Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
292 user(s) are online (249 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Bowling Green
Bowling Green, KY, is the location of the Corvette assembly plant since 1981. From 1954-1981, Corvettes were assembled in St Louis, MO.

The Natio...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

bobmic93 My Christmas present (Cant wait)
Guru Newb
5 Posts

I kind of feel like a pioneer on this site. I hope it really takes off. Oh yeh x-mas present, Ill be ordering my stage 2 heads from Advanced Induction along with manifold porting and all the goodies like 1.6 rr , Beehive springs, custom grind Comp cam 222/230 with a 112 lobe, and probably have to get a 52 mm TB and maybe some 30lb svo injectors. I have a 93 with 2400stall and 3.73, shorties and modified Corsa true dual. Feel free to give any advice or input . Glad to be on board. :D
Posted on: 2005/11/26 16:56
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

okies93 RE:My Christmas present (Cant wait)
Guru Newb
Atoka, Oklahoma
4 Posts

When do you plan on getting it all installed? I always like gifts like that.
Posted on: 2005/11/27 2:43

bogus RE:My Christmas present (Cant wait)
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

welcome aboard!!!!

Great to see new folks!

The upgrades sound awesome! However, I would add an x-pipe to that exhaust. "true duals" rob you of power for the sake of sound.
Posted on: 2005/11/27 4:29

bobmic93 RE:My Christmas present (Cant wait)
Guru Newb
5 Posts

Quote:
When do you plan on getting it all installed? I always like gifts like that.
Ill be ordering everything within two weeks. I still have some ironning out to do. Then LS1 speed inc will be doing the install out of Schaumburg Illinois. All they do are hot rods.
Posted on: 2005/11/27 14:30

Guru Newb
5 Posts

Quote:
welcome aboard!!!!

Great to see new folks!

The upgrades sound awesome! However, I would add an x-pipe to that exhaust. "true duals" rob you of power for the sake of sound.
You know Ive learned about this after I did the mod. Theory wise Im not so convinced since its less restrictive with true duals, but Im not a expert ill see how the new mods work with the exhaust.
Posted on: 2005/11/27 14:36

Big_John RE:My Christmas present (Cant wait)
Guru Newb
32 Posts

Quote:
You know Ive learned about this after I did the mod. Theory wise Im not so convinced since its less restrictive with true duals, but Im not a expert ill see how the new mods work with the exhaust.

I can't see how the x-pipe would cause any restriction. That said, what I would do with an existing system like yours is to add an H-pipe. Less noise and less restriction than the duals. The best place to add the crossover can be found by spraying a little regular paint (not high temp) on the pipe past the collector. Where the paint stops burning off is supposed to be the ideal spot for the crossover.
Posted on: 2005/11/27 15:50

Guru Newb
5 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

I can't see how the x-pipe would cause any restriction. That said, what I would do with an existing system like yours is to add an H-pipe. Less noise and less restriction than the duals. The best place to add the crossover can be found by spraying a little regular paint (not high temp) on the pipe past the collector. Where the paint stops burning off is supposed to be the ideal spot for the crossover.
Great tip John. All I did to the Corsa was cut out the resonator and added two straight pipes in its place. I still have the cats. Cant get around it with Illinois sniffer test. I still dont see how H or X are less restrictive then straight ?
Posted on: 2005/11/28 3:20

Skidmarks RE:My Christmas present (Cant wait)
Guru
Blue Mound, Illinois
98 Posts

An H or X pipe is neither more or less restrictive then the duals. What it does do is equalize exhaust pulses from side to side which allows for better exhaust scavenging from the cylinders and will also reduce some resonance.

I run 2 1/2" true duals with an H pipe. I don't have any major engine mods, but I could sure tell a SOT difference with the exhaust mod.
Posted on: 2005/11/28 16:37

Guru Newb
5 Posts

Quote:
An H or X pipe is neither more or less restrictive then the duals. What it does do is equalize exhaust pulses from side to side which allows for better exhaust scavenging from the cylinders and will also reduce some resonance.

I run 2 1/2" true duals with an H pipe. I don't have any major engine mods, but I could sure tell a SOT difference with the exhaust mod.
Do you have cats?
Posted on: 2005/11/29 1:30

NamGulfVette RE:My Christmas present (Cant wait)
Guru Newb
6 Posts

Check out this ASE mechanic Corvette nut/owner in Downers Grove. Very helpful guy with a good head for C4s/C5s: www.rickanthonymotorsports.com
Posted on: 2005/11/29 2:41

Skidmarks RE:My Christmas present (Cant wait)
Guru
Blue Mound, Illinois
98 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

Do you have cats?

Well, sort of. I still have the factory exhaust manifolds and the precats that were on the front y pipe going into my duals. Basically these cats are junk and wouldn't pass a sniff test, but we don't have testing in downstate Illinois.
My exhaust guy wouldn't do the work unless I had some kind of cat on there.
They are just there to hold me over until I get a set of long tube headers and some hi-flow cats to hook into the duals.
Posted on: 2005/11/29 16:49

Big_John RE:My Christmas present (Cant wait)
Guru Newb
32 Posts

Quote:

That is what I meant, I misspoke and I should not have said less restriction with X or H pipes. :D
Posted on: 2005/11/30 1:19

Arisa RE:My Christmas present (Cant wait)
Guru Newb
Laurel DE
37 Posts

Quote:

Hummmmmm...........that begs a question.....

Do you think I should put an X-pipe on Arisa or leave her duals alone ? (Yes it's a loaded question) 8)
Posted on: 2006/2/18 0:56

bogus RE:My Christmas present (Cant wait)
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I would put an x-pipe on that sucker! I think you would pick up 10hp for it.

The only risk... you might loose that great big block sound... drool...
Posted on: 2006/2/18 6:18

hulagan808 Re: My Christmas present (Cant wait)
Guru
hawaii, maui
58 Posts

x pipe helps torque and not so much hp. helps avoid the drone as well. avoid the three bolt flange connectors like the plauge. ball and socket is much better even if you have to modify a new part it is worth it!
Posted on: 2008/6/28 11:27

bogus Re: My Christmas present (Cant wait)
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

hulagan,

dude! Digging through the archives! that's great!
Posted on: 2008/6/28 18:10

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

hulagan808 Re: My Christmas present (Cant wait)
Guru
hawaii, maui
58 Posts

MAHALO Bogus. Aloha
Posted on: 2008/6/30 13:26

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.