Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
203 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Cigarette Lighter
Does it work?

If not, the fuse is hidden… behind the Driver Information Center (DIC) on the 1984-1989, and under the right knee bolster on the ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

93Moneypit My 93 lt1 is throwing a fit help
Guru Newb
Santa Cruz Ca
38 Posts

My 93 is running bad with no codes new a/c distributor new a/c spark plug wires and iridium plugs rebuilt IFC bosh 3 injectors.
When i run my snap on scanner and compare my scan values to the FSM typical scan values everything looks good except it says [ bank 2 inj. fault no/yes and its a yes.
So it says refer to section C2 witch is fuel metering system with 10 pages with nothing referring to bank 2 inj fault hopefully one of you Gurus have come across this problem before.
Anny help or advice is appreciated thanks guys.
Posted on: 2009/7/30 9:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: My 93 lt1 is throwing a fit help
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Maybe the easiest thing to try would be to swap the injectors from one side to the other and see if the problem moves to bank 1. If so, I'm sure that Jon would get you another set pronto.
Posted on: 2009/7/30 10:31

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

bogus Re: My 93 lt1 is throwing a fit help
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

That's assuming it's a problem with the injector.

Swapping it from side to side will confirm if the problem follows the injector or if it stays put.

If it stays put, I would suspect the ECM. They do fail, and when they do, they don't always spit out a nice code to read. If one of the drivers is failing, that would be a causation.

Also, check the wiring. Make sure nothing is pinched or melted. If the engine is modified, make sure nothing fell on headers or what not. Be sure to check the wiring at the back of the ECM. Corrosion will really screw things up.
Posted on: 2009/7/30 10:46

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

93Moneypit Re: My 93 lt1 is throwing a fit help
Guru Newb
Santa Cruz Ca
38 Posts

I forgot to say it was doing the same thing with the old injectors it weird sometimes it runs good for 10 miles or so then it runs like crap and it runs pretty good on the freeway at 65 mpa.

I was thinking ECM also with no luck finding one some guy on eBay sold one for $270.00 but he wouldn't say if it was a good one or not i hate to pay that kind of money not knowing.

Thank guys ill take a look at the ECM plugs the wiring looks good maybe i will pull the plastic shielding off and look in there is bank 2 the passenger side thanks.
Posted on: 2009/7/30 11:12

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

yea, good luck with an ECU... they are rare has rare gets.

Call Jason @ Vette2vette.com and tell him I sent ya. If anyone has one, it would be him.

I got my last ECU from Ecklers... that was 5 years ago, tho.

Check the likes of NAPA... I donno, but you never know.
Posted on: 2009/7/30 11:23

Guru Newb
Santa Cruz Ca
38 Posts

Thanks bogus i edited my last post with another question is bank 2 the passenger side thanks.
Posted on: 2009/7/30 11:36

SpectatorRacing Re: My 93 lt1 is throwing a fit help
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

I doubt it is the ECM. I'm not saying that it's impossible, but that it's very unlikely. The ECM's in the 92-93 cars are very robust. I've had a LOT of trouble over the years with my '93 ignition system, and many times I've figured it had to be the computer. And not once was that an issue.

Do you have a heat gun, or can you borrow one? When it's running rough check the heat at each cylinder. I usually point the gun at the header just off the head. This will pinpoint if it's one or two cylinders misfiring (they'll be much colder) or if it's all over the place.

if it's one or two cylinders it's probably an injector, plug or wire. If it's bouncing all over the place then it could be the distributer.

I do have a spare computer. I've kept it for a few years as a troubleshooting tool, but if you can determine that it really is your ECM I might be willing to part with it.

I'd suggest putting your ECM on another car and see if it runs. Easy test. If you don't have access to another '92 or '93 find a Guru member you trust and send it to them for a try...

Good luck, I know how frustrating these ignition problems are.
Posted on: 2009/7/30 13:11

Guru Newb
Santa Cruz Ca
38 Posts

Thanks on the offer of the ECM I'm going to look at the wiring and ill check those temps on my manifolds Ive checked about everything so i might take you up on that ECM if i don't find any thing.

If it runs the same and throws that bank 2 inj fault with your ECM i can send the ECM back to you i can pay pal you for it and if i send it back you can pay pal me back thanks. Craig
Posted on: 2009/7/30 13:40

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Also check the Ignition Control Module. It's located under the coil. If it freaks, weird things can happen.

I am soooo glad I ditched the factory system for the LTCC!!!
Posted on: 2009/7/30 13:43

Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
Also check the Ignition Control Module. It's located under the coil. If it freaks, weird things can happen.

That's a good idea, too. Check the harness first, you should have 12V on the pink wire, ground on the black wire, an alternating voltage between 0 and 4 on the white wire to the ECM, and...I can't remember the 4th wire off the top of my head.
Posted on: 2009/7/30 15:14

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

A former C4 owner, Jet-Jock, had a killer problem with his LT1 doing similar weird things... and the causation was the harness TO the ICM.
Posted on: 2009/7/30 16:18

Matatk Re: My 93 lt1 is throwing a fit help
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22806 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:

Also, check the wiring. Make sure nothing is pinched or melted. If the engine is modified, make sure nothing fell on headers or what not. Be sure to check the wiring at the back of the ECM. Corrosion will really screw things up.

First thing I would check is the wiring and clips to all of the injectors, and then the wiring to/from the ecm. The insulation is known to shrink and expose wires which can cause corrosion and poor connections.

Good luck,

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/7/30 22:07

Guru Newb
Santa Cruz Ca
38 Posts

Well guys that bank 2 inj fault problem that's nowhere in the FSM is fixed replaced the ECM and all is good thanks for the help guys. Craig
Posted on: 2010/1/12 10:24

Matatk Re: My 93 lt1 is throwing a fit help
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22806 Posts

Glad you got it cleared up and thanks for the update!
Posted on: 2010/1/12 12:27

Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Glad you got it working. I'm a little surprised it was the ECM, I'll have to remember this for the next guy having problems.

What did you do with the bad ECM? Since you started this thread I've found a guy that can fix them...right here in my office. I'd like to try and fix it...
Posted on: 2010/1/12 13:38

Guru Newb
Santa Cruz Ca
38 Posts

I have the old ECM the prom in it is not the right one it runs the engine OK but the air pump wont shut off and the a/c wont blow cold air maybe a camaro ecm ? and i switched the cases because it was smashed a little in the rear.
I would like to get the prom programed for a spar for my car can he program proms maybe we could do a trade or something.
Posted on: 2010/1/12 14:56

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.