Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C6
Abbreviation for the 6th generation of Corvettes built starting in 2005 and are still in production....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

biggrizzly C7 Concept Cars possibly coming to our Spring Car Show
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

I just got an email from our sponsor dealership Sport Chevrolet that some of the Corvette Design Team, and Brand Manager will be attending our car show in June. On top of that they are currently discussing bringing three previously not-seen C7 Corvette Concept Cars.

This is really pretty incredible! I will keep you guys posted as plans develop.
Posted on: 2010/12/3 15:11
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

BillH Re: C7 Concept Cars possibly coming to our Spring Car Show
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Very cool Don.
When I was in Mason-Dixon, we had Dave Mc come in in '83. He did a C4 slide show that hadn't been released to the public.

I really hope they stay away from the transformers stuff.

The concept I like (especially the side view) isn't by GM.

K.Scott Teeters

Attach file:

jpg  C7Concept2pagespread.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/12/3 15:43

TommyT-Bone Re: C7 Concept Cars possibly coming to our Spring Car Show
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33776 Posts

That is pretty sweet Bill.
Posted on: 2010/12/3 15:47

biggrizzly Re: C7 Concept Cars possibly coming to our Spring Car Show
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Yeah, I like that one too, but as usual with the concept art, the windsheild rake is too much and the roof height is too low for realistic manufacture. I'd like to see something like that, but I reall hate to see the prices of these new cars. It seems like the prices are really creeping up. You can buy a base coupe in the mid to upper 40s now, but if you want anything special it will be sky high.

I cross my fingers that they do as good on the next one as the C6 was when it came out.
Posted on: 2010/12/3 15:48

DaleD Re: C7 Concept Cars possibly coming to our Spring Car Show
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

I love that concept car Bill.

The concern I'd have about the C7 is the influence of government ownership. I'm ok with efficency, but making the Corvette "green" can lead to all kinds of undesirable modifications.
Posted on: 2010/12/3 17:07

bogus Re: C7 Concept Cars possibly coming to our Spring Car Show
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I don't see the government interfering with product beyond the already mandated industry requirements.

And, as shares get sold, the government will be able to sell theirs to get the money back; they are not going to stay in the business. It wouldn't be ethical in our system. It would, I suspect, lead to some kind of law suit somewhere.

This is NOT the UK c1975 when they were running British Leyland into the ground.

I was talking to a guy earlier this year who was claiming that Obama was going to cancel the Corvette program. As I said, that was the biggest pile of right-wing bull shit that I had heard this year. Corvette was the only facet of GM making any money - you don't kill a cash cow! If nothing else, I don't think Obama has that much authority of the administration of the stock ownership. Then again, these were loans, not stock purchases at the time. Loans don't give you much leverage short of calling them.

I mean, you have a loan for a house, can the bank really make you paint it purple with yellow trim? No. Can they mandate that you replace the roof? Doubtful, really. More than likely, if the house falls into disrepair, the local authorities will slap you with violations long before the bank cares, as long as the payments have been made.

So... back to the C7 from the pic that Bill posted. Love the looks! A couple of thoughts, tho... I don't see the split window making DOT happy. So far, the only split windows are kits, so the DOT isn't seeing them... but if a manufacturer was to do this... not so sure. And the b-pillar. I love the angle, but I don't know what it would do for rollover protection. I love the overall aggressive line, tho. Sweet!
Posted on: 2010/12/3 18:08

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

DaleD Re: C7 Concept Cars possibly coming to our Spring Car Show
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
I mean, you have a loan for a house, can the bank really make you paint it purple with yellow trim? No. Can they mandate that you replace the roof? Doubtful, really. More than likely, if the house falls into disrepair, the local authorities will slap you with violations long before the bank cares, as long as the payments have been made.

The difference is, the bank simply wants money from you. The government has a keen interest in GM for a variety of reasons. The UAW is one big one. We'll never get our money back from GM, but I'm still on the fence as to whether the bailout was the right thing to do or not. I'm leaning towards saying it was, and I was totally against it.

But, the proof will be in the pudding. If the C7 maintains the heritage, that would be a good thing. I wasn't saying for sure that the government influence would mess up the Vette, just that it was a concern. However I've seen the government in action, and the potential for a disaster is there.
Posted on: 2010/12/3 18:29

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
So... back to the C7 from the pic that Bill posted. Love the looks! A couple of thoughts, tho... I don't see the split window making DOT happy. So far, the only split windows are kits, so the DOT isn't seeing them... but if a manufacturer was to do this... not so sure. And the b-pillar. I love the angle, but I don't know what it would do for rollover protection. I love the overall aggressive line, tho. Sweet!

Yea, I dump the split window. And missage the roof/windshield rake a bit for production like Don said.

One thing's for sure: If I like it, GM won't even come close.
Posted on: 2010/12/3 19:25

bogus Re: C7 Concept Cars possibly coming to our Spring Car Show
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

DaleD wrote:
Quote:

bogus wrote:

The difference is, the bank simply wants money from you. The government has a keen interest in GM for a variety of reasons. The UAW is one big one. We'll never get our money back from GM, but I'm still on the fence as to whether the bailout was the right thing to do or not. I'm leaning towards saying it was, and I was totally against it.

But, the proof will be in the pudding. If the C7 maintains the heritage, that would be a good thing. I wasn't saying for sure that the government influence would mess up the Vette, just that it was a concern. However I've seen the government in action, and the potential for a disaster is there.

I am not so sure the government can hold any part of GM for any extended period of time. If nothing else, I suspect there is a caveat in the anti-trust regs that forbids it.

What you are implying is that the government could leverage the UAW via GM. I am no so sure that can be done.
Posted on: 2010/12/3 21:32

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

BrianCunningham Re: C7 Concept Cars possibly coming to our Spring Car Show
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Transformer cars?
Posted on: 2010/12/3 21:46

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:
Transformer cars?

Yea the silver one with the Caddy lights, the rear end of the new Camaro,etc.
Posted on: 2010/12/3 22:07

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.