Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
288 user(s) are online (229 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Friday Chat 03.05.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

I keep thinking it's Saturday already. I don't know why. Doesn't matter anyway.

I've had about 6 people email already about the pool table for sale. I called the first guy and he's supposed to come look at it this morning. Seemed interested. Otherwise there are a few other people who I have to email back. I've got a few other trinkets to throw up on ebay, but I'll hold off until later. You usually get a better price if you post it later in the day. That way people can bid when they are home from work

My BIL is sort of down in the dumps because he is not really working right now. He has a job, but there is no work in the construction business. So he's been sitting at home lately. So my wife decided we are gonna take him to Cirque du Soleil: Alegria tonight. It's about 35 minutes from the house and I bought the tickets last night. Here's what pisses me off - tickets, $35. No problems. Facility charge? WTF is that? That's why I bought tickets, I can't watch it outside, can I??? Convenience charge - what is convenient about buying tickets online and still having to pick them up? Order processing charge? Wait, you're serious? AND if I wanted to print the tickets, $2.50 each to print them ON MY OWN PRINTER!!! What a bunch of assholes.
Tickets: 35 x 3
Facility Charge 2 x 3
Convenience Charge 8.20 x 3
Processing fee 4.80
Total - 140.40

Where is Tommy's modern math? How does 35+35+35 = 140.40???

Ugh.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/3/5 13:29

Durango_Boy Re: Friday Chat 03.05.10
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
2583 Posts

Well, my day today will be limited. I had my vasectomy yesterday. Surgery went well, in and out in 15 minutes, and overall not much pain. Very achy like someone has a hold of 'me' and is lightly squeezing...constantly.

I was up early so I started HCF...hope you guys don't mind the selection. LOL.

Other than that I'm on strict orders to be a bum today, stay on my back as much as possible, and watch TV and play video games.
Posted on: 2010/3/5 13:41
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 03.05.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Yeah, all those little "extras" on ticket prices are sickening. Almost as bad as the phone bill.

Glad it's not too uncomfortable, DB - still makes me cringe thinking about it!

Looks like the decent weather should hold out for a few more days, so I hope to hear the sound of a rumbling V8 tomorrow.

Have a great Friday, everyone!
Posted on: 2010/3/5 13:45

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Friday Chat 03.05.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Morning guys. DB I hope that your good there. Mine didn't go that well, was in there for 2 hours, then 30 days later they find that it hadn't "taken" and had to go back in and do it again.......

Weather here is wonderful. Got home after school and let the Corvette down, pulled it out and wiped her down, then drove it to the b-ball games that I worked. I've even driven it to school this morning. More ball games tonight and tomorrow night. I hope to get a little work done in the shop tomorrow.
Posted on: 2010/3/5 14:27

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 03.05.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Pool heater revisited. I got my pressure switch by UPS yesterday afternoon. I was helping my stepson two doors down run a snake through a clogged pipe from the roof vent. My 2 y/o grandson had flushed 1/2 a box of wet wipes down the toilet creating a little jam. After a couple of runs we cleared the pipe an all was back to normal. I came home and installed the new switch. Sonofabitch, it still wouldn't fire up. I disconnected the switch and checked the feeder tube. No pressure. It was too dark to continue so I wrapped it up till this morning. My wife came home from work and said "So, did you get it working?" Me ... Ah, no! I'm not getting any pressure to the switch. I'll work on it tommorrow. At this point she gives me the your not a mechanic and you can't fix shit look. Anyway, I took the vent and access panels off, disconnected the tube from the header and and cleaned it out with a nail. Some rust or some other crap was blocking the tube from getting any water. After reinstalling the new switch that baby fired right up. So, when she comes tonight I can give her that smug " I knew I could fix it without calling the repairman look".
I should be at the race track today but somehow I got wrangled into going to a family birthday party tonight. The race I like runs into the early evening so forget about it. I'll stay home and work on stuff. The IRL season opener is tommorow but that is actually my least favorite of the races this weekend. Have a great day no matter what your doing and a good weekend too.
Posted on: 2010/3/5 17:07

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 03.05.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hahaha - marriage is definitely a series of looks, ain't it!

The Vette is safe at home in the garage. It's no longer a virgin - I vaped in it :-D
Posted on: 2010/3/6 2:09

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

bogus Re: Friday Chat 03.05.10
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I figured out the problem with my lap top... something is amiss internally. When I pick it up by the left side, the wireless dies... so something is whack...

shit... it just quit again.
Posted on: 2010/3/6 2:22

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.