Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
302 user(s) are online (260 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C6
Abbreviation for the 6th generation of Corvettes built starting in 2005 and are still in production....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CorvetteBob Stealth Ram for C4's??
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

In some of the threads that discuss intakes, occasionally you notice something about, " holley now makes the Stealth Ram to fit under the C4 hood".

Is there any proof that they are now doing this? I'm not too sure what to believe. Even if they are making them to fit C4's now, is it a new part # in the product line, or what?
Thanks for your help guys.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 6:09

bogus Re: Stealth Ram for C4's??
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I checked their site and can't tell... I have no idea.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 6:33

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CorvetteBob Re: Stealth Ram for C4's??
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

From the "other forum" ol'rj can can modify them, and he does a really good job, but he's pricey.

I've heard there is one or two others that'll modify them, but I can't remember who they are or the cost.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 6:51

bogus Re: Stealth Ram for C4's??
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I am sure someone will chime in with the answer... I know there are people - the same ones you are referring to, no question - but I don't remember who they are, either!
Posted on: 2009/1/25 7:18

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

convas Re: Stealth Ram for C4's??
Guru Newb
12 Posts

Holley to not make a version of the HSR to fit under the stock C4 hood, so you need either a high rise hood or a modified HSR.

USMRACER do a modified HSR to fit the stock C4 hood, but not cheap, about the same price as a miniram.

http://www.usmracer.com/Holly-Stealth ... -Adapter-Kit_p_2694.html#
Posted on: 2009/1/25 11:12

85L98-84L83 Re: Stealth Ram for C4's??
Guru Newb
113 Posts

Why not just put a superram on it? Better low end torque for around town. Looks cool too.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 16:39

BrianCunningham Re: Stealth Ram for C4's??
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

dan0617 has one, I don't know if it fits under the hood or not.

http://www.corvette-guru.com/userinfo.php?uid=922

it's in his avatar
Resized Image
Posted on: 2009/1/25 19:10

Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Quote:

85L98-84L83 wrote:
Why not just put a superram on it? Better low end torque for around town. Looks cool too.

I'd like to do just that, but it's become quite frustrating
to catch up to them. I'm always a day late or a dollar short. As easy as it is to aquire the Stealthram, plus less assembly hassle make the holley intake a bit more obtainable as I can buy it in stages, as components are needed.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 20:17

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

How about a miniram?
Posted on: 2009/1/25 20:53

85L98-84L83 Re: Stealth Ram for C4's??
Guru Newb
113 Posts

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Posted on: 2009/1/25 22:27

dan0617 Re: Stealth Ram for C4's??
Senior Guru
Tyrone, PA
1260 Posts

Yes, my HSR does fit under my stock hood. I bought the whole setup used (but never installed) from CF member Makin U Shivr. He actually built the plenum himself from scratch(not a modified holley plenum), then shipped it to ol'RJ for him to weld it together. It is very nice. Mike (Makin U Shivr) did a great job with the sizing and hole tapping and fitment to the base, while RJ did a spectacular job of welding. If you get in contact with Mike he might be willing to make you a plenum and either ship it to you for welding, ship it to a welder of your choice for welding, or I know he was getting into aluminum welding last I talked to him so he might be able to weld it together now too.
Posted on: 2009/1/26 3:18

Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:
How about a miniram?

Gimme a minute, I just saw your new avatar...

OK, lemme run down thru the choices as I'm sure they'll come up..............

The Superram is good if you can get one cheap(or at all).
In fact, I think the SR would be my best choice, despite the assembly difficulties. It uses the big HEI, stock fuel rails, doesn't need much tuning until you start to add in a cam, fits the hood, etc.. All of this is why I've been looking for a SR for so long.

I like the miniram, but my big problem is I'm a cheapass.
I'm not yet willing to spend a thousand+ for an intake.
Besides, from what I hear, it takes a bunch of tuning to get it running right.

The stealthram is, so far, a better and more accessible alternative. It's less expensive, and it can be bought in stages as parts are needed. Even when you add in the cost of a small diameter distributor and coil. But I'm not aware how much chip work they take. If required, I would need to purchase a chip as I'm a born again compu-dope.

I think I read something about Edelbrock having a new intake but, 1)will it fit under the hood? 2) what size distributor? 3) how much tuning?

As you can see, I've been thinking about this for a while.
Anyone have a superram laying around?
Posted on: 2009/1/26 5:30

dan0617 Re: Stealth Ram for C4's??
Senior Guru
Tyrone, PA
1260 Posts

You might as well figure on a tune. It isn't about "how much tuning". You can buy a mail order tune from Jesse Azzato or pcmforless (I had better luck with Jesse) and if it isn't right on they will tweak it for free. It's just a chip change, your computer and all will stay the same. You just tell the tuner what mods you have done to your car and he will take care of it for you. Unless you go with a really big cam or a really high stall converter then the streetability will stay near stock on all the intakes you mentioned.

A superram would likely be a nice choice for you but it isn't an intake you can throw on and off in a few minutes and they have their vac leak problems. I think once worked out it would be very suitable for you. Can be run with the stock cam but you would be much better off with a "bigger" cam than stock.

I love my HSR. It installs very quickly, no problems at all, and I love being able to look down in it and line up the head and intake ports and the gasket perfectly before installing the plenum. There are alot of little things to work out when installing it the first time but after that it is so very simple and trouble free. I hated the thought of needing a remote coil and small cap distributor but looking back my stock unit was old anyway, now I like the look of the small distributor. Wiring it up was easier than I thought but I have a Crane ignition box, never wired it up without it. Also looks very clean under the hood, not alot of wiring all over the place with this intake and dist. setup. I'd suggest a cam change to gain big power although this intake will still work ok with the stock cam and 1.6 rockers, in my opinion. Consider a higher stall converter too.

The miniram was my original choice. I don't think, for what you are doing, there will be any noticeable power difference between the miniram and the stealthram. If you are looking for the easiest initial setup and install and a clean underhood look this is likely the best choice for you. If I were you I'd get the cam swapped out though if running this intake. Need a higher stall converter too, in my opinion.

If you are really looking at not dropping a boatload of money, have you considered a converted LT1 intake? This was my 2nd choice of intakes originally. If I hadn't found such a good deal on the stealthram I was going to go this route as I, too, couldn't bear to spend so much money for a miniram. Even used they were way up there. They have come down in price some (used) over the past 1.5 years but the mini is still much more expensive than a converted LT1 intake. I'd think this intake would be about the same as the mini, or maybe in between the stealthram and the mini. If you haven't researched this option yet, look into it.
Posted on: 2009/1/26 13:52

Elite Guru
1409 Posts

You're probably right about the tune Dan.

I've considered the LT1 conversion. But every time I see one the dist. hole looks like such a hack-job. Not to mention the bolt holes and coolant hookups. Also, I've read from some of the guys on the other forum that when finished, they wished they'd done the miniram.

Besides what I listed before,I guess another reason I like the Superram is that I can install it after having to sell my ASM runners to offset the cost.

Here's an update, on the local news they just showed Pres. Obama signing a reversal of the Bush energy plan. It includes stricter air standards. So whatever I do
I'll hafta keep in mind the smog equip. So, Now it looks like the Miniram is still a distant candidate, but the Superram is preferred.

And since this is my thread, there's something else that this whole process has shown me. I HATE PAYPAL!!!!!!!!!!
I've tried to use them in the past. They get you to jump thru a bunch of stupid hoops, and when you go to make a purchase they say "it's too much money. Now we need your account numbers." After having been a victim of ID theft once, I'm not gonna start giving that info out. Stupid Paypal.

Maybe I shoulda changed my user-id to ReallyPissedallthetimeBob...

Then again...I'll take my problems anyday compared to what alot of people are having to thru these days.
Posted on: 2009/1/26 17:50

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

The LT1 intake would do it, but the minram is a nice piece and a lot easier to deal with.

You could also covert a 4bl intake.

I knew an autocrosser who did that to his LT4

Why? Well you can't touch the longblock in the class he was running in, but he's free to so whatever he wanted on the intake.

This national car picked up 30ft-lb or torque in the process

Photobucket
Posted on: 2009/1/26 21:56

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

BTW my tuner can build you one if you want:

[QUOTE]SloRvette;
Finally got a car put together for myself.:willy:

[IMG]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/p8638/P1010044.jpg[/IMG]

12:1 4.040 bore GM 4 bolt 1 piece rear main seal truck block, Eagle 3.875" stroke crank, Eagle 6" rods, Ross pistons - Calico coatings turbo top, anti fricton sides, Canfield heads ported to 215 cc - intake flows 317 @ .700" lift, ported StealthRam - heads flowed the number with intake attached, injectors rolled over for direct port dry nitrous, custom plenum with Accufab Lightning Monblade throttlebody, solid roller cam 242/250 @ .050" .672" gross intake lift .688" gross exhaust lift, Comp solid roller lifters with high pressure roller oiling, custom 3" stainless exhaust, Hooker 2151 headers, FAST XFI, 60 lb injectors, Walbro 340 pump feeding Bosch 044 pump

[IMG]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/p8638/P1010040.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/p8638/P1010042.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]
Posted on: 2009/1/27 3:39

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.