Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
168 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Monday Chat 09.01.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good evening CGs!

I almost made a mistake and put morning....hmmm...old habits die hard. Well, sorry for the late start, but I no longer work mids so I'll be chiming in later. I'm surprised no one started the thread w/o me

Had a good day at work, loving workin 8-4.

Ordered my new injectors from Rich Gonna try to get some stuff torn down this week and see what I can get accomplished.

How was everyone else's day? Hope everyone had a great one!

Matthew

MONDAY MOVIE TRIVIA:

In the movie Wargames starring young Matthew Broderick, what city was his character from???
Posted on: 2008/9/1 22:39

Mekanic Re: Monday Chat 09.01.08
Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

Today has been busy! I havn't been busy in a long time so it feels really good haha.

Weekend was hectic, Saturday was working on my friends civic (again)

had just put on new valve springs, retainers, and a crower cam, and a set of my 750's.

Got it all back on the car, turbo bolted up. Went for initial startup to break the cam in, had a vacuum leak so idle was erratic, snapped the timing belt and broke the crank pulley (was welded)

Friday night was spent working on a different friends... you guess it... CIVIC! I got the pleasure of pulling the head on that one for a full rebuild.
Posted on: 2008/9/1 22:43

Yea tho I walk through the valley in the shadow of rice, I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bmwgsa Re: Monday Chat 09.01.08
Guru
Earth
735 Posts

Nice quiet day off (or 3 days....)

Got the Vette started (I was amaazed - first time I turned the key in some 6 months) - just charged the battery and she started.

Then I put a new battery in my G/S - again 6 months between starts - fired right up!! (damn, I like BMW's), next up get the clutch replaced....

Oh well, back to my nap
Posted on: 2008/9/1 23:46

I am fervently hoping to qualify for the category of "ageless" as opposed to "maturity impaired".

NC Kid Re: Monday Chat 09.01.08
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Ordering my injectors tomorrow. This way the whole fuel system will be new. Im excited to get it back and see how pick up/power feels. Should be restored above now. Going with the Bosch II 22 lbs. I got it cleaned up, it will be running good. I cleaned all the fuel lines up and polished them. :D Looking much better!!! Changed the oil with high mileage penzoil....mobil one filter(thanks Central coaster!)....School tomorrow....boring humanities I and history. Going back to the scrap yard to dump off some more metal. $$$$ Free money!
Posted on: 2008/9/2 0:49

NC Kid Re: Monday Chat 09.01.08
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Quote:

bmwgsa wrote:

Got the Vette started (I was amaazed - first time I turned the key in some 6 months) - just charged the battery and she started.

Then I put a new battery in my G/S - again 6 months between starts - fired right up!! (damn, I like BMW's), next up get the clutch replaced....

Oh well, back to my nap

What year/model vette do you drive?
Posted on: 2008/9/2 0:50

cuisinartvette Re: Monday Chat 09.01.08
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Took the day off from grinding, cleaned this pigstye up and caught up on some rest. Nothing like a clean house.
Posted on: 2008/9/2 1:01

Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 09.01.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

Mekanic wrote:

Got it all back on the car, turbo bolted up. Went for initial startup to break the cam in, had a vacuum leak so idle was erratic, snapped the timing belt and broke the crank pulley (was welded)

Friday night was spent working on a different friends... you guess it... CIVIC! I got the pleasure of pulling the head on that one for a full rebuild.

See, civics are reliable cars until you start playing with them...lol. I guess vettes are the same way. What's wrong with us????

Quote:

cuisinartvette wrote:
Took the day off from grinding, cleaned this pigstye up and caught up on some rest. Nothing like a clean house.

Did you finish/flow those 113s?

PS - do you have any other tips for me when I "port" my plenum and intake? I just intend to clean them up a little and siamese the holes on the plenum.

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/9/2 1:20

bmwgsa Re: Monday Chat 09.01.08
Guru
Earth
735 Posts

Quote:

NC Kid wrote:
Quote:

bmwgsa wrote:

Oh well, back to my nap

What year/model vette do you drive?

1984 4+3
Posted on: 2008/9/2 3:22

I am fervently hoping to qualify for the category of "ageless" as opposed to "maturity impaired".

cuisinartvette Re: Monday Chat 09.01.08
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Quote:

Did you finish/flow those 113s?

PS - do you have any other tips for me when I "port" my plenum and intake? I just intend to clean them up a little and siamese the holes on the plenum.

Matthew

One of them is 95% finished, hopefully will flow them at AFR sometime by next weekend. If the numbers are good (sure they are fine as is) Ill put some finishing touches on it, duplicate the other one and finish the TPI parts. Factory heads take an eternity to make them halfway respectable. Then out they go for soda blasting and a 3 angle V.J.
Whatever I can help out on shoot me a call.
818-800-1178
Posted on: 2008/9/2 5:24

Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.