Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
277 user(s) are online (211 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Andrew 2009 Eureka Springs Pic Thread
2013 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Jefferson City, MO
447 Posts

If you got to attend, post some pictures.

My father and I made it for the Saturday morning show. If you ever get a chance to go and enjoy Corvette's of any generation, you need to go. I've never seen so many Vette's in one place! Every hotel parking lot was full, Corvette's parked along the road, driving on the road, driving off the road, bumper to bumper Corvette's!! Every single generations was represented. My favorite had to be the 63 Grand Sport tribute with a LT5 motor!

Next year, the C4 is making that trip! I'm fighting photobucket right now, but will post as they are loaded.

Greg, I found your C3 and it is much better than a work in progress. I'd be proud to drive that. Sorry we did not get a chance to talk, but I did see your C3 and got a picture of your chair.

Click to view slide show:

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee ... view¤t=a7792819.pbw
Posted on: 2009/10/5 3:07

Sold - 1996 Competition Yellow LT4 - DRM 383, NX N2O, Line Lock, LT Headers, 3" stainless exhaust, Power Effects, and many more mods

SOLD 1996 Competition Yellow LT4
SOLD 1979 4 Speed with 383
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GPGG70 Re: 2009 Eureka Springs Pic Thread
Guru Newb
Nixa Missouri
41 Posts

Andrew,
Truly sorry that I missed you. Infact I wasnt going to do the car show. I got up early and was going to the car wash to rinse off the car and when I drove by the show I said what the heck. After the crew spoted us, I was glad that I did attend the show. I knew I was not going to win any thing but for the experence of being able to talk to and meet a lot of people was priceless. When I went and walked around to do my part of the judging I got a lot of great Ideas for my car and also saw a few things not to do to my car.
Your are very correct. If anyone wants to see a huge amount of corvettes then go next year. It will be the 20th annual event and I'm sure that more people will attend. I went ahead and booked my room for next year.
Heres the bad thing about going to ES. I'm now wanting to look at a C6, black, but cant make up my mind whether to go with a vert or coupe. Also need to figure out how to make more room in my garage to fit it. LOL
I"m heading out of town today and will try to get a few pictures of the weekend entered here once I get settle in.
Greg.
Posted on: 2009/10/5 13:55

BrianCunningham Re: 2009 Eureka Springs Pic Thread
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Some nice cars there.
Posted on: 2009/10/5 15:15

Durango_Boy Re: 2009 Eureka Springs Pic Thread
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
2583 Posts

Man I wish I could see larger versions of many of those. Love that C2 GS too.

Andrew, are the file sizes too large for Photobucket to process properly?
Posted on: 2009/10/5 23:56

Andrew Re: 2009 Eureka Springs Pic Thread
Jefferson City, MO
447 Posts

Quote:

Durango_Boy wrote:
Man I wish I could see larger versions of many of those. Love that C2 GS too.

Andrew, are the file sizes too large for Photobucket to process properly?

YES. I just upgraded to photobucket pro, but it is still very much watered down. Click above for a slide show and the quality is better, but the resolution is about 1/4 from original. If you want anything in full raw (CR2) or jpg file, let me know which one and I'll e mail them to you. Each picture is +- 25 meg (21+ megapixel), so only one can be sent at a time unless you can accept zipped files.

Matt, Curtis, and Tyler, next year we need to make the trip. Literally 1000's of Corvette's and next year will be the 20th Anniversary!
Posted on: 2009/10/6 1:19

Sold - 1996 Competition Yellow LT4 - DRM 383, NX N2O, Line Lock, LT Headers, 3" stainless exhaust, Power Effects, and many more mods

Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
2583 Posts

Yeah next year might be a trip we'll all have to make.

When do you think the last possible moment would be before hotel rooms would have to be booked?
Posted on: 2009/10/6 1:21

Curtis1974 Re: 2009 Eureka Springs Pic Thread
Elite Guru
Bolingbrook, IL
1070 Posts

Andy,

Great pictures! I agree, we need to make this trip next year. We'll have to plan early as I'm sure lodging goes quick.
Posted on: 2009/10/6 1:24

Andrew Re: 2009 Eureka Springs Pic Thread
Jefferson City, MO
447 Posts

Greg, no worries as there was plenty of things to see and do around there.

I don't know how hard it is to get rooms. There are not that many places to stay down there. If we want to go, we need to book something very soon.

Greg, how hard was it to get a room? What is the hotel right across the highway from the show? What is the going room rates?
Posted on: 2009/10/6 1:39

Curtis1974 Re: 2009 Eureka Springs Pic Thread
Elite Guru
Bolingbrook, IL
1070 Posts

We should get a list of who wants to go next year and maybe we can get a group discount.
Posted on: 2009/10/6 2:05

GPGG70 Re: 2009 Eureka Springs Pic Thread
Guru Newb
Nixa Missouri
41 Posts

Hey andrew,
I paid right at 100.00 per night at the 1876 hotel just up from the car show area. It's not the greatest place in E.S but it was clean as in not dirty and had a double bed, AC & cable. Didnt spend much time in there but I like the location which is directly across from the conaco station where they fuel up the cars for the econo run and the front parking lot is butted up next to 62 hwy. Great veiw of all the cars crusing by. I managed to get one of 4 rooms left sometime in august I think it was when I reserved my room.
I cant tell you may names of the other hotels there but you might contact the chamber of commerce in E.S and they might beable to send you info or lead you to a web site with a map of the hotels and a list. Thing is I noticed that a lot of hotels main office are up on the main road but expand to a huge complex further back behind some of the offices and have a lot of rooms but dont know the names of the hotel.
Bare with me but I trying to still load pics from the weekend but I'm at work and to many eyes wondering.
Greg
Posted on: 2009/10/6 3:44

Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
2583 Posts

Quote:

Curtis1974 wrote:
We should get a list of who wants to go next year and maybe we can get a group discount.

I'm interested, put me on that list and lets start looking into hotel room reservations.
Posted on: 2009/10/8 12:50

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.