Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

GRIS SATURDAY 22 JULY 2023
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7703 Posts

AND A VERY GOOD MORNING TO YOU---
Posted on: 2023/7/22 13:42

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: SATURDAY 22 JULY 2023
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7703 Posts

"OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING" 68 DEGREES ON THE FRONT PORCH, 74% HUMIDITY AT TAHLEQUAH, PREDICTED HIGH OF ONLY 86!

THE FT GIB CAR SHOW IS TODAY, THINK I'LL MAKE A PASS THRU AND SEE WHAT THEY HAVE ON DISPLAY. DW IS GOING TO ANOTHER FUNERAL AFTER NOON; SHE'S BECOMING A PROFESSIONAL MOURNER :-) GUESS I'LL FINISH MOWING THE OBSTACLE COURSE WHILE IT'S NOT SO HOT.

KEEP UP THE FIRE, AMIGOS!

Posted on: 2023/7/22 13:53

TommyT-Bone Re: SATURDAY 22 JULY 2023
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33788 Posts

Posted on: 2023/7/22 16:58

GRIS Re: SATURDAY 22 JULY 2023
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7703 Posts

NOT AS MANY CARS AT THE SHOW AS LAST YEAR, BUT I'D SAY BETTER QUALITY, ASIDE FROM THE RUST-BUCKETS THAT LOOK LIKE THEY WERE JUST HAULED OUT OF THE BACK PASTURE.

QUITE A FEW CORVETTES, NO C4'S OR 7'S THO. THERE WAS A YELLOW C5 CONVERTIBLE WITH A BLACK TOP I REALLY LIKED.

NOW I SHOULD MOW, SHOULD MOW, SHOULD MOW, SHOULD ---
Posted on: 2023/7/22 17:12

teebee Re: SATURDAY 22 JULY 2023
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12382 Posts

Hey guys, the last few days has been a blur. Thursday night after we got home and went to bed we got a "Code Red" warning of a severe thunderstorm, and shortly after we were in bed the storm hit with a vengance. 90mph winds hit and rain, which obviously came down horizontally...almost 2" The house was rocking for over an hour. Rosie, who couldn't stay in bed with the storm howling, came up to tell me a large limb from a tree in the front yard had broken off and a tree across the street had blown over. Getting up in the morning we find a lot of damage all over town. Leo and I cleaned up our yard then headed across town to check on the storage shed property.

Every time the wind blows hard I am concerned about the property over there as the neighbors have an old dead tree that drops limbs and bark off on to our property and the storage shed, but never had any real damage, until Thursday night. When Leo and I got close, he said "The tree looks different." This was from a couple blocks away. As we pulled into the alley (where the garage door faces) we could see a huge branch, really a second trunk laying down in front of the garage, sticking through the garage door actually. Broken windows and panel poked out and frames broken.

I could see that the garage door was going to have to be replaced. The walk-in door was also ajar. Walking in the garage, we could see the limb/trunk was poking through and had stuck into the mower, one of two, we used to mow the property Breaking both rear wheels off and bending up the deck beyond repair. The limb was so big and heavy, we couldn't move it. We cleaned up the yard and then headed back home to gather some saws and tools to cut up the limb... by the time we got back the neighbor, whose property the tree was on, hd already been over and removed it. I talked to my insurance agent and she tells me the neighbors wouldn't be responsible in such a case, unless the tree was dead. "It was dead" I tell her, but then she says you have $1000 deductible. And won't even talk about the dead tree.

The neighbor shows up while we are there and just talks so sweetly about how things were so bad but won't say anything directly about the damage and I tell her, "I guess I'm out $1000 bucks to fix it. I've ordered a new garage door $850 and push mowers are about $350. I'm not going to pursue it any further.

The entire town pulled together to clean up the mess.
Posted on: 2023/7/23 0:55

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: SATURDAY 22 JULY 2023
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Evening CGs!

Sorry to hear about the storm damage, TB. Unfortunate that the neighbors aren't really stepping up and doing the right thing.

My neighbor also has a tree that overhangs our yard. Had a service out here 2 years ago and they said it's actively dying. I offered to pay 1/2 to cut it down and he declined. Hopefully it doesn't fall on our side if a storm does come through.

Raining now...what a coincidence.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Posted on: 2023/7/23 1:59

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.