Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
309 user(s) are online (177 user(s) are browsing Forums)

GRIS, more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 07.02.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs,

I'm your host, Matatk, CSS996 has been fired.

So what's new and exciting? I'm taking to vette to get detailed today. Jason from Jasons Auto Spa is doing it. Some of you might know him from the other forum, but he does great work. Looking forward to getting it back.

Anyone else have big plans for the day? I have a few other errands but that's about it. Work out once I get home from all my running around then probably enjoy a little BBQ.

The wife and I watched the movie "Vantage Point" last night. I was pretty impressed. It was the one where the president gets shot and you see about five different people's point of view as to how the events unfolded. I enjoyed it and recommend it if you like action/suspense type movies.

Anywho, that's it for me - hope everyone has a great day.

"You stay classy, San Diego" (who can tell me what that's from)

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/7/2 14:02

CSS996 Re: Wednesday Chat 07.02.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

Vantage Point? Really??? I thought it sucked HUGE. About the fourth time it "rewound" to the beginning again, I was ready to leave the theater. It could have been a pretty good movie with a TOTAL re-edit though. The overall story line was clever.

Plans for today? Probably none, unfortunately...

Today is my sixteenth wedding anniversary. I suppose my wife and I would celebrate if we were speaking to each other... :sad3: She's tired of me "not listening" again. But this time she doesn't even want to talk about it.

She's never been like that before, so I'm a little worried. I know she wants to move back to Pennsylvania, to be close to her family... And I know I'm not interested in that, with my job and my friends here. Might be time to make a few big decisions... Or maybe it will all blow over in a couple days. It feels different this time, though. Like some kind of dying flame has been extinguished. Hopefully I'm just over reacting.

I'll be chatting with the big guy upstairs about it all.

I walked almost exactly 8,000 steps yesterday. I needed to get out of the house last evening, so I went for a second walk. Maybe not getting along with the wife will improve my physical condition, if nothing else!

Have a great day, everyone!
Posted on: 2008/7/2 14:30

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 07.02.08
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Anniversary mojo - hope things turn around, man!

I'm hopeful that today the gas leak won't reappear - so far, so good - ran like a champ on the way to work this morning. I'm gonna take tomorrow off to play golf and get the long weekend off to a proper start.
Posted on: 2008/7/2 14:40

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

DaleD Re: Wednesday Chat 07.02.08
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Ouch. Sorry to hear about the troubles at home. We went through some really rough spots around year 18. We are at 26 now. Did counselling, all that rot.
In my experience, most counsellors are retards.
Also, in my experience, you both have to decide, really decide, that being married is better than divorce. Unless that is what you both geniunely believe, you are in deep trouble.

Nothing is worse than marriage problems. I'll send a prayer your way.
Posted on: 2008/7/2 14:44

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Thanks guys. I'm not going to get TOO worked up about it just yet. But it is definitely top-of-mind right now, especially with the anniversary and all.

We've been through bad stuff before. Hopefully we'll be alright.

The cool thing is that we are both reasonable and practical people. Even if the worst happens, I believe we would still be civil toward each other, and not try to destroy each other's lives. But I'm hoping we can work it out.

My parents got divorced when I was in 8th grade. So I get a little nervous any time things aren't going well. My parents fought a LOT for awhile, then stopped talking. But you could cut the tension in the house with a knife, so I was actually glad when it was all over. But my younger brother was messed up a little. My mom was pretty vindictive, and even though it is almost 25 years later, she still holds a lot of hatred inside her for my father. It's frightening, actually.

Counseling... I bet we'd both figure we were smarter than the counselor after about five minutes.

I'll gladly accept any prayers, positive energy or best wishes.
Posted on: 2008/7/2 14:56

CentralCoaster Re: Wednesday Chat 07.02.08
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

GF just bought a motorcycle, she's dropping me off in L.A. to ride it back home. I'll probably need to lower it a bit first. I'm still shopping for mine. Can't let her have a faster bike!

I went to the store for the first time in 5 weeks. I had been eating oatmeal for breakfast and fast food for lunch and nothing for dinner for the past few weeks.

CSS, that stuff doesn't just blow over, at least not in a good way. Kinda hard to listen I guess if she's not saying anything. I figure that's the worst that can happen, if there's not enough communication, people wander away from each other. Then at some point, they're so far apart from the other that they don't or can't say what they need to out of fear.
Posted on: 2008/7/2 15:10

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Wait... I thought she was getting your GS? So, what did she get? We need pix, as soon as you can get 'em!

As far as a bike for the short of inseam, a Ducati Monster with a shaved seat can be made to ride pretty low. I used to ride with a guy and his wife. The wife wasn't five feet tall. She had a Monster 600 Dark. She had the seat shaved a little. She could ride that thing pretty darn well!

I'll give this thing with the wife another day or two, then I will try to talk to her again. I know sometimes people just need their space to be pissed off. I don't like people messing with me when I'm angry.

But I won't let it get much farther without making a move, one way or the other.
Posted on: 2008/7/2 15:26

JrRifleCoach Re: Wednesday Chat 07.02.08
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
Good Morning Gurus!

Vantage Point? Really??? I thought it sucked HUGE. About the fourth time it "rewound" to the beginning again, I was ready to leave the theater. It could have been a pretty good movie with a TOTAL re-edit though. The overall story line was clever.

Glad I picked it off the internet for free.
Posted on: 2008/7/2 16:04

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Hers:

Resized Image

She's not ready for a monster, and can't afford one anyways.

Mine, as soon as I find a nice one:

Resized Image

I tested a '03 CBR F4i yesterday... real FUN over 60 mph. I did a quick 120mph blast down the road by my work. Very wimpy down low though, even for me. Probably not good for commuting, or my back.
Posted on: 2008/7/2 16:06

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Wow, the SV has come a long way!
Posted on: 2008/7/2 16:14

Matatk Re: Wednesday Chat 07.02.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Hey Chris, sorry to hear about your troubles. Hopefully after your wife has a day to cool off, you might be able to have a good heart to heart conversation. Sometimes we have to be angry before the truth about what's bothering us really comes out. Try flowers.

If you need, you can come live in my basement, but the Ruby has to sleep outside

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/7/2 18:31

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Hows about I sleep outside, and the Ruby gets the basement?
Posted on: 2008/7/2 18:36

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
Hows about I sleep outside, and the Ruby gets the basement?

We'll have to build a door big enough, but ok!

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/7/2 18:40

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

SWEET!

I was thinking about flowers, but then I was thinking it might make here even more angry. But I may do it anyway. Good thought.
Posted on: 2008/7/2 18:42

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 07.02.08
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
SWEET!

I was thinking about flowers, but then I was thinking it might make here even more angry. But I may do it anyway. Good thought.

You can just about never go wrong with flowers or jewelry.
Posted on: 2008/7/2 18:47

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
SWEET!

I think any small gift showing that you're actually thinking about her is a good idea. It could be a cd, a watch, any item she's talked about wanting. I think my wife's biggest complaint is she says I don't listen enough. I listen, I just choose to ignore what she's saying.

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/7/2 18:55

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

About a month ago, my wife was telling me that when she was a little girl, she really wanted a Holly Hobbie doll. But she got Heather instead of Holly, because her older sister got Holly. She was so angry, and didn't understand why they both couldn't have Holly Hobbie!

So, I went to ebay, and found what was labled as Holly Hobbie... But I did not do enough research before I bought it... It was one of Hollie's friends...

So I found out which one Holly actually was, and bought one of those too.

The first box with the wrong doll came in, and my wife was thinking it was a part for the Vette. So I let her open it, and explained it was not what I wanted it to be. Turns out it was the Heather doll she had when she was little. She seemed happy with it, and the Holly doll showed up a few days later.She thought it was cool, but they are now just sitting on a shelf in the kitchen under some papers....

Women.... Can't live with 'em, can't hit 'em on the head with a shovel and bury them in the back yard.

Not to say my wife is a bad person. She's great, actually. I think we make a pretty good pair. She's just in a bad place right now, I guess.

I will try flowers. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
Posted on: 2008/7/2 19:08

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:

Women.... Can't live with 'em, can't hit 'em on the head with a shovel and bury them in the back yard.

That's just cause it contaminates the water table.

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/7/2 19:14

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

You can just about never go wrong with flowers or jewelry.

All chicks love useless shit like that. ALL OF THEM. Even the ones that say they don't.

Have the flowers delivered to her work. They like attention too.
Posted on: 2008/7/2 19:32

bmwgsa Re: Wednesday Chat 07.02.08
Guru
Earth
735 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
Women.... can't hit 'em on the head with a shovel and bury them in the back yard.

Says who you can't?

(and I hope it all get's better for ya. Dr. Brian sugguests drinking HEAVILY!)
Posted on: 2008/7/2 22:05

I am fervently hoping to qualify for the category of "ageless" as opposed to "maturity impaired".

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:

"You stay classy, San Diego" (who can tell me what that's from)

Matthew

I'm disappointed there were no answers...

The answer is (drumroll)...Ron Burgandy (Will Ferrell) in "Anchorman"

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/7/3 3:09

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I though the answer was too easy, so I left it alone.
Posted on: 2008/7/3 14:55

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.