Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
203 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  St Louis
St Louis, MO, is the location of the Corvette assembly plant from 1954-1981.

Since 1981, Corvettes have been assembled in Bowling Green, KY.
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
« 1 (2)
 Register To Post

jsup RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
I would like to be able to click on somone's name in a thread and send them a PM.

Under each post by a user, you will see three buttons "Profile", "Buddy", "Send PM".
These buttons are in the dark bar that separates each post, and they apply to the user just above them. :thumbleft:

Holy crap. Never saw them there. Goes to show how when you get used to something a certain way.
Posted on: 2008/2/5 0:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Rex_Ruby RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Senior Guru
Philly Suburbs
180 Posts

Quote:
How's about a completely NEWB section where the new to the Corvette world can ask as many and as simple questions without fear of flaming? Hosepower gains from the Turbonator!
You can't become a Veteran without first being a Recruit.

Good idea
Posted on: 2008/2/9 23:04

seajayiii RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Guru Newb
Carolina Beach, NC
9 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
One of the best things to remember about all this input. K.I.S.S.
Keep it simple stupid. I may be new but so far I like the simple design and uncomplicated format.

Mike

Yes!!! It's not the bells and whistles that bring us here.

Well put. Sometimes, web sites get carried away with "spinning heads" and "dancing pencils." Personally, I am not a big fan of all the bells and whistles either. I just want to get to the information and the discussions as quickly as I can. Often, the added eye candy and widgets simply slow things down.
Posted on: 2008/2/11 13:53

skirlin RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Senior Guru
Caledonia Michigan
277 Posts

Ramrods got it right there. :thumbright: A completely new to forums and/or Vettes section in BOLD font so you can't miss it. I have never visited forums on the web before so it is all new to me. A safe place to ask questions about posting or vette newb questions that maybe shouldn't go in the tech area. Walk before you run.
Posted on: 2008/2/26 6:35

20mercury RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Guru Newb
Washington, Louisiana
6 Posts

I am a Corvette newby, here are my thoughts:

*I think you have a lot of folks here with a vast amount of knowledge but not enough newbies with questions. You need both expertise and lots of questions to make this site really take off. Folks at my Corvette club referred me to the "other site" when I had any questions. I got here by reading the posts on the "other site". I suggest advertising by way of sending notes to Corvette clubs, magazines, ect??? to let a larger audience know you exist. Sell some teeshirts with C4 Guru on them to get some revenue. I want one!
*Expanding to other years like you are doing can increase the traffic and exchanges, but you might think about of changing the name to Corvette Guru or C Guru since C4Guru implies just C4's.
*Minor item, but it is nice to highlight the question and have the summary pop up so you do not have to open the whole question.

GREAT Site! Thanks to all that make it go! It is a big help for me.
Posted on: 2008/2/29 4:59

bogus RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

I am a Corvette newby, here are my thoughts:

*I think you have a lot of folks here with a vast amount of knowledge but not enough newbies with questions. You need both expertise and lots of questions to make this site really take off. Folks at my Corvette club referred me to the "other site" when I had any questions. I got here by reading the posts on the "other site". I suggest advertising by way of sending notes to Corvette clubs, magazines, ect??? to let a larger audience know you exist. Sell some teeshirts with C4 Guru on them to get some revenue. I want one!
*Expanding to other years like you are doing can increase the traffic and exchanges, but you might think about of changing the name to Corvette Guru or C Guru since C4Guru implies just C4's.
*Minor item, but it is nice to highlight the question and have the summary pop up so you do not have to open the whole question.

GREAT Site! Thanks to all that make it go! It is a big help for me.

We are planning on about all those things... see the thread on "new site coming!"

I think you will be pleased.
Posted on: 2008/2/29 5:03

seajayiii RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Guru Newb
Carolina Beach, NC
9 Posts

One more thing. I am not a big fan of having to scroll from left to right to read an entire post or thread. Usually that's caused by an unusually large picture or image imbedded in a post or thread. I will often just get out of the thread rather than scrolling left to right ... and back ... to read it's contents. I have my monitor settings on 1024 X 768 pixels ... if I make it any tighter, I won't be able to read the text. A case in point, this message screen, at this very moment (Post a Reply), has exceeded the width of my screen.

Otherwise, I am very pleased with the more simple look of the site. Someone else said it already ... K.I.S.S.
Posted on: 2008/3/1 14:37

Shadow RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Senior Guru
271 Posts

At the risk of repeating many of the things said here, you need several things to make this site grow.

Advertising-It doesn't matter HOW you do it, just do it (sorry NIKE).
Remember brand X before it went supernova? They had gatherings regionally pretty regularly. People who wanted to would put a windshield banner or sticker on thier car. T-shirts were made for various reasons (The Misfits, etc) with the forum name on them.

When there was a show or big event, Brand X would have a table or booth set up with a big damned banner that read...brand X!

Throw enough mud at a wall and some of it's bound to stick

Links...whenever and wherever possible.

T-shirts-Make 'em available. If you want one, buy one.

POLOS- I wear a lot of polos. They're comfortable, semi-professional enough that I can wear one to a meeting or gathering without looking like I just left the shade tree

The site:

Make it bolder and more interesting. As some have mentioned, it's pretty white bread right now Just no flash or eye appeal. It doesn't have to have rotating heads and bouncing pencils and you mentioned, just some eye appeal

The boxes around the posts...dump them. It get's a little confusing with the quotes and such and just doesn't look quite right. A move more toward Brand X's format might be a good thing

Make it easier (via a button or tab) to find new posts, a user CP to find replys to your onw posts and make the other forums more visible.

When I check in here, I hit new post and find a handful (maybe) of new posts. I totally miss anything in the other forums and have trouble finding things I've posted in before. It may be there but it needs to be K.I.S.S. for a lot of us. I don't have the time, energy or interest to have to dig for shit! I spend my days digging for information, I'm NOT going to spend my free time doing it...I'll move on...as will others.

Better emoticons! These blow...

And finally as said previously, we need NEW BLOOD! Having a site with a lot of answers is great, but not for an active forum

You need a lot of traffic...posts, threads, etc. to keep it lively.

There's another site I visit occasionally. I like the format and eye appeal, but the traffic is so slow there that I hardly go back anymore

There's a lot more to be done, but lets start with the simple stuff first
Posted on: 2008/3/1 15:14

The CF Artist fka: STREETKNIGHT..R.I.P.

www.CorvetteFlorida.com

www.CorvetteInternational.com

Mekanic RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

I agree with all of what Shadow said there.

The bubbles/boxes around posts is confusing.

The one thing I miss on EVERY other forum I'm on is that "My Recent Topics" button. I love that, and having it here would be GREAT!

Advertising is good, but don't whore us out please. Just an FYI, I run adblock on all 6 computers. Your banners do nothing to phase me!!!

T-Shirts, and gatherings are a MUCH better idea imho.

Polos are okay as long as they don't have elastic on the arms.. ugh.. hate that :tongue:

Noob section is okay, but sickys are better.

age verified section for the ... fun pics

Hey... I'm a car guy. I like bewbies! :tongue:
Posted on: 2008/3/1 15:51

Yea tho I walk through the valley in the shadow of rice, I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me.

« 1 (2)
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.