Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
357 user(s) are online (243 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  D44
This references the rear differential.

The D36 was the smaller unit. Used on all 1984 Corvettes, and all automatic Corvettes after that.

The ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

pr0zac and again
Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

well i have been back in florida for like 2 weeks taking things as they go, looking for a job. thinking happy thoughts. started exercising to fill some time.. sooooooooooo my asshole roommate decided to let me know 2 hours ago that he is going to be home in like a half hour to get his things and move out.. i find this hysterical because if it weren't for me getting him a place to stay and letting him use my car for a month he wouldn't even have the job he has let alone the opportunity. its fucking amazing. what asshole really does that. jesus christ already. enough is enough. what the fuck else will happen.
Posted on: 2009/7/10 22:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: and again
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Good lord! You're gonna have to let us interview your prospective friends from now on.
Posted on: 2009/7/11 0:04

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Matatk Re: and again
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Just keep thinking happy thoughts - it'll turn around.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/7/11 2:10

pr0zac Re: and again
Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

i have nothing holding me back now.. i am somewhat glad he is gone. his portion of the rent will be missed but other than that i didn't exactly care for him that much. so whatever, i can afford to be here without him for the time being. i just really need to find a job now. its amazing what jobs 8 years in the military won't get you. i am beyond amazed at all of this. i don't think i have anyone or anything else to let me down at this point. i have said that before and i was wrong but holy crap. i have some ideas. i really hope that all of this is in some way leading me into something good. if i went through all this shit and come out empty handed i really want to know what the point of it all was. i had a talk with my father earlier and he just doesnt even know what to say to me anymore. he use to call all the time. now i have to track him down and he is super short. i know its cause he feels he has no way of helping me or a solution to my problems. man this boils my blood.
Posted on: 2009/7/11 5:12

pianoguy Re: and again
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Here's hoping that a brass ring falls within your reach in short order.
Posted on: 2009/7/11 14:28

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

wesmigletz Re: and again
Senior Guru
Land of Fruits and Nuts
325 Posts

I'm sorry to hear about what he did. I can relate, and the only advice I can offer is don't give up. Hang in there, the worm will turn. I've been in similar spots, and it seems the only people that screwed-me were those I helped, some at considerable cost to myself.

BTW, have you tried to get some help with your resume, to better highlight your skills/responsibilities/experience, rather than military service? When I was looking, I learned real quick to leave off or minimalize my service in the Marines. Seemed like for every positive reaction, there would be 2 or 3 negatives.

Good luck and hang in there.
Posted on: 2009/7/11 18:52

pr0zac Re: and again
Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

well the only problem with taking off the military is that its one of three jobs i have had in the past ten years.. my last job lasted two months and am just leaving it off cause i dont think it would look good period. the third job was suppose to be temporary and i just picked it up and ran with it and got really far, just didn't like the people i worked with.. i got no respect cause i came up so fast and they couldn't do what i could.
Posted on: 2009/7/11 23:50

BrianCunningham Re: and again
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

roomates $uck!
Posted on: 2009/7/12 0:19

bogus Re: and again
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Hey, Prozac, take a deep breath...

Here is what I am reading:

I am pissed. I am angry. I feel dumped on. I hate you. I hate the world. Fuck them all.

Now... anyone willing to bet you are PROJECTING that attitude?

It's one thing to be confident about what you are doing and can do. But it's another to be an absolute arrogant asshole about it.

You need to take that deep breath, tone down the attitude. Warranted or not, it will give the other party a sense of entitlement and you will never get ahead with that perception.

Update your resume and include your military duty. Trust me on this, in FL it will help. A lot.

Also realize this one sad reality, and you will do a lot better: The world is full of incompetent assholes. They don't like being reminded they ARE incompetent assholes. You have to suck it up and deal with them the best way possible. If you get the reputation of clashing with people because you view them as incompetent assholes, you will get the reputation of being difficult to work with and you will be one of the first to go.

In short, this type of attitude becomes a self fulfilling prophesy of failure. And every time you fail because of those assholes, it will be way to easy to blame them for your errors.

As having done my share of supervising, I get tired of hearing how it's ALWAYS someone Else's fault. At some point, it has to be their fault.

I interviewed for a position with State government about 15 years ago. The director was a very attractive and well educated black woman. When I did my first interview, it was with a team and I NAILED it. It was my job to lose.

I had a 2nd interview with the director lady. She was very stern and had to find question with many things... Her first comment was that this was a "state job with these benefits..." I gently pointed out that I was currently a state employee (meaning, she never ready my application/resume). She then asked me about my references. I indicated that my supervisors name and phone number was listed with each job position. I used that format for all state applications. She then said "you don't indicate if we can call or not, so please create a reference list." I sat there and dutifully wrote out, on a legal pad, my references.

I couldn't get out of that place fast enough.

She was a total control freak bitch. She only hired yes-men and anyone who clashed with her was gone. Or treated like shit.

She lasted about 3 more years, before she clashed with the Governor. That was the end of her.

I found out that they never filled that position under her leadership. Apparently, all the applicants were incompetent assholes.

Well... that wasn't true, but her attitude made it true.

Just think about where your attitude is going and you might find some answers.
Posted on: 2009/7/12 19:04

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.