Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ASR
Automatic Slip Regulation; ie traction control.

Standard on all C4s starting in 1992....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

87vette bad news good news
Guru Newb
25 Posts

OK BEFORE YOU READ THIS STORY KEEP IN MIND I OWNED A C5 HARDTOP SO IT EXCUSES ME A LITTLE FROM BEING A TOTAL IDIOT! HAAAA WELL YESTERDAY MONDAY THE 28TH WAS NOT MY DAY IM JUST GETTING USE TO MY C4 PROJECT CAR SO I TAKE IT TO WORK IN THE MORNING FOR THE FIRST TIME, GET ON THE FREEWAY LEFT THE TOP ON CAUSE IT WAS CHILLY AND AS SOON AS I HIT ABOUT 50MPH SWOOOSH INSTANT SUNROOF "I SHOUTED WTFUUUUU LOOKED IN MY REARVIEW MIRROR AND SAW MY PANEL FLYING THROUGH THE AIR SOME HOW MISSED FROM HITTING ANYTHING IN THE MORNING RUSH TRAFFIC BEHIND ME ''NOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAM SHI''''TTTT FUUUUUU I SHOUTED TO MY SELF LOL THIS IS FUNNY TO ME NOW BUT YES I LOST MY TARGA ON THE FREEWAY AND IT GOT CRUSHED INTO A MILLION PIECES COULDNT EVEN SAVE THE CORE, I FEEL SO STUPID!!!!!, WELL THE GOOD NEW IS IT WAS ALREADY CRACKED AND I WAS GOING TO REPLACE IT ANYWAY AT LEAST I LEARNED MY LESSON WITH MY OLD CRAPPED CRACKED OUT TOP! SO I ORDERED MY NEW ONE LAST NIGHT WELL THOUGHT YOU GUYS WOULD GET A GOOD LAUGH THIS MORNING!!!!

OK SAME DAY BUT AT NIGHT IM ROLLING HOME "NOTE MY INSTRUMENT CLUSTER DOSENT WORK YET" MY CAR STARTS ACTING FUNNY LIKE ITS CHOKING OR LIKE WHEN MY MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR WENT OUT, IT STARTS PUTTERING SO I HAPPEN TO STOP RIGHT IN FRONT OF A MECHANIC SHOP, DUDE IS A NICE GUY COMES OUT, FIRST THING HE ASK DO YOU HAVE GAS? I SAY YES, BECAUSE I JUST FILLED IT UP 3 DAYS AGO AND DIDNT THINK I DROVE THAT FAR SO HE CHECK MY FUEL PRESSURE AND THERE IS NONE SO HE SAYS ITS PROBABLY YOUR FUEL PUMP SO I GET SOME TOOLS OUT TAKE MY FUEL PUMP OUT GET MY WIFE TO BUY A NEW ONE AND BRING IT TO ME I GET EVERYTHING UNSCREWED LOOK IN THE TANK AND ITS EMPTY!!!! I WAS OUT OF FREAKIN GAS,,,, DAM STUPPPPIIIIDDDDDD WELL MY WIFE WAS ROLLIN ON THE GROUND HA HA HA I GUESS I NEED TO HURRY AND GET MY TARGA SO I CAN BUY MY NEW INSTRUMENT CLUSTER TO READ MY GAS LEVEL HOPE YOU HAVE A FUNNY DAY GUYS AND DON'T BAN ME FOR BEING A CORVETTE IDIOT YESTERDAY! IM A ROOKIE STILL TRYING TO LEARN ABOUT MY NEW BABY BLUE!!!!!!!!SERV.
Posted on: 2008/10/28 12:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

biggrizzly Re: bad news good news
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

I actually witnessed the exact thing happen on a cruise to Charlotte Motor Speedway with some friends several years ago. He lost the roof in front of us and, as you we couldn't beleive it didn't hit any of us. He was more fortunate than you in that his landed in some brush and grass on the side of the road and was still usable, although scuffed up a bit. I think his was a C5 though, my memory is getting foggy.
Posted on: 2008/10/28 12:46

Matatk Re: bad news good news
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22811 Posts

You're not the first person that's happened to! Don't feel too bad about it. Lesson learned. As far as the gas issue, same thing happened to me when I first got my vette. I had two bars showing on the gas gauge and figured I had enough. I was wrong. Stalled a few times but I was able to baby it a mile down the street to the gas station. Ugh.

As far as the digidash, what's wrong with it?? There is a great website that goes over how to repair your dash at home if you are so inclined. Doesn't require a huge amount of technical ability. Check it out:

http://www.batee.com/corvette/index.shtml

Good luck,

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/10/28 13:31

AKS_Racing Re: bad news good news
Guru
62 Posts

What's wrong with the IC? Are you sure it has failed? Do you want to try another to see if that is indeed the case. I have a few good ones in the parts attic.

I also have the targa tops, unfortunately none to match your car, but I bet I could have found one in less than an hour.

What area of Houston are you?
Aaron
Posted on: 2008/10/29 16:58

TommyT-Bone Re: bad news good news
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33809 Posts

The cluster on my 90 was blacked out. When I first started it I could look real hard and get a guage reading. I could have sworn I had about 3/4 of a tank. I was about 40 miles from home on my way to a cruise in driving on I95. She starts sputtering and kicking and losing power. F~(%........ The first thing I think is the engine just let go. I look at the bars on the lcd and I'm bone dry. Traffic speeding by, I'm on an incline facing uphill with nowhere to go.. Da da danah ........ A road ranger shows up and gives me about 3 gallons of gas. I thank him with a twenty and I'm on the road again. Pissed off the ol'lady because I sent her off to get a gas can and fuel. Called her on the cell and told her all is well. First time I ran out of gas in over 20 years. I'm sure glad it wasn't worse.
Posted on: 2008/10/29 19:14

87vette Re: bad news good news
Guru Newb
25 Posts

thanks for being so honest and makeing me feel better can't wait till i get my cluster fixed and im still waiting on my targa
Posted on: 2008/10/30 2:31

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.