Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
310 user(s) are online (277 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  A4
Generic reference to an automatic equipped C4. All are 4-speed overdrive units....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CSS996 Monday Chat 03.31.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

Good to be back!

I did NOT do any yard work.

I did NOT even START the Vette....

A little disappointing. But I did not have to be creative, so I got to rest my brain a little. I did get TWO calls from work, however. One to ask me to give a quote for some video work, and another to see how quick I could get something turned around this morning. Kinda pissed me off, actually.

I just wanted to forget about work for a week, but that didn't happen.

Hopefully everyone had a great week, and hopefully this one starts of super swell for ya'll!

Looks like I have some catching up to do on reading posts. But first, I have last week's fires to put out, here at the office. So I'm off....

Have a great day, and I'll be sure to check in later!

Ciao, baby!
Posted on: 2008/3/31 13:58

polish41 Re: Monday Chat 03.31.08
Guru Newb
Watertown.SD
50 Posts

Awoke to another snow storm this AM About two inches so far. Don't you just love South Dakota? I guess i'll get out and shovel some later.
Posted on: 2008/3/31 15:18

bastet44 Re: Monday Chat 03.31.08
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Mornin'!

Got to work, and they were working on the electrical in our bldg over the weekend, and there was this notice for us not to turn on our computer this morning. That was odd. I sat down, and didn't know what to do!
Posted on: 2008/3/31 15:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CSS996 Re: Monday Chat 03.31.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

OK, enough of that work stuff for a bit....

So, here's how "hum-drum" my life is....

During my vacation we:

Paid bills

Went Bowling

Walked around the mall

Ate out (A LOT)

Looked at landscape rock

Hung pictures/frames

Bought a new bed for our older son and gave his mattress to my youngest, who was outgrowing his youth bed. Both are on twin size mattresses now.

Ordered a new dining room table.

Ordered a Zippo lighter. I don't smoke, but I believe man should carry around the means to make fire... Even if it is only to light flatulence.

On Sunday, my last day of vacation, I was out cleaning up the garage a little. And it really started getting to me that I had not had time to drive the Vette. The reason was, that I was with my wife and three kids pretty much all week.

I love that darn car, but I sure wish it was a little more practical. It almost makes me wish I had bought one of those ugly '04-'07 Pontiac GTOs. Faster than the Vette. Better interior. And room for four. But not nearly as sexy or "cool".

I really need to get my Ruby out for a drive. I'm thinking too much.

And just to show you how crazy I am becoming... I saw several C5s out and about. They are actually starting to grow on me. Ahhhhhhh!
Posted on: 2008/3/31 16:07

Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Was it your kids' spring break?
Posted on: 2008/3/31 16:36

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Yup.
Posted on: 2008/3/31 16:46

j3studio Re: Monday Chat 03.31.08
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

I took Friday and Monday off (had to use them or lose them) and it rained both days!

Today, I'm just working on some loose ends - cleaning up stuff around the house ...
Posted on: 2008/3/31 16:57
Edited by j3studio on 2008/3/31 18:09:16

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 03.31.08
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I've had any number of equally exciting vacations. I can tell you from experience that looking at landscaping rock is much easier than shoveling it.

Meanwhile, we're supposed to get 3-8" of snow today. It's been snowing like mad, but fortunately not much of it is sticking so far. I want my mommy.
Posted on: 2008/3/31 17:52

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
Yup.

Well, next time you need to take vaca when they're captive in school!
Posted on: 2008/3/31 18:07

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Noted.

Actually, the way it normally works is like this:

I take a vacation, and end up working the whole week on a freelance job. Some of the money from the freelance job goes to pay for a vacation for my wife and kids to fly back home (Pennsylvania).

I don't have much of an interest in visiting relatives, so I stay home. I enjoy the quite for the week. I still go to work during that week, but I like what I do, so no worries there.

It usually works out pretty well. My wife and kids get to travel, and I get some peace. I'm actually pretty lucky that my wife doesn't force me to go with them.

She is very cool like that.

I did not have any freelance job lined up for this past week though. Could be slim pickin's for the kids vacation this year unless something comes up.
Posted on: 2008/3/31 18:30

Touringmike Re: Monday Chat 03.31.08
Senior Guru
Sussex,Wi
569 Posts

Well, I'm late to this party, as usual.

Went back to work today, after a 10 day vacation trip to Fl. and back. Left on Friday, the 21st, during an 18" snow storm. About 6" on the ground when I left. Made it to the South Side of Chicago, where the snow changed to rain. Got stuck for 3 hours in So. Indiana due to an accident (Couldn't take side roads, I tried,they were flooded, 3 hours to go 5 miles- bummer).

Just the youngest son, the wife and I went. Spent two miserable days at Disney (HUGE crowds, never seen it that crowded). Spent another day on the Gulf coast, avoided the Atlantic coast as there were Jelly fish warnings up in the Cocoa Beach area we normally visit. The rest of the time, we spent helping the in-laws take care of their house - MIL broke her wrist, FIL had a back operation- they're both invalids)
Swimming in oranges right now, brought back a bushel. Fresh squeezed juice =
So it was a working vacation, somewhat.
Posted on: 2008/4/1 2:21

Oaklands Re: Monday Chat 03.31.08
Senior Guru
Morristown, TN
480 Posts

I won't be active in the daily chats much this week. I was out installing a new site we installed today and have training and hopefully they will open this week. I will be doing live standby as we normally do for 2 weeks.

This one should be interesting. It is a biker/sports bar. A lot of gangs and such will probably be hanging out there. The owners son is a biker and will be running the place. I haven't ever seen so many tattoos in my life.

A girl was pulling up after I arrived wanting to put in an application. I told the son she was coming in. He asked me what she looked like. Not knowing what his tastes were, I said you decide for yourself. He replied, she must be ugly. She was. She comes in and hasn't worked in 5 years. He asked her why. She said I am a little crazy but I am ok as long as I am taking my meds, and I am on my meds now. HAHA. He was laughing his ass off after she left.

Someone else came in and his kitchen manager said he needed to interview her as she was hot. I told them you need to talk in code. If they are nice looking, call them an opener, if they are ugly call them a closer. (At closing time in a bar they all start looking good). They loved it.

I hope everyone has a great week.
Posted on: 2008/4/1 2:56

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.