Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
188 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Callaway
A builder of special edition Corvettes.

Very valuable, some exceed 6-figures.

Most notable is the B2K, 1987-1991....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

vetteblondie Herbicide question...
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4658 Posts

I have been given a 3-gallon jug of Roundup PowerMax, says a group 9 herbicide, cropshield - specially formulated for Roundup ready crops and all that, label says not to sell this container for residential use...
Ok, but I have it and got weeds to kill, so what's a good mix ratio for this stuff? I have approximately a two gallon spray container...
Posted on: 2013/10/9 1:52

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

istter1 Re: Herbicide question...
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

2oz per gallon not a problem with 1/2oz more
Posted on: 2013/10/9 2:16

vetteblondie Re: Herbicide question...
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4658 Posts

2 oz of that stuff per gallon of water? That all it takes? Wow - that must be some powerful stuff!
Thanks
Posted on: 2013/10/9 18:09

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Herbicide question...
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33768 Posts

They call it Round Up but it should be called Round Down. It is some powerful stuff but I like my mix little hot. I accidently put in a little extra (note: I said a little extra). I don't usually see the full results for 5 to 7 days. It is particularly effective on broad leaf weeds. Not sure of the product you picked up but I'm pretty sure the active ingredients is the same. Our resident soil and seed man should have some insight into this. Science has developed some Round Up resistant crops, so you can kill the weeds and not the crop. Not sure I want to be eating those but I probably have.
Posted on: 2013/10/9 18:21

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4658 Posts

This is what he brought me.

Attach file:

jpg  roundup.jpg (115.68 KB)
619_5255b25c1c147.jpg 576X768 px
Posted on: 2013/10/9 19:45

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Herbicide question...
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14756 Posts

Letty it is ok to use it. We charge about 25 or 26 dollars per gal for it and sell it in 250 gal containers. It is normally applied at 22 oz mixed with 10 gals of water on Roundup Ready crops such as corn and soybeans....it kills the weeds but not the crop due to messing with the crops genetics.....so what istter said is right, about 2 oz per 1 gal or 3 oz if the weeds are bigger.....do not let it drift on the flowers or they will surely die......
Posted on: 2013/10/9 22:23

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

istter1 Re: Herbicide question...
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Ya you have a 100 year supply

Steve
Posted on: 2013/10/9 23:17

GRIS Re: Herbicide question...
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7677 Posts

IF YOU'RE AFTER SOMETHING TOUGH, LIKE POISON IVY OR HONEYSUCKLE YOU'LL WANT TO USE A STRONG MIX.
Posted on: 2013/10/10 0:23

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4658 Posts

A guy at work told me to use a soda can full in a two gallon sprayer... eeek.... I read the label too, says not to even eat or smoke after use till you wash up good. Don't get near water or spray into a drift unless you want to kill whatever it hits. Dayum... I want the poison stuff off the back fence that got me recently as well as the weeds and stuff that won't vacate the chat in the driveway... I can take it to the shop and use it up there on the chat area out back too. Still figure I have about a 100 year supply for no more than I needed lol....
I saw a 2.5 gallon jug of this stuff at Tractor Supply here, not sure if it was the same stuff or not, that was like $80 - this is a 3 gallon one but says it's not for sale for residential use. Not sure what the difference is. Packaging?
Posted on: 2013/10/10 1:53

Resized Image

Huskerland
14756 Posts

80 divided by 2.5 is going to be about 32 bucks a gallon which isn't bad for full retail. I have never seen a 3 gal. jug. We have 2 2.5's or 5 gals. in a box or you can buy bulk.

It is like any chemical, you don't want to take a bath in it but it is not a restricted product like some of the insecticides are....wear long sleaves and some rubber gloves to keep it off you. Spray when its calm out and it will do its job better if the weeds are activly growing. That way they take the herbicide in and distribute it throughout the plant and thus getting a good kill on it.

We are dealing with a larger amount of weeds that are becoming resistant to round up and it is a big concern out here. We have been using up to 48 oz per acre and still not killing the weeds we are after. So we have to mix in another type of chemical to get another mode of action going to help kill the weed......just thought you should know all this....
Posted on: 2013/10/10 23:30

pianoguy Re: Herbicide question...
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

And here I thought herbicide was when you've had too much herb.

Resized Image
Posted on: 2013/10/11 0:43

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4658 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
We are dealing with a larger amount of weeds that are becoming resistant to round up and it is a big concern out here. We have been using up to 48 oz per acre and still not killing the weeds we are after. So we have to mix in another type of chemical to get another mode of action going to help kill the weed......just thought you should know all this....

Believe it or not, I actually was interested enough that I read up on all that, the difference between mixing with water and using a different type for tank mixing due to weed resistance, etc. I was really bored at work for a while today - I learned all about that sort of stuff..
Problem is, now I'm kinda freaked out about the shit I eat from the grocery store LOL...
Posted on: 2013/10/11 1:26

Resized Image

Huskerland
14756 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Believe it or not, I actually was interested enough that I read up on all that, the difference between mixing with water and using a different type for tank mixing due to weed resistance, etc. I was really bored at work for a while today - I learned all about that sort of stuff..
Problem is, now I'm kinda freaked out about the shit I eat from the grocery store LOL...

The Gubermint has a lot of restrictions on chems used on food sources in this country. All bets are off on the stuff we get in from Mexico and other South American countries...get a good spray bottle of organic veggie wash and that will take off anything on the surface of the veggies. There is very little evidence of the chems getting into the plants fruit its all on the outside and can be washed.

Insecticides are the main concern since the bugs can take out a million dollar crop in a day or two....but even those are more user friendly then they used to be because of govt. regs....

All fruits and veggie are now required to have the country of origin on them....so you can see where the stuff was grown and maybe select accordingly......
Posted on: 2013/10/11 13:08

GRIS Re: Herbicide question...
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7677 Posts

[quote]
vetteblondie wrote:
A guy at work told me to use a soda can full in a two gallon sprayer... eeek.... I read the label too, says not to even eat or smoke after use till you wash up good. Don't get near water or spray into a drift unless you want to kill whatever it hits. Dayum... I want the poison stuff off the back fence that got me recently as well as the weeds and stuff that won't vacate the chat in the driveway... I can take it to the shop and use it up there on the chat area out back too. Still figure

ABOUT 8 OZ IN A TWO GAL SPRAYER IS WHAT I USE AROUND THE PLACE. THIS IS, I THINK, A GENERIC VARIETY ROUNDUP. SURE DEATH ON POISON IVY. IN WATER I BELIEVE IT WILL KILL AQUATIC PLANTS. AND DON'T SPRAY ON A WINDY DAY, OR GOD KNOWS WHAT ALL YOU WILL KILL. TAKES A WEEK OR SO FOR STUFF TO DIE.

Posted on: 2013/10/11 17:11

TommyT-Bone Re: Herbicide question...
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33768 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
And here I thought herbicide was when you've had too much herb.

Resized Image

I do not think that is possible.
Posted on: 2013/10/11 17:14

bogus Re: Herbicide question...
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

that's some serious shit... I have no clue where to start... just handle it like nuclear waste and you should be ok.

Posted on: 2013/10/11 18:58

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4658 Posts

I put myself some in a gallon jug and left the rest at the shop. He can use it on the chat area out behind the shop where it's getting out of hand, and he can use it on their driveway and stuff at their house. Figure I have all I'll need for a while.

wait.....

were you referring to the 'herb'???
Posted on: 2013/10/12 2:00

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.