Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
316 user(s) are online (257 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Aluminum Powerglide
Automatic Transmission - 2 Speed

1st Gear: 1.76/1.82
2nd Gear: 1.00

- Used in production GM models from 1962 thru 1972.
- 14 Bolt Pan.
- Vac...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Crazy8 New Here
Senior Guru
Lake Worth, FL
125 Posts

Hey All,
Not new to Corvettes, on my 3rd one now (86 Coupe). I've owned a 93 Coupe (went by the screen name: Whitvette93 on the CF, back then). When I moved from my 93 to the 01 Z06, my screen name changed again to QuikZilver (haven't changed it...still this on the CF). Back in August, I traded my beloved Z06 in on a 2007 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T (# 981 of 1400 Plum Crazys), due to my wife and I getting ready to adopt a child from the State of Florida. This has been put on hold, due to an accident that claimed the lives of my parents and my wife's parents (they became best friends after we were married, my parents moved up to NC and lived less than a mile from my wife's parents). My wife and I are trying to put our lives back together after this immense shock. At the start of this year, a fellow Charger owner tipped me off on an 86 Coupe that his father-in-law wanted to sell. Price was right... $ 3,800. Interior is garbage, but I already have a lot pulled out and am starting to replace the ugly blue (sorry, if you have blue interior, but it just isn't my taste) and replace with black and red. It is going to be going into a performance shop at the end of February for a complete overhaul. I was going to shoot for 10's in the quarter, but after test fitting the seats I am putting in, I don't have room for the cage required to run that low. New goal will be 11.6. This is about as fast as I can run without a cage. My Daytona R/T will be coming off the track and used as a daily driver as soon as my Vette is done. I race out at Moroso Motorsports Park in the Mopar Challenge and will be back in the Corvette Challenge soon.
Here are some pictures of my new 86 Vette:
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Posted on: 2008/1/25 16:18
2007 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T - Plum Crazy #981 of 1400
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Notorious RE:New Here
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Welcome to the forum. My deepest condolences on your immense loss.
Sounds as if you have some great plans for the car. I don't blame you for changing the interior color, especially as long as you're replacing it all anyway. I's very pleased that I found a polo coupe with a black interior. It's always been my favorite color for inside a car.
Posted on: 2008/1/25 16:22

CSS996 RE:New Here
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Welcome to C4 Guru.

Wow, that is a tragic loss, my friend. My prayers to you and your wife to get through it.

Glad you found your way back into a C4, and also found your way here!
Posted on: 2008/1/25 16:22

CentralCoaster RE:New Here
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Welcome, I can't wait to see your build progress.

Interior looks fine from here, just a carpet cleaning and throw the seats in the garbage and you're done.

Check out Jer on the other forum for his tach install, I assume you're going to keep the interior intact?
Posted on: 2008/1/25 16:24

Crazy8 RE:New Here
Senior Guru
Lake Worth, FL
125 Posts

Thank you all for your condolences. It is something you never think can happen to you. I have fond memories of my father and I restoring his 78 Corvette. Last night, when I started tearing into the interior some, it reminded me of helping my father out. I know he is there helping me.

As for the interior, I am going to keep it "factory", other than the seats. Carpets will all be flame red and all plastic trim pieces will be black. The motor is going to be stroked to a 383, performance heads, exhaust, etc. will be done to it. The transmission will be blueprinted. Suspension and brakes will be upgraded as well. I lucked out with this one...already has a Dana 44 in the rear. Just need a better gear ratio. For wheels, my wife has decided that we are going to get C6 Z06 Motorsports black rims....and an extra pair for the drag slicks. It is going to be a fun project! I am already hoping to have the interior done by the Super Bowl.
Now to decide what to do with my 86 Monte Carlo SS. Already dumped a bunch into it. Now, where I race, they are starting a GM Challenge, so I could run it with the Vette. But, my driveway is a little full with 3 cars and the Vette in the garage. I guess, once I have the Vette done, I'll make a decision on the Monte.
Posted on: 2008/1/25 17:00

toptechx6 RE:New Here
Senior Guru
south Florida
362 Posts

Welcome to the forum, you will likely recognize a lot of names from CF, changes there prompted a recent exodus.
My sincere condolences on your loss, will keep you in my prayers.
Looks like we are neighbors in the real world, hope to get to meet you and see that new ride one of these days.
Posted on: 2008/1/25 17:20

Senior Guru
Lake Worth, FL
125 Posts

Quote:
Welcome to the forum, you will likely recognize a lot of names from CF, changes there prompted a recent exodus.
Looks like we are neighbors in the real world, hope to get to meet you and see that new ride one of these days.

Yep...I'm up in Lacuna Golf & Country Club off of Lantana Road. Do you ever take your Vette out to Moroso? The people that race out there in the Corvette Challenge are a great group. Next race is Feb 16th. Gates open at 4:30pm. Everyone tries to get there by 5:00pm to be tech'ed in. It is bracket racing, so you only need to drive as hard as you want to.
:thumbleft:
Posted on: 2008/1/25 17:24

toptechx6 RE:New Here
Senior Guru
south Florida
362 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

Yep...I'm up in Lacuna Golf & Country Club off of Lantana Road. Do you ever take your Vette out to Moroso? The people that race out there in the Corvette Challenge are a great group. Next race is Feb 16th. Gates open at 4:30pm. Everyone tries to get there by 5:00pm to be tech'ed in. It is bracket racing, so you only need to drive as hard as you want to.
:thumbleft:

Did my drag racing in my youth when it was all heads up, lost interest when bracket racing took over. I certainly understand it has its own set of challenges and required skill set, just not for me. I may run up there some Friday to watch, never lost interest in that part.
I'm just west of 95 on High Ridge Rd. about a half mile south of Hypoluxo. I've got a decent shop if you ever need a place to work, PM me for the address.
Posted on: 2008/1/25 17:43

bastet44 RE:New Here
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Welcome, and thanks for joining us here!
Posted on: 2008/1/25 17:45

j3studio RE:New Here
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Welcome!

Posted on: 2008/2/1 1:34

bogus RE:New Here
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Great to see you back! That's just great!

I love the look of the 86... the nicest $3800 vette I have ever seen!

It is so very sad to hear about you and your wifes loss. That is so freaky and just utterly tragic. wow.
Posted on: 2008/2/1 6:20

Senior Guru
Lake Worth, FL
125 Posts

Thanks. Right now, we are dealing with the DA in Wilkes County, NC. The truck driver is being charged with 4 misdimeanor counts of Death by Motor Vehicle, Wreckless Driving and Speeding (was doing 60 mph in a 30 mph zone for trucks). We are trying to get the charges increased to a Felony of some sort. The driver had no insurance on his truck or the cargo (both were revoked last year). We are also trying to locate who he was hauling for (trucker was an independant), because the company that hired him needs to be held accountable. They must never have checked on his insurance. I pulled it up on the DOT site, and it showed his truck insurance cancelled on 2/20/07 and cargo insurance cancelled on 4/07.

As for the Vette, I have boxes of parts sitting in the garage. Half of the dash is torn out, need to remove the seats and some other trim and yank out the carpet. Hope to be able to spend the whole weekend on it. Anyone want to help? :thumbright:
Posted on: 2008/2/1 14:21

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.