Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
323 user(s) are online (296 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ABS
Antilock Braking System.

Standard on all C4s starting in 1986....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Mundane Chat again. 03.07.22
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Hello!
Posted on: 2022/3/7 14:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Mundane Chat again. 03.07.22
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Here is a little vacation story from my neighbor, Mark. He's not your typical American male.

"OK, this is too good not to share while I'm having a siesta. Apparently I have a Mexican name here!!!🤣 I've been coming to this kinda isolated little town for a few years and there's not much to do but eat and drink so I spend most days ambling around the desert, often following migrant trails and occasionally encountering/surprising small groups in dense brush or sandy shaded alcoves. They are not used to seeing white people in these places and always suspicious but generally friendly and curious once I greet them in Spanish with a smile. Often we end up talking for awhile. To back up a bit, at most I wear sandals but if not to much mesquite and the sand isn't unbearably hot, I usually hang them on my belt. I also hike with a stout branch. A stick or snake hook is standard for me no matter where I hike but it does have a dual purpose if ever needed... once upon a time I did train for a couple years with the Japanese staff and though certainly no longer proficient, should things go poorly, I would prefer it any day to a knife. In Aikido we trained extensively for knife fights but as my sensei hammered into us, "you will get cut, expect to get cut, we train so you only get cut once"... I'd rather not. The staff is not aggressive or intimidating and other than hand placement, the defensive ready position looks just as casual as holding a walking stick...but I digress: As I was walking down a dirt track after several miles and on the way back to town this afternoon, I passed a couple older gentleman having a beer by their makeshift shack. They eyed me suspiciously and we exchanged "buenas tardes". I got maybe 30 feet past them and one hollers out in perfect English "Hey, are you Moses?" I turned toward the distant river on my shoeless feet, raised my "staff" with a laugh saying "sure, would you like me to part the river and wall for you?". They laughed then he said again without a hint of sarcasm, "no really, are you Moses?" I didn't know what to say but he seemed insistant and sincere. "Ha, no, my name is Mark and I'm old but not that old!" They asked if I had been here before and I confirmed I had several times. They went on to tell me that people in the area often talk about "Moses" a bearded shoeless gringo that walks the migrant trails carrying a staff...we had one helluva laugh and shared a warm beer...plenty of problems here and yes, plenty of bad people like anywhere else...but I fucking love Mexico!!!! I shall wear my biblical namesake proudly!"
Posted on: 2022/3/7 14:02

GRIS Re: Mundane Chat again. 03.07.22
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7643 Posts

WET, CLOUDY, 32 DEGREES, BREEZY, RAIN OVER FOR A WHILE. NOT A CHEERY DAY IN THE NATIONS.

AUTO ROTATION DAY, HARVEY UP. I'LL GO OVER TO MUSKOGEE AND PING ON AT%T ABOUT THE REPLACEMENT PHONE---AGAIN :-|

KEEP UP THE FIRE, AMIGOS.

Attach file:

jpg  FOOCHI.jpg (59.16 KB)
12496_62261478b7c9e.jpg 483X480 px
Posted on: 2022/3/7 14:19

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Animal training if Matt were to volunteer at the zoo.

Posted on: 2022/3/7 14:24

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I didn't post much over the past week so today I guess I'm full of it. Sue just met me at the front gate and was talking to me with the diesel running. What I heard. Pick sa sea de metta wop. Kin see. (Me: blank stare). What I hear when she asks me a question. Ronap mass de buddle raz? (Me: What?) Think it's time I considered hearing aids. I said consider, not get.
Posted on: 2022/3/7 14:43

GRIS Re: Mundane Chat again. 03.07.22
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7643 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I didn't post much over the past week so today I guess I'm full of it. Sue just met me at the front gate and was talking to me with the diesel running. What I heard. Pick sa sea de metta wop. Kin see. (Me: blank stare). What I hear when she asks me a question. Ronap mass de buddle raz? (Me: What?) Think it's time I considered hearing aids. I said consider, not get.

GOOD THING ABOUT HEARING AIDS: YOU CAN TURN THEM OFF :-)

JUST TOPPED THE TOMATO WITH $4 BIDEN GAS. I READ WHERE HE WOULD RATHER KISS THE ARAB ASS THAN INCREASE AMERICAN PRODUCTION.

WORDS FAIL ME, NON-PROFANE WORDS THAT IS.

Attach file:

jpg  BIDEN.jpg (38.87 KB)
12496_62264b179f848.jpg 625X447 px
Posted on: 2022/3/7 18:08

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Mundane Chat again. 03.07.22
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14738 Posts

they are saying oil could hit $200 bucks a barrel..... would that be like 7.00 fuel? we are sitting on a gold mine of oil and the dumbasses won't go get it.... how are we going to get these guys outa there? I don't think we can afford to wait 3 more years....

sunshine and cold here today...some snow last night... got the Grand Sport listed online but no calls yet.... see how it goes.... have a very cool day Guru's
Posted on: 2022/3/7 19:34

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Mundane Chat again. 03.07.22
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Hey guys, up early and off to church. Then run some errands, cash, pay a couple bills and then a stop to pick up our tax return.....not good news there ... a a BIG check owed to the Feds and another BIG one (about 1/2 the Fed) owed to the State.

The rest of the day was spent in the shop.

What are you thinking, Marc? ZR1? You keep saying the C6 is the best looking Corvette.
Posted on: 2022/3/8 1:15

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Mundane Chat again. 03.07.22
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Good evening - where has my days off gone? Seems I was just in here yesterday, but it was thursday. Ran all over Friday, saturday the neighbor and his loud mower woke us up, Arron got mad and decided we were taking a day trip to flea market. Sunday, he worked out of town and I done some cleaning in the house all day. Still not done. Today, errands, doc appt and then Oneta was put back in the hospital. This is wearing on me and I"m sure it is her, too. I planned to come home and finish cleaning after doc appt but my 2pm appt was over at 4:30 with all of it in the waiting room.
I think I need to go find Moses and share a beer with that dood.
Posted on: 2022/3/8 1:51

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.