Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
213 user(s) are online (175 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60E
Automatic Transmission - 4 Speed

1st Gear: 3.06
2nd Gear: 1.62
3rd Gear: 1.00
4th Gear: 0.70

Reverse: 2.29

- Used in production GM models...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 3 OCTOBER 2023
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7660 Posts

OCTOBER'S CHILD IS BORN TO WOE
AND LIFE'S VICISITUDES MUST KNOW;
BUT PUT AN OPAL ON HER BREAST,
AND HOPE WILL LAY THE WOE TO REST.
Posted on: 2023/10/3 13:05

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 3 OCTOBER 2023
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7660 Posts

SEMI-SUNNY AND 70 THIS MORNING, SLIGHT BREEZE, 86 THE PREDICTED HIGH.

GOING TO THE DENTIST TO GET MY FANGS SCRAPED; THAT'S ALWAYS SUCH FUN---

SUPPOSED TO RAIN TONIGHT AND TURN COLD AFTER. WINTER IS COMING, TO COIN A PHRASE :-)

IMMER VORWART, HERRENFOLK!
Posted on: 2023/10/3 13:54

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: 3 OCTOBER 2023
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

why does it seem like the winters last forever and summer is gone in a second..... they mysteries of life.... on the other side we do not have a lot of homeless folks.... to cold you know..... Kalifornia is the place you aught to be.....so we loaded up some buses and sent them to Beverly...Hills that is, swimming pools and movie stars......

back slaving over a hot computer today getting some reports done..... don't worry I am fortunate to be able to do what I like..... we must stay strong Guru's..... and keep advancing....
Posted on: 2023/10/3 15:18

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: 3 OCTOBER 2023
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I laugh every time I read about the immigrant crisis in Massachussetts, New York and other so called safe havens for immigrants. WTF? Texas, Florida and Cali have been dealing with the illegal immigrants for decades. There are 50 states . All should share the abomination of not dealing with secure borders. Since Mexico is now one of our preferred trading partners there should be plenty of jobs there for those seeking the opportunity. The head in the sand approach has not worked in the past and will not work in the future. As far as homelessness for Americans. Regulating where and what type of housing is allowed really needs to be updated. Tiny homes and villages face constant opposition and legislation to prevent affordable housing to the homeless. The sheer numbers of mentally ill, many housed in prisons at great expense, and the kicking the can down the road approach will do nothing to improve the homeless situation. The middle class took a beating over the past 3 decades and continues to decline with wages not keeping up with inflation. There are answers. There are questions. ..... If elected ...... I mean ..... In my opinion, serious isues have to be addressed and not just acknowledged. In the mean time I'll keep my firearms handy. Maybe an unaborted fetus will come up with an answer in the future.

Thanks for the inspiration, guys.
Posted on: 2023/10/3 16:21

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I got called to the nursery to perforn tech support on an errant printer. Went through all the steps. Nothing seemed to work till I noticed none of the test had black ink. Changed the black ink cartridge and Voila!. Printer back in action. Simple fix that took longer to find than it should have. Display showed no issues with ink. Sue had a woman customer with her two boys aged around 5 and 7. As they were walking around the nursery Sue inquired about the children and the lady said. They're alright. They won't get into any trouble. About 30 seconds later the young boy knocks a stone table top off it's base. He remains standing there balancing it. Then just lets it go and the entire weight of the top falls on his leg. Screams erupt. They loadeed the kid into the Yukon they were in, disonnected the trailer they had and off to get some medical attention. Nice aluminum trailer by the way. Let's see what develops from that. Fortunately we do have liability insurance but you can't fix stupid. Alrighty then. On with the day ......

Attach file:

jpg  Life is hard.jpg (18.14 KB)
852_651c467879a8f.jpg 500X281 px
Posted on: 2023/10/3 16:32
Edited by TommyT-Bone on 2023/10/3 16:51:10

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

This is how my meager stock portfolio looks after the past several weeks. I am heavily invested in hydrogen, energy and utilities. Talk about taking a beating. OUCH!

Attach file:

jpg  lump on head.jpg (84.02 KB)
852_651c4903aea28.jpg 900X820 px
Posted on: 2023/10/3 17:02

Huskerland
14746 Posts

I don't even look anymore....why beat myself up.... we can start a go fund me for you to make a run for president Tommy.... if it doesn't work out on the Pres thing then you can just use the money for a new C8....

Vote Tommy for President.... he's smart.... or.... Vote Tommy for President.... He has the solutions.... I like it!
Posted on: 2023/10/3 18:33

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Vote Tommy for President.... he's smart.... or.... Vote Tommy for President.... He has the solutions.... I like it!

I have solutions. Unfortunately they would get tied up in the Supreme Court if they ever even got that far. All these pablum sucking, protectionists would rather take a more sensitive, humane initiative. Here's what works.
Posted on: 2023/10/3 20:36

vetteblondie Re: 3 OCTOBER 2023
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

good afternoon, been over 90 again here today, I'm good with it but locals are hollering for snow already. I'm ready to go home, been running crazy all day today, printer issues, color issues, you name it and it's due out in a few days. Hopefully it'll make it and there's a ton more where that one came from, we're covered up. One dude in here yesterday literally asked me could he get one ready to roll by this weekend. I can't believe people are that stupid. He has to find pics to send me, wants 20+ on there, make a logo, plus he's not even brought a trailer for me to photo and measure yet, then time it takes to design, then when he approves still a day to print, another to dry and then laminate and then can start installing. I guess he watches too much CSI or something, stuff simply don't work that fast. Oh well, that's everyone nowadays, wants it yesterday too ignorant to plan well and consider the fact other jobs are already scheduled ahead. Yeah, just sitting here twiddling thumbs - every shop is busy
off my soapbox - hope the kid is allright Tommy, but be ready. That's how parents are now, don't watch the kids then wanna holler and sue if they get themselves hurt somewhere.
Let's write Tommy in for prez this year, think it'll work?
Posted on: 2023/10/3 21:57

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: 3 OCTOBER 2023
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Hey guys, busy day for me. Nice cool start. An inch of rain overnight. Spent the morning precutting the rafters for the awning. Then this afternoon Rosie and I put them up. All 26 rafters and 13 collar ties. Up and down the ladders about 100 times.

Hope the kid is OK Tommy, dumb-ass parents will probably try to get something out of their stupid kids' decisions/actions.
Posted on: 2023/10/3 23:19

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Huskerland
14746 Posts

...I'm pretty sure my Mom would have told me when I was a kid that did that.... see.... serves you right...what the hell were you thinking....just wait till we get home and your Father finds out..... now get out to the truck.... I'm sorry sir how much do I owe you for the damages.... you know I can have the kid here after school and weekends to work it off.. be good for him what do you think?
Posted on: 2023/10/4 0:24

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

These days kids reach up and burn their hands on a hot stove. It's the manufacturers fault. Should have had a safety measure and burn notice in plain sight. We have a partial video. The table top didn't fall by itself. The hurt kid is 5 and his brother is 3. I hope he is alright. He went to a reputable children's urgent care facility in Homestead. Sue knows some high powered attorneys so we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Sue has a long list of contacts in many fields. Me? Not so much.
Posted on: 2023/10/4 1:24

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.