Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
283 user(s) are online (265 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  LT4
Engine used in 1996, all manual equipped cars came with this engine....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 08.13.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good morning CGs!

How is the day going so far? I got home from work and decided that after two weeks of not doing it, I really needed to cut the grass. The front wasn't too bad, but the back was pretty long. Of course, the weed whacker ran out of string half way through the back yard, so only half the fenceline got done - I didn't feel like spending 10 minutes spooling up the new line and getting it back together. Call it lazy. Oh well.

Well I have to tell you my workout yesterday just about killed me. Had eight days off total, and I'm feeling it today, lol. I just have to get back into my rhythm.

Any news with anyone else?

Hope everyone has a great day.

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/8/13 14:40

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 08.13.08
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Jeeez, I have to mow twice a week, and it's on my list today :-P
Posted on: 2008/8/13 14:54

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CSS996 Re: Wednesday Chat 08.13.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

I'm home today. My daughter has her school pictures today, so I am hanging out to watch the boys. Their first day of school is Friday. (I thought it was today).

I believe my wife and I found a new daycare provider for my youngest. She only lives about a block away. You can see our back yard from her front yard. Pretty convenient. Hopefully it all works out.

All my kids are excited to start school. Just goes to show you how weird they are.

Still walking. Down 11 lbs now. Still not really seeing it, but feeling pretty good.

Have a good one, my friends!
Posted on: 2008/8/13 15:04

vetteblondie Re: Wednesday Chat 08.13.08
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

My day started off fine as hell! Car dead Thankfully neighbor was leaving also, gave me a boost. Car's been hard to start for a while, changed fuel pressure regular (? or whatever it is in the dash) and that helped for about a day. Showed to be bad. Car still hard to start but different. Smell fuel when it does start. Suspected low battery, it's old. Spend the $$ on the red top. DANG!!!!! Sticker shock. Holy Crap! Is it really worth it? And, FWIW, dang car STILL hard to start... WTF?
Posted on: 2008/8/13 17:48

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

red_johnny Re: Wednesday Chat 08.13.08
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Something else is wrong. Any funny noices while trying to start?
Posted on: 2008/8/13 18:47

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
My day started off fine as hell! Car dead Thankfully neighbor was leaving also, gave me a boost. Car's been hard to start for a while, changed fuel pressure regular (? or whatever it is in the dash) and that helped for about a day. Showed to be bad. Car still hard to start but different. Smell fuel when it does start. Suspected low battery, it's old. Spend the $$ on the red top. DANG!!!!! Sticker shock. Holy Crap! Is it really worth it? And, FWIW, dang car STILL hard to start... WTF?

Maybe the fuel pressure is leaking down when it's not running.
Posted on: 2008/8/13 19:10

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 08.13.08
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

My wife is apparently feeling much better. She had me out shopping for porcelin tile. I tried to talk her into a cheap fix for some popping tiles but the idea of repairing it and throwing an area rug over it didn't meet her idea of repair. We started off going to replace the kitchen tiles. Looks like we are up to the kitchen, dining room and laundry room. About 300 sq. ft. Fortunately for me, I'm just paying, not installing.
Posted on: 2008/8/13 20:50

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
My wife is apparently feeling much better. She had me out shopping for porcelin tile. I tried to talk her into a cheap fix for some popping tiles but the idea of repairing it and throwing an area rug over it didn't meet her idea of repair. We started off going to replace the kitchen tiles. Looks like we are up to the kitchen, dining room and laundry room. About 300 sq. ft. Fortunately for me, I'm just paying, not installing.

I've laid somewhere around 700 sq. ft. of ceramic in our house, and it is sofa king fun :-P

Glad to hear she's feeling better!
Posted on: 2008/8/13 21:31

Matatk Re: Wednesday Chat 08.13.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

My wife doesn't need to feel good to find work for me to do. She can do that no matter what her condition. Glad to hear she's on the up & up, though

Vetteblondie - seems like there is some issue there. I'd post a ??? in the c4 technical because a of of people don't read the daily chat (or post, at least). Sounds like someone said, there could be leaky injectors. I don't know where the FPR is on the 96, but I don't believe it's in the dash.

Chris - 11 pounds is great, man. It's a health pace and if you keep with it you'll be getting some great results. After 6 months you'll look back and go, wow, how did that happen?

I'm about to go workout, myself, so hope everyone has a great night.

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/8/14 0:32

crash Re: Wednesday Chat 08.13.08
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

GLAD TO HEAR THE MISSES IS FEELING BETTER TOMMY AND GOOD LUCK ON THE TILE
WAY TO GO CHRIS 11 LBS IS GREAT IHAVE LOST 25LBS SINCE MAY GOT 10 MORE LBS TO GO FEEL BETTER ALSO
Posted on: 2008/8/14 1:24

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.