Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
236 user(s) are online (197 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  L98 Intake Bolt Sizes
This is data compiled by CentralCoaster. It lists all the bolt sizes for a stock L98 intake manifold and some of the attachments.

These are commo...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

95Vert 94-96 Sport Seats
Senior Guru
Aiken, SC
440 Posts

Well, since last year, I had trouble with my sport seats. Tracks, switches and lumbar. A real triple crown. I bought one new track and got that problem under control.

Next, the switch was also not enabling the tracks to move so I had to replace that after taking the old switch apart and learning how to fix them. The lumbar part of that switch had to be completely replaced after all with a complete new switch. Wires led under carpet necessitated taking the console apart to get at the wiring.

Finally, I tackled the lumbar aspect. First the pump. This pump is unique to the 94-96 cars. You can't fix the pump with a new little rubber membrane like the older pumps. I had to find a used one, did, but it still hasn't gotten here.

On Saturday, yesterday, I bought two complete sport seats in Maryland, albeit with the leather hard and cracked. It had a pump though and complete lumbar system. So, I took those seats apart, swapped lumbar systems and installed those pieces on my seats. Passenger went in easy as the side wings were working, just not the back rest center stuff. Also had to get the air hoses in the right order.

The driver's seat had been worked on and botched up. I hate that when you pay someone to do something and they fudge it because its not their own car and they don't care or they do all work in a shoddy manner, even their own.

In any case, the lumbar stuff ended up working but the bags were hanging too loose within the seat. I had to tie them down securely, GM uses hog rings through the foam of all things and that stuff had been torn away.

Anyway, I now have working seat travel, switch and lumbar functions. Unnecessarily complicated overall but it seems to work. Plus I now have a bunch of spare parts.

Ralf
Posted on: 2009/6/15 2:32
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: 94-96 Sport Seats
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Nice job - sounds like a lot of work, but well worth the effort!
Posted on: 2009/6/15 2:47

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Dads90 Re: 94-96 Sport Seats
Guru
Pearland, Tx
318 Posts

I wish the lumbar bags, in mine, would hold air. Haven't made any effort to fix those. Nice job on yours.
Posted on: 2009/6/15 3:52

Matatk Re: 94-96 Sport Seats
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Got any pics? How about a write up?

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/6/15 11:32

95Vert Re: 94-96 Sport Seats
Senior Guru
Aiken, SC
440 Posts

Good point on pictures and a write up. Its just such a huge pain and there's very little written on it. Maybe its just not so important. Everyone has a motor but not everyone has these PIA seats.

I'll put something together using the spare seats as a pictorial.

If there's problem with air holding, check all the rubber lines to see if they are ok or plugged in. Also, actually check the bladders. Easy to do.

Ralf
Posted on: 2009/6/15 17:04

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.