Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
228 user(s) are online (194 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

GRIS MONDAY 18 MARCH
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7647 Posts

ON THIS DAY IN 979 ST. EDWARD THE MARTYR, KING OF THE WEST SAXONS, WAS MURDERED BY ORDER OF HIS WICKED STEPMOTHER.
Posted on: 3/18 12:29

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: MONDAY 18 MARCH
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

After being teased with some nice weather last week the bitter cold has returned. It was 25* driving home from work this morning and I could see snow flurries in the headlight beams. Ugh. I'm ready for spring.

I did swap the winter tires off the Honda the other day. Also fixed an annoying squeak I had from the passenger side brake. Everything looked good but when I disassembled it I found that the squeal bar had somehow gotten bent and was pushed up to the rotor. Ripped that off and the problem went away.

How has everyone else been?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 3/18 12:38

GRIS Re: MONDAY 18 MARCH
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7647 Posts

COLDER HERE TOO, MATT, 31 AND CLEAR WITH A NORTH WIND. THE PREDICTED HIGH IS 47, FROST AGAIN TONIGHT. COULD IT BE WINTERS LAST FLING? I WOULDN'T BET ON IT.

NOTHING ON MY AGENDA TODAY BUT AUTO ROTATION, HARVEY OUT OF THE BARN, BUMBLEBEE IN.

NEED TO RESTOCK BIRDSEED, IF THEY HAVE WHAT I WANT. IF NOT THE BIRDS AND SQUIRRELS MAY GO ON A CRASH DIET. ALSO NEED TO CHECK ON THE BROKEN TOMATO. aka JONAH.

DARLING WIFE HAS BIG DOINGS WITH HER FEMALE SUPREMACY COVEN IN MUSKOGEE, A MERGER OF TWO CHAPTERS. THAT OUTFIT HAS MORE BUREAUCRACY THAN THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. NEVER HAVE SO FEW BEEN OVERSEEN BY SO MANY :-)

ALLONS, AMIGOS!
Posted on: 3/18 13:23

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: MONDAY 18 MARCH
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14739 Posts

Ya....sunny but only 23 degrees with a high of 45....March is not a spring month in our country.... it's a teaser month... Spring the way I like it is in May.....

Worked on the Polara Bear this weekend in the warm shop.... got projects all the car going on.... the trunk is getting some Dynamat installed.... I thought I had plenty but turns out it was about half as much as I will need.... UPS and FedEx are fighting to get in the driveway with parts I got coming...

I'm civilizing the car..... many projects on the table...

keep it real Guru's
Posted on: 3/18 15:00

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: MONDAY 18 MARCH
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

The 79 928 is on the corner for sale at the nursery. It's a deal but not a steal. The Suburbean is in the shop getting a twofer. Third gear in the tranny went and a lifter in the engine started chattering. It's getting an engine and transmission from Jasper. 3 year 100,000 mile warranty. Can you say ka-ching? My shop gave me a free engine install because they had to remove the tranny anyway. At least there was some good news with the bad. Working on the Vulcan taxes. It's gonna be bad. We won a lot of money last year. Been waiting for some investment paperwork that doesn't seem to want to come. Most of it is small gains and losses. While you guys suffer in the low temps I'm sweating when I go outside at 90* Moderation would be nice.

https://www.jasperengines.com/
Posted on: 3/18 18:48

vetteblondie Re: MONDAY 18 MARCH
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

I have got to move where Tommy is. I hate it here. If I'm experiencing all four seasons in two days you know I'm in Arkansas. 29 for the low tonight, 49 was the high today. Of course as normal fashion, it will be sunny and summer when I'm cooped up in a office tomorrow. Yard work as taken most of my weekend and I'm nowhere near done with junk, not planting my new shrubs for another week. I lost all those high dollar bougie English Laurel something or another dwarf things so I dug em all out and replacing with Camellias. They'll bloom in the winter when other stuff is dead. Perfect. Blooms look like big roses. Somehow in my yard crap I ended up with a bee sting or something on my had, first knuckle is sore and swelled and hurts to move, other than that, I survived. Hauled crap to flea market booth today, and am sitting on my hind end the rest of the evening. Arron is working out of town tonight so I can watch what I want to on the TV. Or not. The 05 Vette he was working on went home yesterday, that turned out to be a broken ground wire to the ECM ECBM somecraporanother. That particular wire should not have affected what it did somehow but it did. He can explain it, but it's fixed now.
Posted on: 3/18 23:26

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Huskerland
14739 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

ON THIS DAY IN 979 ST. EDWARD THE MARTYR, KING OF THE WEST SAXONS, WAS MURDERED BY ORDER OF HIS WICKED STEPMOTHER.

.... she always was such a bitch.... geez....
Posted on: 3/19 0:05

Huskerland
14739 Posts

..geez Tommy.... I was feeling bad because I had to put new shocks (Mag Rides) on the front of Doc's Tahoe.... I think you won this round....
Posted on: 3/19 0:09

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.