Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
358 user(s) are online (301 user(s) are browsing Forums)

GRIS, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  SuperRam Intake System
Originally designed by John Lingenfelter at LPE and manufactured by Accell, the SuperRam was the 1st aftermarket intake to improve upon the stock lon...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CSS996 Tuesday Chat 03.18.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

I actually made it to work today. Might as well. I am taking vacation next week. One of those "do-prison-labor-landscaping-the-back-yard" vacations.

Only once in my life have I taken a regular vacation. I went to South Carolina, to the beach with my wife's sister and her family. Not my thing really.

I see all that money being spent, and I wonder what modifications or accessories could have been purchased for whatever car or motorcycle I owned at the time.

Usually I do freelance video work during my vacations, but not this time, thank goodness. Although that does provide me with fundage for modifications an accessories....

I will be letting the sales staff know about my vacation today. Last time I announced a vacation, they smothered me with production orders. I nearly had to postpone the vacation altogether. I am dreading what will happen later today...

How is your week going?
Posted on: 2008/3/18 14:11

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 03.18.08
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

As on every Tuesday, I have more to do than time permits. Sitting here writing this isn't helping. I have a slow leak in the A/C of the 90 Corvette. I'm going to recharge it for the last time before I have it repaired. I think the valve on the drier is leaking. Clean the pool. Clean up the yard a little, a few household chores blah, blah, blah. Hope to get my 83 back from the shop soon from having the valves adjusted after the 1000 mile break in and a few other nagging items. I need to take off a week and tighten this place up a little. Like you said, a working vacation. The list just goes on and on, on and on. I am the pool guy , lawn guy, painter, plumber, car detailer, houseman etc. Still have to leave some time to play with the toys.
Posted on: 2008/3/18 14:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

JrRifleCoach Re: Tuesday Chat 03.18.08
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Nice and easy morning. No appointments so I can spend more lab time running diagnostics. What some people can do to their computers is tragic!
Posted on: 2008/3/18 15:52

runner140 Re: Tuesday Chat 03.18.08
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
As on every Tuesday, I have more to do than time permits. Sitting here writing this isn't helping. I have a slow leak in the A/C of the 90 Corvette. I'm going to recharge it for the last time before I have it repaired. I think the valve on the drier is leaking. Clean the pool. Clean up the yard a little, a few household chores blah, blah, blah. Hope to get my 83 back from the shop soon from having the valves adjusted after the 1000 mile break in and a few other nagging items. I need to take off a week and tighten this place up a little. Like you said, a working vacation. The list just goes on and on, on and on. I am the pool guy , lawn guy, painter, plumber, car detailer, houseman etc. Still have to leave some time to play with the toys.

Tommy, do me a favor, next time you hear me complain, come over here and kick my ass.
Posted on: 2008/3/18 16:04

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

runner140 wrote:

Tommy, do me a favor, next time you hear me complain, come over here and kick my ass.

You must live in a condo. LOL. I hope I don't sound like I'm whining. If I wasn't busy I'd probably be getting drunk.
Posted on: 2008/3/18 16:12

FLYINLOW90 Re: Tuesday Chat 03.18.08
Senior Guru
Windsor Ontario Canada
514 Posts

Hi Guys,

Hvae most of the day off today but leave tonite to deliver at
a steel mill near Pittsburgh.

This morning I had an appointment with the accountant to file my taxes (yeah a pretty good refund) then went to bowl ahead as I am going to Pa. to visit my kids this weekend. Last weekend I had to bowl ahead as We were visiting the in-laws in Hamilton On.

I usually don't bowl ahead as we were so far down in the standings it really wouldn't have mattered. But this half we are tied for first with 2 weeks to go so I thought I better.

Last week I shot 206, 200 and 256 = 662. Today I shot 256, 183 and 232 = 671. Not too bad for a guy that throws 3 games a week.

Remember that tax refund...this afternoon a roofing guy is coming out to give me an estimate for a new roof. Bye Bye refund.

Oh well, that's what I'm up to today.

Have a great day Guru's!!

Gary
Posted on: 2008/3/18 16:37

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 03.18.08
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

A couple of great series there, Gary!
Posted on: 2008/3/18 17:29

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Senior Guru
Windsor Ontario Canada
514 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
A couple of great series there, Gary!

Thanks
Posted on: 2008/3/18 17:48

CSS996 Re: Tuesday Chat 03.18.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

I dig bowling. Never did all that much of it. But my wife and I are going to attempt to give it a go. I always wanted my own ball. Maybe this will be an excuse. I wonder how much a clear ball with a human skull (fake, obviously) would run.

Gonna see if such a thing exists.... It would probably be quite offensive to the general public, hence my interest.

Oh, I feel quite fortunate to break 100. I hope to remedy that situation! I am envious of your scores!
Posted on: 2008/3/18 18:02

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Gots ta love the interweb!

Serioulsly!!!
Posted on: 2008/3/18 18:04

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 03.18.08
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Many years ago, a bunch of us from the office went out bowling after work. One gal got particularly overserved - she bowled an 8 (for an entire game), and then threw up in her shoes.
Posted on: 2008/3/18 18:15

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Senior Guru
Windsor Ontario Canada
514 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
I dig bowling. Never did all that much of it. But my wife and I are going to attempt to give it a go. I always wanted my own ball. Maybe this will be an excuse. I wonder how much a clear ball with a human skull (fake, obviously) would run.

Gonna see if such a thing exists.... It would probably be quite offensive to the general public, hence my interest.

Oh, I feel quite fortunate to break 100. I hope to remedy that situation! I am envious of your scores!

Thanks

If your interested in a ball like that they have them. They are called Visaballs. You can get just about anything in them like the skull you are talking about.
Check out this site and go to clear balls if that's what you want.

http://www.bowling.com/

Your own ball will definitly make a difference as it will be drilled to fit your hand. Quite honestly the visaballs are really not the best ball to score well. Some of the better bowlers (and I don't include myself in that statement) only use them for spares. Your going to want a more aggressive ball with a softer shell ( what they call a coverstock) to grip the lane better and hit harder. Go to your local pro shop and they'll set you up.

This would be a great time to get started as the winter leagues are ending and you could practice all summer or even join a summer league to get ready for a winter leauge.

It's great sport for you and the wife to do and spend time together. Wish I could get my wife interested in it.

Good Luck
Gary
Posted on: 2008/3/18 18:18
Edited by FLYINLOW90 on 2008/3/18 18:57:24

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Thanks for the advice. I'd dig doing a summer league, but maybe something less formal to start with. My wife is the one who brought it up, so I just need to tell her the time is right!

I'll see what kinda pro shop the local place has, and see what they have to say.

Thanks again!
Posted on: 2008/3/18 18:33

Senior Guru
Windsor Ontario Canada
514 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Many years ago, a bunch of us from the office went out bowling after work. One gal got particularly overserved - she bowled an 8 (for an entire game), and then threw up in her shoes.

For some reason I just caught this reply.....LOL

Gary
Posted on: 2008/3/18 18:42

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I can bowl 300 without even warming up. An 88, a 112 and a 100.
Posted on: 2008/3/18 18:42

Notorious Re: Tuesday Chat 03.18.08
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I can bowl 300 without even warming up. An 88, a 112 and a 100.

Damn, you're good. I doubt I've ever had a 300 series! But for me, bowling's always been about getting drunk, annoying the other patrons and eventually being thrown out of the alley.
By the way, for all of you married guys with such busy schedules, I'm available to stop by and keep your wives company in your absence. It's not much trouble because that's just the kind of friend I am.
You're welcome, but no thanks is necessary, really......
Posted on: 2008/3/19 3:50

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.