Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  LT4
Engine used in 1996, all manual equipped cars came with this engine....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

bjz Fuel Rail o-rings
Guru
61 Posts

Who sells a fuel rail o-ring kit. Since I am lazy and haven't finished my install I have decided to do a few more things while I am in there. Also I need a good article on marking a removing the distributer. Can anyone direct me to one. Thanks.

Forgot one thing. How do you get the damn clips off the injector fuel rail. I am trying to figure it out without damaging them. I am sure it is simple I just can't process how to do it. Sorry.
Posted on: 2011/3/22 1:36
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Fuel Rail o-rings
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

FIC or RockAuto (both forum sponsors) would likely be able to help you out on the o-rings. If the clips are similar to the ones on the LTx, they just slide to one side to release the injector from the rail.
Posted on: 2011/3/22 1:54

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

bjz Re: Fuel Rail o-rings
Guru
61 Posts

Ok ordered from fic. Option wasn't available when I ordered my injectors. Their website has the paypal option fixed as well. Awesome. I will try again on the clips. Thanks.
Posted on: 2011/3/22 2:27

Matatk Re: Fuel Rail o-rings
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

BJZ - just spin the clip to side with a screwdriver if I remember correctly. It's been a while.

As far as marking the distributor, couple ways to do it. One is take a long piece of tape and run it to the firewall from the cap, then tear it in the middle, that should line back up when you reinstall it. BUT you run the risk of the distributor gear moving and not dropping back in correctly which would throw it off a tooth, thus messing up timing.

I prefer to set the motor to TDC, remove the cap and then drop the dizzy so I'm sure it's on cyl #1 then set the timing. Only takes a few minutes to do.

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/3/22 2:35

Guru
61 Posts

k great. I actually figured the damn clips out right before I read you post. Thank you. Injectors look kinda crappy with only 30,00 miles on them. Looks like 1 was possible leaking and one or two were about too. Don't know if it was the seal or injector.
Posted on: 2011/3/22 6:09

Matatk Re: Fuel Rail o-rings
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

You have an 88, right? The stock Multec injectors from the factory are damaged internally by the ethanol added to modern gasoline.

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/3/22 11:30

Guru
61 Posts

yes an 88. Yeah i bought the bosch 3's from fic. I had researched alot on this forum and decided that was the first thing to do to the car. I also deleted the egr and air pump with the tpis unit. Very nice product.
Posted on: 2011/3/22 15:18

CentralCoaster Re: Fuel Rail o-rings
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Posted on: 2011/3/22 21:58

Guru
61 Posts

ok is there a write up or specifically a pic of replacing the fuel rail o-rings?? I am installing new o-rings from fic and I have a really big o-ring and maybe one smaller I can't figure out where they go?? Are 2 of the smaller o-rings suppose to go on the front of the fuel inlet and outlet or?? If I use one on the fuel pressure regulator I have one left or one short. Sorry I am confused and can't find and pics. Please help.

does the big o-ring go here??
[IMG]http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l446/bj180sx/650932431_photobucket_52802_.jpg[/IMG]

do I use 2 o-rings here or are they not apart of the kit??
[IMG]http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l446/bj180sx/650932431_photobucket_52801_.jpg[/IMG]

Do I replace this o-ring on the fpr??
[IMG]http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l446/bj180sx/650932431_photobucket_52800_.jpg[/IMG]
Posted on: 2011/4/3 2:32

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

The big oring might be for the cold start injector where it goes into the intake runner. I don't recall any oring going on the connection to the rail in your first pic, but its been awhile.

The intake gasket kit that comes with orings I thought came with ones for the hard fuel lines shown in your 2nd pic. In 85 the return line was slightly smaller.
Posted on: 2011/4/3 4:02

Guru
61 Posts

duh. Cold star. I am an idiot. Thanks. Ok got them all but one.
Posted on: 2011/4/3 6:42

joeld Re: Fuel Rail o-rings
Guru
Lawrenceville Ga
718 Posts

In your picture #3 of the FPR body showing the short tube, that tube will slip out and there is a O-ring on the other end also. Just thought I would mention this since you are replacing all the O-rings anyway.
On my 89 I had to buy two O-ring kits to have enough for this short tube also.

Joel
Posted on: 2011/4/4 1:21

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

joeld wrote:
In your picture #3 of the FPR body showing the short tube, that tube will slip out and there is a O-ring on the other end also. Just thought I would mention this since you are replacing all the O-rings anyway.
On my 89 I had to buy two O-ring kits to have enough for this short tube also.

Joel

Good point. And they should be the same size as the other crossover tubes. I don't recall those coming in the kit though! Mine are probably still original. Ruh roh.

Also on my car, the orings to the fuel lines were tan, which I assume is viton, and the others were all black. Not sure if there is black viton, or if the black ones are some type of material to where you don't want to be buying them from just anywhere.
Posted on: 2011/4/4 18:56

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.