Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
309 user(s) are online (256 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Vette
Shorthand notation for Corvette. See also vert and vertte. Usually preceeded by a "'", as in 'vette....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Livin_the_dream Trans-go Shift Kit- What to expect after
Senior Guru
robesonia , pa
516 Posts

I am looking to see what I can expect as far as shift points(rpms) after putting in the 700 2-3 reprogramming kit. Seems like it has harder shifts all the way around until the fluid warms up. It shifts through all the gears and downshifts like it should. Just not sure how the transmission should perform after the upgrade. Oh and all the response I got on the other forum was that I could chirp the 1-2 shift ...duh .. I knew that.. looking for something to compare to
Posted on: 2010/3/30 1:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pr0zac Re: Trans-go Shift Kit- What to expect after
Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

other then firmer shifts not a whole lot. i would imagine the difference in the size the plate was drilled out to would make the biggest difference.
Posted on: 2010/3/30 23:15

CadillacTech Re: Trans-go Shift Kit- What to expect after
Senior Guru
Indiana
132 Posts

I have installed several of the trans-go kits, and I really like them. It makes the transmission perform better without being obnoxious. The shifts don't get harder until you really open the throttle. Replacing the 2nd servo sealing rings with solid D rings works well.
Posted on: 2010/3/31 0:33

Vetron87 Re: Trans-go Shift Kit- What to expect after
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

I like these trans kits. Put one in my 87 vette and my 89 S10 700R4. It will chirp the tires in 2nd.
Posted on: 2010/3/31 1:12

biggrizzly Re: Trans-go Shift Kit- What to expect after
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

I won one of these Trans-go Kits for the 4L60E last year and have not installed it yet. Can this be done with the tranny still in the car?
Posted on: 2010/3/31 1:41

Livin_the_dream Re: Trans-go Shift Kit- What to expect after
Senior Guru
robesonia , pa
516 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
I won one of these Trans-go Kits for the 4L60E last year and have not installed it yet. Can this be done with the tranny still in the car?

yes and they have a video on transgo's web site.

Thanks for the replys just trying to figure if a higher than normal shift point is the norm MPH wise.
Posted on: 2010/3/31 11:22

X-FIRE Re: Trans-go Shift Kit- What to expect after
Senior Guru
Ohio
104 Posts

just had my transmission serviced and shift kit installed, not sure what shift kit he installed. It shifts much better than before and now is a pleasure to drive...
Posted on: 2010/4/3 18:31

VetteUSA Re: Trans-go Shift Kit- What to expect after
Guru Newb
103 Posts

I couldn't really tell you what the difference feels like between a vette with a shift kit and one without. Mine already had a shift kit when i bought it. shift kit = firmer shifts, in mine WOT will chirp the tires particularly between 1st and 2nd. If my ASR is turned on and i go WOT, it'll kick in between 1st and 2nd, sometimes between 2nd and 3rd, and now that i got my transmission fixed from a huge leak a few weeks ago, it shifts even better now.
Posted on: 2010/4/22 23:21

dan0617 Re: Trans-go Shift Kit- What to expect after
Senior Guru
Tyrone, PA
1260 Posts

Your shift rpms will not change. If you want to change the WOT shift points you need to get a governor recalibration kit from B+M. You can just use the new pins and clips and grind some weight off of the governor's inner weights, or you can use weights supplied with the kit. I bought a double diamond governor (what ours is stock) off ebay for $22.00 and ground it's inner weights and reassembled it with the pins and clips from a B+M kit and it worked fine. The more weight you grind off, the higher the shift.

For part throttle shifts, I tried everything. The only way I got them up was to install a TCI constant pressure valvebody that allows me to set the TV cable wherever I please and won't hurt the trans. I now get 2500 rpm part throttle shifts and 6500 rpm WOT shifts, which is perfect for my setup. With these parts and a little time, you can get your shifts wherever you want them.

If you want your shifts to be even firmer, drain out the fluid and put in B+M trick shift or B+M trick shift synthetic. It lacks the friction modifiers, and that will firm up the shifts even more.

As a side note, on mine, I have the TCI valvebody, then blocked the accumulators, then installed the trick shift fluid. Shifts are lightning fast, which is needed when spraying. I swear I can hear my driveshaft and Ujoints cry a little each time it shifts.
Posted on: 2010/4/26 22:55

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.