Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
350 user(s) are online (287 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Sheet Molded Compound
Also known as SMC.

This is the stuff that all C4 Corvettes are made of.

It’s similar to fiberglass, but much more durable.

The only issu...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Wed Chat 10.18.23
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

G'morn.
Posted on: 2023/10/18 12:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Wed Chat 10.18.23
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

When I just wrote the date I was like ... WHAT??? Where the hell did THIS month go. It's almost All Hallow's Eve. I want to do some chores but battle to do them. I'm trying to stay as low profile as possible for another week as the doc said I can resume activities 4 weeks after surgery. Yep. Next Wed. will be 4 weeks. Time flies when you're having fun. Hell, time flies when you're not having fun. Tempus fugit. Have to work on my bucket list because right now my bucket is empty.
Posted on: 2023/10/18 12:21

GRIS Re: Wed Chat 10.18.23
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7647 Posts

HI TOMMY---

NOT SO COLD HERE THIS MORNING, 54 OUT FRONT, SUN COMING UP CLEAR, A LITTLE BREEZE. GOING TO HIT 78 THEY SAY.

GOT BD GIFT FOR BABY DAUGHTER, ANTIQUE BIRTHSTONE RING + NEW MADE EAR THINGIES. ALSO MADE A GOOD BUY ON A UNIQUE, EXTRAVAGANT RING FOR #1 GRANDDAUGHTER'S CHRISTMAS. BEEN WORKING ON THE PRICE FOR A WHILE.

TODAY'S TASK: GET BALE OF STRAW TO RE-WINTERIZE THE DOG HOUSE. THE ARKIES ARE COMING THIS WEEKEND SO I'LL HAVE SONE HELP.

AND IN THE LAND OF POLITICAL POLICE AND KANGAROO COURTS:
JUDGE CALLS TRUMP COMMENTS “A GRAVE THREAT TO COURT PROCEEDINGS” ---ENGLISH TRANSLATION: HE MIGHT DERAIL OUR RAILROAD.

KEEP UP THE FIRE, AMIGOS!
Posted on: 2023/10/18 13:08

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: Wed Chat 10.18.23
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Good morning, cold out but warm later. Supposed to have a gal come up here to buy a rug off me, of course I left it at home. Messaged Arron to bring it on his way back from lunch. Reminds me I need to tell him to wad it up and put it in the cab considering the grease in the bed of the truck. I got all my people taken care of yesterday and even got that ambulance proofed early, so am in a waiting pattern. Just soon stay that way today, not much sleep so not on top of my game. My client on that tho is an enjoyable dude, he's a transplanted Brit. Just like talking to one of the dudes on that show Top Gear. I could listen to him all day long.
Yeah, traveling with others requires sacrifices, sharing and give/take. I don't know what it is about losing a kidney but I STILL don't have all my energy back and that was a ton of driving so I was tired. And, when I'm at the beach, on rainy days I do like to go eat, or shop, but then I like to come to the room, open the doors and just sit there and nap or read. I don't like to run around every day and I'm sure not getting off my hind end and outa my beach chair at 3:30 to go eat and miss half my day in the sun. I also like to try different foods and I understand one place's fried oysters might not taste like another place but I'm sure not gonna make a scene at a restaurant and tell them my food is shitty and refuse to tip a waitress. I called out on that one, it's not her fault the kitchen messed up or that her taste buds dont' like their seasonings, etc. We usually have a good trip, not sure what was up her butt on this go around.
Posted on: 2023/10/18 15:13

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Wed Chat 10.18.23
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14739 Posts

..these are the times that try men and women's souls... everyone is pretty much off their game right now...with the eastern world...it is explodin....tempers flaring, bullets loaden..... that reminds me of a song... and Bidenomics pissing everyone off... along with 10 million illegals that have stormed our wide open gates.... WTF.... you reap what you sow.... how many terrorists have we in our midst now...

Haahaha.... no Teeb we love travelling and hanging out wid you guys.... in fact we need to get something going for next season..... been awhile....

ok...it's not all gloom and doom right Guru's.... thank the Lord we got guns and know how to use them....

Posted on: 2023/10/18 15:52

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

This is what happens when a nation lacks discipline. Runaway renegades supporing God know what. Morals .... do they teach those anymore? I'm not saying that I'm an angel but when you stepped out of line you used to get a Look..... I'm an old hippie that did time in the military and spent his years scrimping and saving so I could live my elder years in peace and harmony. There is no peace and there is no harmony. Except of course in my yard and around my house where I am the Imperial Ruler, defender of all that is right, and will back it up by whatever means are necessary. All hail.

Posted on: 2023/10/18 17:22

vetteblondie Re: Wed Chat 10.18.23
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Yep discipline is the missing main ingredient in today's world along with church IMHO. Folks are no longer taught respect of others or others' property/possessions. And, if you call the cops when you need to, society labels you a Karen or a Kyle or cop caller, etc and it's a negative toward you. Totally ass backwards. I have had to start over too many times for me to live comfortably in my old age, but I'm determined to have my peace one way or another, and I have a piece in ever room in my house if I need to use it to make sure I get my peace.
Posted on: 2023/10/18 18:51

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I'll call 911 when needed. Call me whatever you want. LOL
Posted on: 2023/10/18 21:07

teebee Re: Wed Chat 10.18.23
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Hey guys, beautiful day here again. Worked in the shop all morning. Working on my donation project for the pheasants group auction and a clients' two blanket chests. This afternoon my stainless steel eye hooks came in so we went down to the storage shed and to install the curtains on the new awning. Still thinking I need to close up the West end (open end) with a curtain.

GGD has been a perfect angel. She absolutely LOVES being with grandpa and cries when I leave without her, that's why I'm posting so late...we had to put her in bed before I could get on the computer.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image
Posted on: 2023/10/19 2:39

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.