Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
286 user(s) are online (249 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  SBC
This stands for Small Block Chevrolet. The engine debuted in 1955 and remained largely unchanged until 1986. The initials are still used today to d...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Don't try to run from this cop car.
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Posted on: 2012/6/28 15:07

TommyT-Bone Re: Don't try to run from this cop car.
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I totally agree with the person that complained about keeping it. The Vette could be better used for revenue generation. Auction it off to the highest bidder. Win-win. County gets the money and somebody gets a ZR1 to play with.
Posted on: 2012/6/28 16:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

RickAnthony Re: Don't try to run from this cop car.
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Cool.
Posted on: 2012/6/28 18:17
Edited by Matatk on 2012/6/28 20:32:39
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

1Fast04Vert Re: Don't try to run from this cop car.
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Hope that isn't Clayton County in Georgia. Constantly in the news for killings, robberies, and about everything else that you can think of. A Corvette is the very last thing they would need.

Oh Crap, just read the article and it is here in Georgia. I bet the only one that drives it is the sheriff and that he takes it home every night. What a bunch of BS.
Posted on: 2012/6/28 18:35

Calm Re: Don't try to run from this cop car.
Senior Guru
Vancouver, Canada
608 Posts

http://www.abbynews.com/news/116772304.html

The Abbotsford Police Department (APD) is taking its anti-gang messaging on the road – literally.
The APD unveiled its newest project today in its battle to turn young people away from the gang lifestyle. Operation Reclamation involved transforming a sand-coloured 2004 Hummer H2 into a vehicle sporting the APD's black-and-white theme, police lights, and a "skin" of graphics and messages...........

http://www.google.ca/url?url=http://w ... rTeTdo9Q79Q8Jl9z6-0NHXj3g

I think it's a great thing they're doing. They'll use the hummer for events, including going from school to school with their messages of anti-drugs and anti-gangs. My neighbour is asst. police chief and he often brings that hummer home.
Posted on: 2012/6/29 1:02

TommyT-Bone Re: Don't try to run from this cop car.
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Oh ya! Messages stopped me from doing bad stuff till I was at least 11 years old. Now, how do you stop it from 11 to 20? Bad boys will be bad. Good boys will be good. Remember Scared Straight? Best deterent. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Quit early realease to ease overcrowding. Those prisons with no A/C aor TV or tent cities where you are exposed to the elements would deter me from wanting to end up in "college". The juvenile sytem has to be revamped and no clean slate at 18. Make an example of the hoods in the hood. Cleaning up the projects, painting and general tasks in full view of their peers where they would be held up to public ridicule would be beneficial. Not a friggin ZR1, Hummer or other vehicle. Put the message on the offenders. If safety is an issue, bring more firepower. One other thing. Don't jail non violent offenders. Work details. Possession of drugs? Work detail.
Strret level drug sales. Work detail. Theft? Work detail and restitution We have plenty of work that needs to be done and a vast resource of people who are willing to do it. Well maybe not willing, but sentenced. No work, no credit. Jerk off doesn't want to work his sentence off, no time gained. Hugs not drugs. Counselling available while pushing a broom.
Posted on: 2012/6/29 2:40

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.