Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
309 user(s) are online (252 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  CFI
Cross Fire Injection. Method of fuel delivery in the L82 motor. The 1984 is the only C4 to use the L82. This is the same engine used in the 1982 C3. ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

gman35 images of installed c4 corvette X brace
Guru Newb
orange park fla
3 Posts

Does anyone have or know of any images of a x frame brace that are installe on c4 corvette convertibles.
Posted on: 2013/4/13 2:08
CEH
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: images of installed c4 corvette X brace
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I don't have a pic of the convertible brace, but have this pic of the R-D Racing Cross-Frame that I installed on my coupe. It uses the same factory front mounting holes/nuts as the convertible brace would use, but for the Cross-Frame I had to drill holes and use nut inserts for the rear mounts. Unfortunately the pic doesn't show any detail of the mounts:

Resized Image
Posted on: 2013/4/13 3:08

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Aboatguy Re: images of installed c4 corvette X brace
Senior Guru
My Avatar was redistributed!
498 Posts

Quote:

gman35 wrote:
Does anyone have or know of any images of a x frame brace that are installe on c4 corvette convertibles.

What are you specifically looking for?

Mike
Posted on: 2013/4/17 19:42

corvetteronw Re: images of installed c4 corvette X brace
Senior Guru
Lowell, MI
646 Posts

I saw the same request on another forum. He is installing a convertible X brace on his C4 coupe and wants to see where the rears are attached and how they look.
Posted on: 2013/4/18 14:41

gman35 Re: images of installed c4 corvette X brace
Guru Newb
orange park fla
3 Posts

i have searched everywhere i can think of.. just trying to get some pictures of x frame braces.. preferably from under the car.. my car is a C4. thanks, gary
Posted on: 2013/6/18 21:02
CEH

Lonewolf Re: images of installed c4 corvette X brace
Guru Newb
San Francisco
15 Posts

I haven't been on this site for sometime but your posted question was just a few short months back, have you gotten the answer's you were looking for?

If not, have you tried Corvette Central and looked up part #184146? If not do so, or if you have one of their free catalogs at home it is on page 162. It is the 84-96 Cross-Frame for attaching to the frame of the C4 Corvette with pictures & installation instructions, with included photos and related hardware as needed. If not here is a link to the page itself:

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~partsort~A2~cadefibF

On this page it says; For more information, please check out our Tech Blog, click on the words "Tech Blog" & it will take you to the instruction page as I have outlined above. This is the direct link:

http://tech.corvettecentral.com/2012/ ... te-chassis-reinforcement/

This looks like a nice afternoon weekend project so with tools in hand go for it. While you are at it maybe you would want to think about making this an all day project & include the front L98 Camber Brace to shore up the front end as well? Matching that Cross-Frame with a Camber Brace, you should have not only reduced body flex but suspension control as well, one would think. Here is the link for the Corvette Central Camber Brace, part #184106;

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~partsort~A2~cadefib

Good luck with your project if you haven't done so already. I'm looking as to why my C4 is "choking" when I give it gas under normal driving conditions.

Attach file:

jpg  Picture 5.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2013/6/20 15:14

93ragtop Re: images of installed c4 corvette X brace
Guru
Manassas Va
61 Posts

Gary, I have a 93 vert. It is hard to take pictures since I don't have a lift to put it up on. But if you could tell me what you are specifically looking for, ie mounts etc. I can take pictures and send them to you.
Posted on: 2013/6/21 11:06
93 White Vert. 3.73 gears, Yank 3000 converter,385ci. Built by Rklessdriver!! Ross pistons, Scat Rods, and Crank, custom Mike Jones Cam, AFR 210 heads, Exotic Muscle LT headers, magnaflow mufflers Meziere water pump. My best run 11.19 ET at 124.63mph

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.