Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
283 user(s) are online (244 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Collector Edition
RPO Z15.

1996 only.

Silver with black, red or grey interior.

LT1/A4 or LT4/ZF6....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Thursday Chat 10.02.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good morning CGs!

How is the day so far? I slept in late, but it was time to get up, and the baby reminded me of that. Very thoughtful of her. I'm about to go downstairs and make some french toast (or is it freedom toast, still?). Yum.

I'm watching the rugrat for the morning while my wife goes to the hospital for some nursing classes. After that I am going to the financial guy to talk about life insurance. Fun stuff.

What's everyone else up to?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

PS - thanks to Woodstock, he is a stand up guy and literally is trying to get me some beer like I asked yesterday! Wow. Who does that? Prost Axel!

THURSDAY JOKE OF THE DAY:

A bear walks into a bar in Billings, Montana. He bangs on the bar with his paw and demands a beer.

The bartender approaches and says, “We don’t serve beer to bears in bars in Billings.”

The bear, becoming angry, demands again that he be served a beer.

The bartender tells him again, more forcefully, “We don’t serve beer to belligerent bears in bars in Billings.”

The bear, very angry now, says, “If you don’t serve me a beer, I’m going to eat that lady sitting at the end of the bar.”

The bartender says, “Sorry, we don’t serve beer to belligerent, bully bears in bars in Billings.”

The bear goes to the end of the bar and, as promised, eats the woman. He comes back to his seat and again demands a beer.

The bartender states, “Sorry, we don’t serve beer to belligerent, bully bears in bars in Billings who are on drugs.”

The bear says, “I’m NOT on drugs.”

The bartender says, “Of course you are! Don't you know that was a barbitchyouate.”
Posted on: 2008/10/2 14:06

biggrizzly Re: Thursday Chat 10.02.08
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Boooo.... Funny HaHa!

Good Morning All... I'm happy again, seems the car is once again doing what I want it to.

Leaving for Ocean City, MD in the morning for Corvettes on the Boardwalk. I should have a ton of photos when I get back here on Monday.
Posted on: 2008/10/2 14:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

BillH Re: Thursday Chat 10.02.08
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:

Leaving for Ocean City, MD in the morning for Corvettes on the Boardwalk.

OC's a nice place, I spent a lot of time there when I was younger.
Posted on: 2008/10/2 14:53

red_johnny Re: Thursday Chat 10.02.08
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Ha...I wasnt expecting that punch line.

My joke....

A man walks into a bar. He was a business man and was traveling through and stopped in for a drink. While he was sitting there drinking his beer he noticed a brass rat on the shelf. He asked the bar tender, "hey whats up with that rat?" The bartender replied "for $100 I will sell it to you and tell you about its mysterious powers" The business man declined and continued to drink.
After a few more beers he asked the bartender "come on, whats with that rat? Is it special?" The bartender again tried to pawn it off saying "for $50 I will sell it to you and tell you about its magic" again the stranger declined and continued to drink. Finally, near closing time the man a bit more drunk and now very curious was dying to know what the brass rat was about so again he asked "bartender, I just have to know what is up with that rat! Please, tell me!" Bartender replied "Look, give me $25 and I will tell you all about it and it will be yours" The stranger agreed so the bartender began to explain that it was a magic rat that would put a spell on near by rats and make them follow the brass rat no matter where it went.
The business man was a bit flustered because he felt swindled but even so he decided to call it a night and head back to the hotel. With brass rat in hand he headed down the long alley. After several steps he turned and noticed several rats following behind him. Hmmm, maybe this rat has powers after all? He continues to walk but started to pick up his pace and went about 50 feet then turned again to note about 100 rats behind him. This freaked him out a bit so he started to run, after 200 feet as he looked back there were thousands of rats running behind him! As he neared a bridge he sprinted toward it and tossed the brass rat into the water and one by one each rat jumped in and drowned.
The man amazed RAN as fast as he could back to the bar, threw open the door and screamed with excitement..."BARTENDER, BARTENDER....you got any BRASS POLITICIANS?"
Posted on: 2008/10/2 15:03

CSS996 Re: Thursday Chat 10.02.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

UGH....

Good Morning Gurus!

Just pretending like I'm working. Still waiting to hear from my refinance dude, so I can send in all my paperwork... Good times.
Posted on: 2008/10/2 15:20

CentralCoaster Re: Thursday Chat 10.02.08
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Here's an entertaining clip from the presidential debate, in case you didn't watch all of it:

VP debate is on this evening, 9pm central time I think.
Posted on: 2008/10/2 15:21

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat 10.02.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Tell me where I can get one of those brass politicians! Lol.

I didn't watch the presidential debate. I guess I don't care. I don't like either of them. It's kinda like saying, you have two choices - I can punch you in the left eye or I can punch you in the right eye - you have to choose one - which do you prefer?

Matthew

edit - I just watched the clip....haha
Posted on: 2008/10/2 15:40

red_johnny Re: Thursday Chat 10.02.08
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Its your choice of a giant turd sandwich or a giant douche
Posted on: 2008/10/2 16:07

vetteblondie Re: Thursday Chat 10.02.08
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4655 Posts

Spent my day fretting over not being able to get to Eureka Springs for Corvette Weekend... as mother wants her car for the weekend. Still dishing with Nationwide to get a rental (the dude that hit me), found out he's insured afterall, so that changed everything. Underside of hood got painted today, and might be up there some this weekend messing around.
Posted on: 2008/10/3 0:30

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

CentralCoaster Re: Thursday Chat 10.02.08
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I've been watching these guys practice overhead for the past few hours. Makes it hard to talk on the telephone when they're just a few hundred feet above me.

Air show starts tomorrow.

Resized Image
Posted on: 2008/10/3 0:33

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.