Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
65 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  A4
Generic reference to an automatic equipped C4. All are 4-speed overdrive units....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

traiconghoa 96 Vette MISFIRE CODE P0300...PLEASE HELP!!!
Guru Newb
27 Posts

96 Vette MISFIRE CODE P0300...PLEASE HELP!!!

I have a 96 Corvette. When it is in its idle mode, the engine sound is very rough. When driving sometime it does not seem to accelerate at all especially when I press on the gas pedal hard, but when I release the pedal and press it again then the it start picking some speed. However, the RPM is very high for that normal speed. I used my code scanner and it detected a code P0300 ( RANDOM MULTIPLE CYLINDER MISFIRE DETECTED ). I have used seafoam to clean my fuel system, replaced a new set of fuel injectors system and a new EGR valve, but the condition of the car has not improved. PLEASE HELP ME TO FIX THIS PROBLEM....THANKS By the way, there is 115,000 miles on my car, i just bought 6 months ago. Don't know much about service history, all I did to the car is replaced opti spark, spark plugs & wires, and oil change...
Posted on: 2008/1/7 21:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

81c3 RE:96 Vette MISFIRE CODE P0300...PLEASE HELP!!!
Senior Guru
Colorado
143 Posts

Fuel pump comes to mind for me.
Posted on: 2008/1/7 21:57

tobijohn RE:96 Vette MISFIRE CODE P0300...PLEASE HELP!!!
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
515 Posts

If you don't have the factory service manual, let me know and I'll scan email you the appropriate section on diagnosing that code...
Posted on: 2008/1/7 23:44

SpeedHound RE:96 Vette MISFIRE CODE P0300...PLEASE HELP!!!
Registered Vendor
Social Circle, GA
119 Posts

First thing, stop driving the car. Especially putting your foot into it. That does you absolutely no good. Next, check your fuel pressure at the valve on the fuel rail at the back of the intake. Just put the pressure gauge onto the rail and turn the key on or start the car. Fuel pressure should be 35 psi +. If it's significantly less, there's your problem. Also, check your plug wires. It's very easy to burn one part way and have this code pop up. So go through each one carefully. You'll want to pull the spark plugs next if you find nothing wrong with the plug wires. Look to see which plugs have more build up on them. These will be the ones not firing. You may not see any difference though. If you do find some that are different, concentrate your efforts on that cylinder. Also check the ceramic insulator on the plugs for cracks.

This code is typically very easy to fix. Do not just throw parts at the car though. Remember, an engine only needs three things to run. Fuel, air, and spark. Something is happening to one of those.

Good luck.
Posted on: 2008/1/8 1:54

www.speedhound.com

LSx swap parts - performance - repairs - restoration

bogus RE:96 Vette MISFIRE CODE P0300...PLEASE HELP!!!
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

If you are checking wires, start with teh coil wire. It has a tendency to chaffe and ground out.
Posted on: 2008/1/8 2:00

runner140 RE:96 Vette MISFIRE CODE P0300...PLEASE HELP!!!
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

When I had that code, it was an easy fix. That being said, it could be many thing. What worked for me was.... in the evening, in a dark garage, pop the hood, start the engine and look for a light show (spark gap from a grounded plug wire). If thats the problem, move the wire with a zip tie or if its in bad shape, change the wire.

Try it and get back to us. Good luck.
Posted on: 2008/1/8 12:33

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.