Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
293 user(s) are online (264 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Transverse Leaf Spring
(TLS) A design first used by Chevrolet in the 1963 Corvette with independent rear suspension. When centrally mounted, it functions similarly to two ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CSS996 Monday Chat 08.11.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

I really don't have anything to report, but figured since it's after 9am my time, and there's not chat thread yet, I would go ahead and start.

I drove the Vette yesterday. Still love the car. Can't wait to install the CAGS and antenna mast. Good times!

So, what's new? Anything?
Posted on: 2008/8/11 15:06

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 08.11.08
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Get that CAGS thing in there - takes just a couple of minutes once you get it up in the air.

I spent the weekend in computer hell - fried a disk on one of our computers, so I've been having fun with a program that recovers data from damaged partitions. Also bought my wife a new laptop as the dead computer was the one she uses, and she needed something working pronto. Which also prompted me to have to get a wireless network set up. Too much fun :-P

My team won the company golf tournament on Friday (a scramble), with a 56, 16-under par. I didn't contribute much, but we had a guy who played Division 1 for 4 years and also tried out for the Nike tour. He could hit it a friggin' mile! Anyway, we putted like demons and had a good time.
Posted on: 2008/8/11 15:23

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 08.11.08
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Welcome fellow Gurus to your daily thread. Still home through this week with the wife in recovery from her surgery. Plan on going back to work Friday and Saturday. The cars are calling me. Today holds some light shopping in store. Maybe clear out some aging paperwork. That's about it.
Posted on: 2008/8/11 15:23

vetteblondie Re: Monday Chat 08.11.08
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

I came to work today to rest. I replaced the rear hatch area, halo and windshield/pillar section weatherstripping in the vette, as well as added some exhaust tips, changed the thermostat, bled air from that system, and added chrome bumper letter inserts. I'm wore out.
Posted on: 2008/8/11 16:00

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 08.11.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good morning CGs!

Short note from me today. I worked a long shift last night, so I'm pretty beat up. Wifey doesn't like it because she says I have a short temper lately. Oh well. I don't see anything wrong. She frustrates me sometimes. Gets all angry at me for no reason. I think it's time to buy a supercharger and give her a real reason to be pissed

Hope everyone has a great day.

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/8/11 16:05

CSS996 Re: Monday Chat 08.11.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Haven't seen any posts from you in awhile, blondie! Good to have you back! Sounds like a lot of work. I believe we need pix. Especially the exhaust!

Sorry to hear about your PMS Matt. This too shall pass!
Posted on: 2008/8/11 16:17

NC Kid Re: Monday Chat 08.11.08
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Leaving for the beach tomorrow. I don't care for it much...My parents are making me go though so it's not an option. Lay out in the sun all day...sleep all night...repeat from tuesday to sunday....hit school at 8 a.m. monday thru friday for the next 4 months. Heading to Texas in December over christmas break...come back to school for 5 more months....get my Associates Arts Degree in August. Transfer to a 4 year university in TX, LA...somewhere warm...Try to figure out what I am going to be doing for the next 45 years with my life...
Posted on: 2008/8/11 16:49

CSS996 Re: Monday Chat 08.11.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Do what makes you happy. The money will find you. No sense waking up in the morning hating your job.
Posted on: 2008/8/11 17:07

vetteblondie Re: Monday Chat 08.11.08
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

I've had a ton going on lately with a free-lace job and now am starting another one. I did post pics in the General C4 section though!
The exhaust tips are plain chrome ones that slip over the stock, I might shorten them. Something else I did that I think improves things, I took some 500+ high temp black paint and painted the rest of the mufflers and pipes that show. Seems to improve the looks from the back end. Might do fender wells and other areas also.
Posted on: 2008/8/11 17:17

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

NC Kid Re: Monday Chat 08.11.08
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
Do what makes you happy. The money will find you. No sense waking up in the morning hating your job.

Girls make me happy. Having fast cars makes me happy...turn those into a reputable, secure career? Naw...Dunno what I wanna do. Possibly criminal justice....pharmacy(legal drug store not street corner!)....Hmm pimp...strip club owner? :D JK...my parents would kill me if I did that stuff. haha.

Need to find a part time job though. Never worked before but aint nobody really hiring either. Tried a few places...no luck...Doesn't bother me that much though. As long as I don't have unexpected kids, I think I will do allright.
Posted on: 2008/8/11 17:38

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.