Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
304 user(s) are online (253 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Touringmike We added a 3rd toy to the stable,
Senior Guru
Sussex,Wi
569 Posts

Drove out to Conneticut over the weekend to pick up a new toy for the wife. I'm in Wi., and didn't have a lot of time as we're headed to Fl. for 10 days on this coming Friday.

What I got,
TouringMarianne's new toy;

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

What is it you ask?

A Barn Find, 1979 Honda Civic 1200, 4 spd, non-catalist equiped CVCC,35,500 1 owner miles (I have the original title from 1979), owned by an 80 y/o lady (applicant's birth date is on the Conn. title-:willy: ) She probably only drove it to church.:rofl:
This is indeed a real urban lengend deal.

The wife and I had a '75 Civic back in 1979, and I've been looking for a while for something similar.

I took these shots yesterday morning in Millerton,NY; just outside Conn. (Something to do with cells phones/cars and police, don't ask)
Anyway, I was checking the tow dolly rigging before I started my journey back home.
Here's the story;
I picked up my Dad (for a companion on the trip), and we left Friday afternoon. Made it to Ct. by Saturday morning, 8am (2 hour layover at a rest stop). Looked at the car, inspected it, drove, paid for it, loaded it up, and was back on the road at 9:30am Saturday. Got home at 6am today. (3 hour layover at 2 rest stops) All told, 33.25 hours driving, 1950 miles, 42 hours total (food/pit stops, whatever). I did all the driving on the way home, as my Dad (76 y/o) is quite the maniac - going 85mph with a tow dolly recommended not to exceed 45mph)

I'm gonna take a long nap now. 3 weeks from now, I'll start working on the new toy. It'll get "Collector" plates like my '85 Corvette has, with the same License number and an "A" added to the end.
Posted on: 2008/3/16 14:32

patsfan05488 Re: We added a 3rd toy to the stable,
Guru
229 Posts

Congratz on your find!!!!! it sounds like you had a great road trip with your father.
Posted on: 2008/3/16 15:10
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

SpectatorRacing Re: We added a 3rd toy to the stable,
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Great story.

When you take it to the gas station are you going to wait in line to relive the 70's gas crunch?
Posted on: 2008/3/16 15:46

CSS996 Re: We added a 3rd toy to the stable,
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Neat little car. When I was a kid, I had a silver 1:18 Honda Coupe Z. I always dug little Honda hatchbacks. If they would make a high zoot 3 door Si model of the current gen Civic, I would surely have a look.

Best of luck with it! You could probably fit a 5.7 in there if you took out the back seats...
Posted on: 2008/3/17 14:55

TommyT-Bone Re: We added a 3rd toy to the stable,
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

There is nothing there that a nice set of spinners, a wing and an oversized fart can can't fix. The back looks just big enough for a nice big boom box. When are you ready to start the mods? And don't put those other wings on it either.
Posted on: 2008/3/21 22:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.