take you up on your offer, and I will e-mail all the details surrounding my problem. Thank you.

RACE ON!!!
Posted on: 2009/7/9 18:13

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.