Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
193 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  A-Molds
These are a more traditional 5-spoke rim (than the Saw Blades).

Used on later ZR1s, the 1996 GrandSport and Collectors Edition....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

rookievette Rear end gear change
Guru Newb
24 Posts

I had the gears changed from 259's to 373's. The car ran fantastic. amazing change. I sent the computer to be flashed. ever since the car won't shift when floored. It will hit 6k and instead of shifting it seems to go into neutral. It is an automatic and it is a 94. I can force it to shift by letting off the gas. I am wondering if the flash didn't work. I am also wondering if the transmission was damaged somehow. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Posted on: 2011/2/14 4:10
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

RickAnthony Re: Rear end gear change
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

rookievette wrote:
I had the gears changed from 259's to 373's. The car ran fantastic. amazing change. I sent the computer to be flashed. ever since the car won't shift when floored. It will hit 6k and instead of shifting it seems to go into neutral. It is an automatic and it is a 94. I can force it to shift by letting off the gas. I am wondering if the flash didn't work. I am also wondering if the transmission was damaged somehow. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

How do you know it is going into neutral at 6K rpm? I am guessing something is wrong with the tune if it will shift into the next gear when you let off and it's not slipping at that point. If the trans has not been aparts recently and the only changes since the problem has occured is the gears and the tune.. I am thinking the problem is in the tune itself.. either the shift points are off or the line pressure table ect.. and yes the trans can be damaged if the settings or tune is not correct.. I remember talking to one corvette owner who has his car tuned out of state while at an event, he said he left and went to get on the highway and the trans was slipping, he turned around and went back and the tuner found he entered the wrong numbers in the tables, changed it and the trans was fine, however it may have lessened the life span...
-=Rick
Posted on: 2011/2/14 4:43
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

rookievette Re: Rear end gear change
Guru Newb
24 Posts

I don't know it is going into nuetral, it might just be pegging out at 6k. That is really the only way I can explain it. I am going to send it back. My brother knows the guy who did it. I might not have given him the proper info. Thanks for the help.
Posted on: 2011/2/15 2:29

Matatk Re: Rear end gear change
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22806 Posts

Did the tuner put a 6k rev limiter into the tune?
Posted on: 2011/2/15 3:17

pr0zac Re: Rear end gear change
Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

shifts on a 94+ are based off of mph for the most part. there could be something wrong with your line pressure setting.
Posted on: 2011/2/15 4:03

biggrizzly Re: Rear end gear change
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

This sounds very familiar to me. I had similar problems with mine and it cost me my engine at the race track I'm pretty sure. When Pete dug into my transmission he found a bunch of little issues that could have led to a no shift problem I was experiencing. You might see if he chimes in here to give you a little insight. I know he replaced a lot of stuff in my tranny.
Posted on: 2011/2/15 13:04

rookievette Re: Rear end gear change
Guru Newb
24 Posts

Thanks for the replies and I will keep an eye out to see if Pete happens to see this post. Thanks guys
Posted on: 2011/2/16 2:54

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.