Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
280 user(s) are online (231 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

JonnyAngle Goin downhill
Senior Guru
Minneapolis, MN
151 Posts

I am still working on a problem that I have been having. When I coast down a hill, I lose speed. At first, it feels normal, but then it feels like the car shifts and i start to decelerate. Codes: EST and EGR. I reset the base idle, so I unplugged the EST wire. Then set the idle and plugged it back in. I think they may be separate issues, but this problem (and EST code) started after I adjusted the idle.
Posted on: 2008/6/24 4:57

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Eagle223usa Re: Goin downhill
Guru with Eyes of Steel
God's country, Pa
197 Posts

I know there are people here who can give insight on this, but what year/engine/trans?
Posted on: 2008/6/24 5:46

JonnyAngle Re: Goin downhill
Senior Guru
Minneapolis, MN
151 Posts

Good call... Early 86 with an automatic. I believe its the 700r?
Posted on: 2008/6/24 14:06

Senior Guru
Minneapolis, MN
151 Posts

It seems to me that the Torque Converter is locking up at speeds above 41, because the rpms are hanging steady when i let off the throttle when the issue arises.
Posted on: 2008/6/26 3:23

anesthes Re: Goin downhill
Master Guru
Boston, MA
646 Posts

Quote:

JonnyAngle wrote:
It seems to me that the Torque Converter is locking up at speeds above 41, because the rpms are hanging steady when i let off the throttle when the issue arises.

That can be checked with a light or scanner. I'm not at home so I can't check the default values for the 86 bin, but I know the TCC is enabled after about 40 mph, but I'm not sure if its used in conjunction with DFCO.

-- Joe
Posted on: 2008/6/26 11:40

Senior Guru
Minneapolis, MN
151 Posts

Thanks anesthes. I think I meant to say it is unlocking, not locking.
Posted on: 2008/6/26 18:38

anesthes Re: Goin downhill
Master Guru
Boston, MA
646 Posts

Quote:

JonnyAngle wrote:
Thanks anesthes. I think I meant to say it is unlocking, not locking.

It is supposed to unlock as far as I can tell by looking at the code. The only time you want it locked is when your on the throttle. Otherwise your slowing the vehicle down by using the engine as a brake.

-- Joe
Posted on: 2008/6/27 11:45

hulagan808 Re: Goin downhill
Guru
hawaii, maui
58 Posts

you should have the tcc unlock when you apply the brakes. it should lock in fourth gear. it will also unlock when going from fourth to third. the computor handles the ground side and can only shut it off or not allow it to come on*. this can be checked via the (I believe) Tan/black wire at the diagnostic port. Aloha

*not positive but I don't think the computor does much controlling if at all. and if so only based on the vss signal, and long stretch here the map or tps. and if so remember can control solenoid ground only anyways.

your idle adjustment may have put you in a lean condtion that the est can't control knock anymore ( not all spark knock is audible) also an egr code can usually mean lean as well (the egr may have been leaking allready and your idle adjustmet can put you over the edge) thats why the factory puts that plug in to deter us number one symptom of a bad egr? poor idle. Aloha
Posted on: 2008/6/28 8:22

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.