Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
274 user(s) are online (243 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TLS
Transverse Leaf Spring

A design first used by Chevrolet in the 1963 Corvette with independent rear suspension. When centrally mounted, it function...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS MONDAY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7647 Posts

HI---
Posted on: 2/19 13:32

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: MONDAY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7647 Posts

CLEAR AND COLD THIS MORNING, 32 ON THE FRONT PORCH 31 AT TAHLEQUAH, HIGH OF 58 PREDICTED.

THE JINX STRIKES BACK: JONAH CAR IS IN THE GARAGE WITH TOTALLY DISCHARGED BATTERY AFTER SITTING THREE DAYS. BACK TO MUSKOGEE WITH IT.

ANYBODY WANT TO BUY A RED C4 'VERT? CHEAP.

MY PATIENCE IS EXHAUSTED.

Posted on: 2/19 13:41

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: MONDAY
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Gamornin

Cool, damp and grey at the start of the day. Lost another day to medical $#!+ yesterday. Sue was suffering from blurred vision in her right eye. Saturday she got out of the box truck and felt a sudden change in her eye. Sunday she wanted to get it checked as it was really bothersome. We drove up to Miami to place called The Bascom palmer Eye Institute. It's a world class facility with the latest and greatest in eye treatment and a training facililty of the University of Miami. Open 24 hours, 7 days a week. As we all know the burdens of seeking urgent care, check in was easy. Then came the wait. 4 hours+ later she was seen. There went the day with travel time and treatment time. Left the house around noon and got home at 08:30 PM. The benefit was she was diagnosed with a viral infection in her eye, a shingles type virus. She was prescibed an antiviral medication and recommended use of eye drops and gel. She should be back to "normal" in about a week.
We picked up the box truck on Friday. Spent $1000 to reframe the top of the windshield that had rust issues and had to replace the windshield that was damaged upon removal. (common issue). Today Sue went to work and the box truck cab was still leaking so it's back to the body shop it goes. Always something. And the wheel in the sky keeps on turning ...... Have an enjoyable day no matter what life throws at you. Fortunately all these things are just inconveniences. Afterall there are no problems. Only solutions. Ya mon.
Posted on: 2/19 13:59

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I feel your pain GRIS. The 91 vert is still in the shop. Thousands spent chasing gremlins.
Posted on: 2/19 14:02

vetteblondie Re: MONDAY
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Sunny here and will be low 50s today, no plans really today, Mondays are my 'self care' days and I rarely leave the house. Eyeballing a home gym setup I saw clearanced at Sams, I can get that and ditch my 30/mo membership. I have a treadmill here, no elliptical or punching bag but can work around that. Plus we also have one of those plantet fitness places I can do a basci 10/mo thing and use that sometimes. Benefits of where I am are an infrared booth, hydro massage and sunbed. I have a sunbed here too, and he's wanting an infrared booth here at home so - I can clean out garage and make me an exercise area out there. Wanting a set of those selectable dumbells also.
Posted on: 2/19 16:51

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

One of the good things about exercise equipment is they make a great storage area and will hold assorted sizes of boxes and bags. Some also have a great hanging bar for clothes waiting to be put away in the closet.
Posted on: 2/19 17:11

Ultraman Re: MONDAY
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14739 Posts

Yep.. it's important to include resistance training.... My recovery time is about a week now... so once a week I'm in the gym downstairs... rowing machine for 2.5 miles and then weights... Essential Aminos before and after... if you want to keep muscle mass as you age use the amino's daily... you will look like a Greek god or goddess....

nice here with warm temps all week..... try to maintain Guru's
Posted on: 2/19 18:57

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Amino acid? I remember back in the day I dropped a tab or two. One time 4 by accident.

I was out using some hand clippers on a bush in the front yard. I understand now why thay call them hand clippers. Clipped my left ring finger tip. Funny thing was I thought about being careful to NOT clip my fingers. Why does that always happen? Think "Don't drop this thing." and sure as $#!+ it's gonna hit the floor. Same thing with screws, bolts and anything small around the engine bay.

Attach file:

jpg  art 1.jpg (24.59 KB)
852_65d3b10a9aa07.jpg 275X183 px
Posted on: 2/19 19:48

Matatk Re: MONDAY
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

Sorry to hear about Sue, hope she feels better soon.

Electrical gremlins are no fun. My C4 didn't have any but sometimes my C5 will have a random intermittent drain that will kill the battery. I've spent hours chasing it down and nothing found.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on: 2/19 22:19

bogus Re: MONDAY
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Tommy - I hope Sue is all better soon!!! Send her our love and best wishes!!!

We are getting rained on again... not heavy... YET.

Otherwise, back to work and the Daytona 500!
Posted on: 2/19 23:14

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.