Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
275 user(s) are online (233 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  St Louis
St Louis, MO, is the location of the Corvette assembly plant from 1954-1981.

Since 1981, Corvettes have been assembled in Bowling Green, KY.
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Thursday Chat 03.04.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, I had told my wife last week that I wanted to start cleaning the basement. We have just tons of cardboard boxes and plastic containers full of crap from old HS/college stuff to baby clothes, holiday decorations, etc. So around 6:30 last night I started. I worked on it for about 4 hours sorting through the crap. Wow there were a lot of junk. Threw out a ton of stuff, a bunch of stuff for the recycle bin, and some more stuff that just got properly reorganized. I don't know why but I just hang on to random crap for years. But even after all that, I'm still not done. There's another good hour I need to spend wrapping everything up. I did find a few little trinkets that I'll be selling on ebay, stuff I don't want anymore that I can make a couple bucks off of. Not too bad. I also decided want to rearrange the basement, so I'll be getting rid of my pool table, too. I've got spring cleaning fever!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/3/4 13:10

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 03.04.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

I need to do that too Matt. Today will be a long one. Tonight is the quarter finals for our b-ball sub-state that we are hosting. I am the official clock keeper so I'll be at the games until they are over this evening, probably 9:30 or so.The weather here has straightened and has been seasonal for the last few days and appears to be more springlike for the next week or so. Maybe I'll have a chance to do a couple tings with the Corvette that I've been wanting to do. I hope that all have a great day.
Posted on: 2010/3/4 13:34

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Thursday Chat 03.04.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Another decent day on tap, we've had quite a string of them and more coming, highs around 40. Now, that probably doesn't sound spectacular, but it is a pleasant change and is providing a nice, orderly melt for the mountain of snow we got over the winter. I swept a big pile of sand out of the garage yesterday, now just have to mop the floor in preparation for bringing the Vette home this weekend.
Posted on: 2010/3/4 13:56

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 03.04.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Ahhh yes. Pool tables. Visions of sitting around the bar, drinking beer and playing pool while watching sporting events with some of your favorite friends.

Fast forward......... Haven't seen my friends in months, don't hang around the man cave as much as I used too. Pool table has been covered for ages and now performs as a staging area for all the new stuff coming in and old stuff going out. But maybe I'll start using it again?

I've been living in my house for 25+ years now. I have amassed a mountain of memories (aka crap). Hundreds of record albums, cassette tapes, vhs tapes, dvd's. books, magazines, clothes, sports memorabilia etc. Stuff for some reason I just can't seem to part with. I used to have a massive beer can collection from when I tried to drink my way around the world but that went to the recycle bin a few years ago. George Carlin said it best. A place to put my stuff.

Posted on: 2010/3/4 14:13

biggrizzly Re: Thursday Chat 03.04.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

I need to do the same. I have been in our house for two years now and still have tons of boxes in the basement with old crap from 15 years ago or more in them.

I need to make room in my basement so I can begin to finish it off and make a room for my pool table I always wanted.

But, I guess two months after I get one, I won't use it any more and then I'll be like Matt and need to get rid of it.
Posted on: 2010/3/4 20:34

bastet44 Re: Thursday Chat 03.04.10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Greetings, Gurus! The day has just flown by!

I bet cleaning out that stuff feels great!

I finally got to a craft project that has been sitting here waiting to be done for almost 4 years. Quite satisfying.

I'm making a Breakfast Casserole for my mom to take to work tomorrow. Apparently it's Administrators Week or something like that, so it's for her bosses.
Posted on: 2010/3/5 1:45

bastet44 Re: Thursday Chat 03.04.10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Word of the Day for Thursday, March 4, 2010

didactic
\dy-DAK-tik; duh-\, adjective:

1. Fitted or intended to teach; conveying instruction; instructive; teaching some moral lesson; as, "didactic essays."
2. Inclined to teach or moralize excessively; moralistic.
Posted on: 2010/3/5 1:45

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat 03.04.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:

I need to make room in my basement so I can begin to finish it off and make a room for my pool table I always wanted.

But, I guess two months after I get one, I won't use it any more and then I'll be like Matt and need to get rid of it.

Buy a used one off craigslist. That's where I'm trying to sell mine. I've gotten a few emails already, nothing concrete.
Posted on: 2010/3/5 3:19

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat 03.04.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:

didactic

Since I was a child I always wanted to be a movie star. I didactic when I was younger, but never made it to the big screen.

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/3/5 3:21

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 03.04.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:

didactic

Didacticually try to find a way to use this word. Tough one.
Posted on: 2010/3/5 12:38

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.