Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
277 user(s) are online (248 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Andrew Jeepin' Fun
2013 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Jefferson City, MO
447 Posts

I thought ya'll would like to see some off roading fun that I got to enjoy over the weekend. The steel blue TJ is mine, the green JK is a friends. My mods are 4.5 inch lift, 33's, Aussie locker's, Ford 8.8 rear axle (trashed the D35), Artec 8.8 truss system, disc brake swap (was drums), and 4.10's.

By they way, DB had a hand in the Ford 8.8 swap. Anyway, I'm happy with the results and not having to worry about breaking the rear.

Posted on: 2012/10/29 2:14

Sold - 1996 Competition Yellow LT4 - DRM 383, NX N2O, Line Lock, LT Headers, 3" stainless exhaust, Power Effects, and many more mods

SOLD 1996 Competition Yellow LT4
SOLD 1979 4 Speed with 383
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Jeepin' Fun
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Looks like fun! I have a few friends in to the jeep/ offroad truck scene but I've never been. Rick and I enjoy mudding on his quads when we get the chance, though.

How long have you been in to the off road stuff?
Posted on: 2012/10/29 2:25

Ultraman Re: Jeepin' Fun
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Pretty cool...I have always liked Jeeps and had a 97 Wrangler for awhile....good pics...
Posted on: 2012/10/29 2:37

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Andrew Re: Jeepin' Fun
Jefferson City, MO
447 Posts

A few years. I'm into rock crawling more than the bogging. It is a blast and amazing where Jeeps can go, especially with lockers. If you have never tried this, you gotta at least ride along. Most thrilling time driving under 5 mph!

DB, I may have found a LS6, very cheap. Want to guess where I'm headed with this.....
Posted on: 2012/10/29 2:38

Sold - 1996 Competition Yellow LT4 - DRM 383, NX N2O, Line Lock, LT Headers, 3" stainless exhaust, Power Effects, and many more mods

TommyT-Bone Re: Jeepin' Fun
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Amazing stuff. Using an Off Road vehicle off road.
Posted on: 2012/10/29 11:34

Durango_Boy Re: Jeepin' Fun
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
2583 Posts

Quote:

Andrew wrote:
A few years. I'm into rock crawling more than the bogging. It is a blast and amazing where Jeeps can go, especially with lockers. If you have never tried this, you gotta at least ride along. Most thrilling time driving under 5 mph!

DB, I may have found a LS6, very cheap. Want to guess where I'm headed with this.....

That's great news. Get the engine, plan and plot your details, and we'll get that swap done. You'll love the difference in power.

Looks like you had a great time with the other Jeep.
Posted on: 2012/10/29 11:37

pianoguy Re: Jeepin' Fun
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Great pics - looks like you had a ball!
Posted on: 2012/10/30 18:16

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

bogus Re: Jeepin' Fun
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

sounds like you need to start buying things from my new employer... 4WheelParts.com

Posted on: 2012/11/17 21:48

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Jefferson City, MO
447 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
sounds like you need to start buying things from my new employer... 4WheelParts.com

Cool, I've purchased a few things from them. Do you have a good, inexpensive front sway bar quick disconnect for a 4-5 inch lift? I'm getting sick of cutting bolts off!!

I'm headed to Southwest Missouri Off Road Ranch this Friday while the wife is out fighting the crowds. It is just under 1k acres with many, many trails, up to level 5. Should be a great day. I'll certainly keep you in mind if anything breaks!
Posted on: 2012/11/20 4:25

Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
2583 Posts

Quote:

Andrew wrote:
Quote:

bogus wrote:

Cool, I've purchased a few things from them. Do you have a good, inexpensive front sway bar quick disconnect for a 4-5 inch lift? I'm getting sick of cutting bolts off!!

I'm headed to Southwest Missouri Off Road Ranch this Friday while the wife is out fighting the crowds. It is just under 1k acres with many, many trails, up to level 5. Should be a great day. I'll certainly keep you in mind if anything breaks!

Brought an engine home yet? Let me know, if not, when you find one. We'll schedule a day to go get it together.
Posted on: 2012/11/20 12:52

Jefferson City, MO
447 Posts

Quote:

Durango_Boy wrote:
Quote:

Andrew wrote:
Quote:

bogus wrote:

Brought an engine home yet? Let me know, if not, when you find one. We'll schedule a day to go get it together.

Not yet, the guy that told me about the LS6 has not come through, which really didn't suprise me much. Picking up a 5.3 or 6.0 is very easy and a dime a dozen, so it really gets down to when I can make the time...

I'm heading to SMORR on Friday, you want to go? It would be an entire day event.
Posted on: 2012/11/20 14:46

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

Andrew wrote:
Quote:

bogus wrote:

I honestly don't know... I haven't learned the catalog yet!

Posted on: 2012/11/20 20:51

Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
2583 Posts

Quote:

Andrew wrote:
I'm heading to SMORR on Friday, you want to go? It would be an entire day event.

I would but we're out of town for the holiday weekend.
Posted on: 2012/11/20 22:23

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Hey Andrew -

We do sell quick release... one is by JKS, real nice, adjustable and all. $160. If you just want quick release, about half that.
Posted on: 2012/11/20 22:58

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.