Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
291 user(s) are online (222 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Saturday Chat 05.29.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well I got caught up in reading so this is a short little chat. Baby is still sick and puked last night. We'll keep watching her and hope she feels better. Sprinklers are working well so the wife is happy for another week at least. I'm off to work so she's stuck at home alone.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/5/29 11:45

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 05.29.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Those sprinklers are a great time-saver - they're still my wife's favorite thing (I believe I have fallen to 6th or 7th place on her list).

Not much on tap today other than to visit the the cemeteries where my folks and father-in-law are. I need to wash the Vette first, though - making the trip in a dirty car just doesn't seem right.

Have a safe weekend, everybody!
Posted on: 2010/5/29 13:21

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

BillH Re: Saturday Chat 05.29.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Sun's out. I'm headed to the AutoX to do some Tech stuff and take pics. They're having a BBQ after the runs. Gonna be a good day.
Posted on: 2010/5/29 13:53

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

A man wakes up in the hospital bandaged from head to foot.

The doctor comes in and says, "Ah, I see you've regained consciousness. Now you probably won't remember, but you were in a huge pile-up on the freeway. You're going to be ok, you'll walk again and everything, but your penis was severed in the accident and we couldn't find it."

The man groans, but the doctor goes on, "You've got $9000 in insurance compensation coming and we now have the technology to build a new penis. They work great but they don't come cheap. It's roughly $1000 an inch."

The man perks up. "So," the doctor says, "You must decide how many inches you want. But I understand that you have been married for over thirty years and this is something you should discuss with your wife. If you had a five incher before and get a nine incher now she might be a bit put out. If you had a nine incher before and you decide to only invest in a five incher now, she might be disappointed. It's important that she plays a role in helping you make a decision."

The man agrees to talk it over with his wife. The doctor comes back the next day, "So, have you spoken with your wife?"

"Yes I have," says the man.

"And has she helped you make a decision?"

"Yes" says the man.

"What is your decision?" asks the doctor.

"We're getting granite countertops."
Posted on: 2010/5/29 17:19

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 05.29.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

Well I got caught up in reading so this is a short little chat. Baby is still sick and puked last night. We'll keep watching her and hope she feels better. Sprinklers are working well so the wife is happy for another week at least. I'm off to work so she's stuck at home alone.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

Now you know why so many guys sign up for the overtime desired list.

Quote:
Brad wrote:

"What is your decision?" asks the doctor.

"We're getting granite countertops."

Well at least they'll get more use than his .......

nevermind.
Posted on: 2010/5/29 20:41

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I subbed for my wife today while she went up visiting with my family. We were both going to go this weekend but since I was just there last weekend I saw no point and listening to the same $#!+ all over again. I have about 22 hours free. Whoo Hoo! Last night between phone calls from my MIL. ex-MIL, wife, mother, and my son stopping by to spend the evening, this is my first real break. Sadly, I'm tired and feel like napping but I'm gonna hang tough and as Brad might say, go put a dent in the couch. I'll go find a couple of bowls and fill them with chips and other stuff and eat snacks and drink sodas knowing I won't be hearing any distant calls from across the house.

That's what I'm talkin about. I'm kicking up the feet and gonna have a one man party.

Posted on: 2010/5/29 21:00

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Tommy, you really need one of these - it's one of my favorite things, and even my oldest son stops by to take a ride once in a while:

http://www.ijoy.com/
Posted on: 2010/5/29 21:45

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 05.29.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

I've been busy today, the youngest daughter, husband and 2 kids got in last night about 12:30am. Went to bed and then we got up early 7am because the oldest daughter and three girls were going home today. Middle daughter spent the first night here as a regular. So it's been a busy place. The youngest says that she needs the oil changed in their car and that they couldn't do it because they rounded off the plug. So we take it up to school where I have to get a torch to heat up the plug to get the plug out. Looks like the last one to change the oil used Loctite on the threads....freaking idiots. I have a new plug and put it in....without Loctite. While there I go ahead and rotate the tires too. When we get home I decide to wash the car for them and break out the polisher and polish and then wax and vacuum it for them. It's been a long day.
Posted on: 2010/5/29 21:57

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Tommy, you really need one of these - it's one of my favorite things, and even my oldest son stops by to take a ride once in a while:

http://www.ijoy.com/

That model looks like she has a sneeze face on.
Posted on: 2010/5/29 22:53

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
I've been busy today, the youngest daughter, husband and 2 kids got in last night about 12:30am. Went to bed and then we got up early 7am because the oldest daughter and three girls were going home today. Middle daughter spent the first night here as a regular. So it's been a busy place. The youngest says that she needs the oil changed in their car and that they couldn't do it because they rounded off the plug. So we take it up to school where I have to get a torch to heat up the plug to get the plug out. Looks like the last one to change the oil used Loctite on the threads....freaking idiots. I have a new plug and put it in....without Loctite. While there I go ahead and rotate the tires too. When we get home I decide to wash the car for them and break out the polisher and polish and then wax and vacuum it for them. It's been a long day.

Hey Tom, I need help with my oil change too. Can ya hook me up? No need to put away the buffer.
Posted on: 2010/5/29 22:57

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.