Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
283 user(s) are online (251 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Ruby
Refers to 1993 Anniversary Editions.

These are the actual cars honored as anniversary cars. They have RPO Z25 to prove it....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Notorious What a pin-head....
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Yes, this really happened and in my state, I'm ashamed to say. Not that anywhere has the market cornered on idiots. The most disturbing part to me is where he states that he's offended that Obama's running for president. Offended?
There's little doubt as to his motivation after that statement. Something tells me that there's something other than political ideology involved in his choice here. (duh!)
Sorry pal, George Wallace is dead.... I'm sure he was your favorite candidate ever, or maybe it was David Duke.

Posted on: 2008/10/12 13:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: What a pin-head....
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Unfortunately, I don't know who you are talking about.

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/10/12 14:07

Notorious Re: What a pin-head....
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't know who you are talking about.

Matthew

Well I feel like a dumbass. I was so pissed off I forgot to post the video. Fixed.
Posted on: 2008/10/12 14:12

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Lol...no problem.

Freedom of speech? Yes.
Hillrod? Yes.

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/10/12 15:51

TommyT-Bone Re: What a pin-head....
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

You called ...........

Resized Image
Posted on: 2008/10/12 16:19

red_johnny Re: What a pin-head....
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Pissed off over what? Just like people post those dumb bumper stickers up I dont see this as being any differant. Only differance is he is actually ticking more people off by telling poeple they are not welcome to park there. Even though he is letting them park there. I dont like obama as much as the next guy but I would not do something this extreme. Its called freedom of speech, its his land so whats the issue?
Posted on: 2008/10/12 17:04

bogus Re: What a pin-head....
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

The issue is the pretence of intolerance. Remove racism for a second, it's the simple intolerance of a democratic candidate.

You may not agree with the man, but that is an insult to those that do. I am sorry, but I don't see the humour.

He has the right to free speach, and since he isn't towing folks, that's all it is, a statement of protest, but wouldn't a large pro-McCain sign have the same effect without being petty and exclusionary?

Quote:

I dont like obama as much as the next guy but I would not do something this extreme. Its called freedom of speech, its his land so whats the issue?

I find these two sentences interesting. First off, it implies that everyone hates Obama. Which is obviously not the truth considering he is leading in the polls. In that first sentence, you say that you would not do something this extreme, yet in the next you excuse it via freedom of speach?

Which is it? Do you feel it's extreme or not?

I agree he has the freedom to express his opinion, but the method is just so very polarizing. Whereas a simple McCain/Palin sign would have delivered the same message without all the historonics.

And yes, unless the ghost of FDR runs for president, I am voting for Obama.

Oh, Notorious, in reference to morons, check out the Carlin vids in Tommy's PRC thread. Enlightenment in this country has become a form of elitism.

Resized Image

Have your beer... I will take a competent candidate.
Posted on: 2008/10/12 19:57

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

I made a sign for you, Andy.

Matthew

Attach file:

bmp  bogus sign.bmp (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2008/10/12 21:01

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:

It is extreme but he is well covered in the freedom of speech. I am just saying as far as not liking him that he dont have my vote and I just dont see how others can vote for him. His views, opinions, policys are just mostly wrong to ME. Maybe you can support him and thats your choice but I can not and thats my choice. One BIG reason I cant vote for this guy is he will be getting alot of votes because he is black. I am not a racist but I know I will catch flames for this. Most black people will vote the big O cause he is black...period. It dont matter what his views are, they will swing their views just to vote for him. I have several black friends and co-workers. Most of them are voting for him and even told me it was because he was black. I think that is the wrong reason to vote for someone.
Posted on: 2008/10/12 22:06

wesmigletz Re: What a pin-head....
Senior Guru
Land of Fruits and Nuts
325 Posts

I don't see a problem with it. It's his lot. If I was offended by the sign, I would park elsewhere and walk further, or buy my own lot.

I see it as a property owner rights issue.
Posted on: 2008/10/12 22:24

Notorious Re: What a pin-head....
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

For those to whom my take on this might not have been obvious, I could care less who this guy is voting for. And perhaps I'm wrong (but I don't think so) but I believe he's a blatant racist. And as Andy said, this cretin with the parking lot is accomplishing nothing but furthering divisiveness. And God knows our country doesn't need anymore of that. Hell, I'm not voting for Obama either but it's because the Republican party more closely matches my personal political philosophy. I couldn't care less about the details of any candidate's particular gene pool or chromosome arrangement. I just want the best for our country, especially in such difficult times. If Obama does indeed win, I'll hope that he can accomplish some positive things. When I strongly disagree, I'll rail against him as I would my own party's or any other elected officials when I believe they're in error. When I was young, I was a liberal with some conservative beliefs. Now I'm a conservative but still liberal on some issues. On certain core beliefs, I never have and never will change. On other things, I may be proven wrong. And if so, I hope I'll learn and grow as I'd like to think I always have.

Oh, and I'm not disagreeing that this guy doesn't have the right to be a moron, he certainly does. And that's great because everyone will know him for what he is.
Posted on: 2008/10/12 22:58

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Quote:

Notorious wrote:
For those to whom my take on this might not have been obvious, I could care less who this guy is voting for. And perhaps I'm wrong (but I don't think so) but I believe he's a blatant racist. And as Andy said, this cretin with the parking lot is accomplishing nothing but furthering divisiveness. And God knows our country doesn't need anymore of that. Hell, I'm not voting for Obama either but it's because the Republican party more closely matches my personal political philosophy. I couldn't care less about the details of any candidate's particular gene pool or chromosome arrangement. I just want the best for our country, especially in such difficult times. If Obama does indeed win, I'll hope that he can accomplish some positive things. When I strongly disagree, I'll rail against him as I would my own party's or any other elected officials when I believe they're in error. When I was young, I was a liberal with some conservative beliefs. Now I'm a conservative but still liberal on some issues. On certain core beliefs, I never have and never will change. On other things, I may be proven wrong. And if so, I hope I'll learn and grow as I'd like to think I always have.

Oh, and I'm not disagreeing that this guy doesn't have the right to be a moron, he certainly does. And that's great because everyone will know him for what he is.
And the guy certainly is a moron. Wow, my head hurts after I read your post. I am going to lay down now and let it all sink in.
Posted on: 2008/10/12 23:03

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

red_johnny wrote:
Quote:

bogus wrote:

It is extreme but he is well covered in the freedom of speech. I am just saying as far as not liking him that he dont have my vote and I just dont see how others can vote for him. His views, opinions, policys are just mostly wrong to ME. Maybe you can support him and thats your choice but I can not and thats my choice. One BIG reason I cant vote for this guy is he will be getting alot of votes because he is black. I am not a racist but I know I will catch flames for this. Most black people will vote the big O cause he is black...period. It dont matter what his views are, they will swing their views just to vote for him. I have several black friends and co-workers. Most of them are voting for him and even told me it was because he was black. I think that is the wrong reason to vote for someone.

I agree 100% that voting for someone because he or she fits a demographic is not the most logical reason. It's about issues and how the message touches someone on a personal level. With our current political climate, it's the best we can do.

Now, on to another point of mine. And Notorious touches on it. That's the divisiveness going on in our country. I suspect you did it without even knowing it.

I am just saying as far as not liking him that he don't have my vote and I just don't see how others can vote for him.

This is my point. You indicate, rightfully, that you support McCain and don't support Obama. However, by adding the "and I just don't..." part to that sentence causes the reader to take aback. This projects that you not only disagree with my choice, but implies it's somehow stupid or otherwise invalid.

It's THAT kind of subtlety in language that's causing our nation so much grief. And it's no different than the chucklehead with the sign... it's all about diminishing the others selection and making them feel inferior because of it.

Trust me, it's taken a while for me to realize this was the real problem in our current cultural climate. It's also been around for a long time, but it's really risen to the surface in the last 25 years. Personally, I am finding it to be the 2nd biggest sin from the Reagan years (#1 being politicizing the military).

I disagree with McCain, but I don't disagree with your selection of McCain. It's subtle, I know, but it's important to not insult the others selection.

I remember a conversation with my sister-in-law some 20-odd years ago. I have always been outspoken about the Reagan administration. And it wasn't any different then. As an aside, I know he did a lot of good for this nation, but I am not a fan of deficit spending and the way the GOP took near total ownership of the concept of patriotism. However, my SIL told me I had to honour the president no matter who they were... I respect the POSITION, I don't always agree with the man. That will never change. I am sure there will be policies of Obama that I do not and will not agree with... that's the charm of being American.
Posted on: 2008/10/12 23:23

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

I see what your saying! Yeah, I did not mean to call anyone stupid for thier vote.
Posted on: 2008/10/12 23:31

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Cool. But that is happening everywhere.

Fox news does it, even CNN. The implied statements are just killing me... And it's not just politics. It's everywhere. It's one thing to make a choice, but to belittle those making them...

I will clarify; some choices are just bad... drugs, drinking/driving... but others are personal preferences, and I don't agree that they should be deminished.

Someone selects a Porsche 911 over a Vette, that's their choice. There is not right or wrong. But a lot of people will belittle that as being un-American.

Others will select an Alpine car stereo over a Pioneer... preference... some will select a Dell over an HP... and I know people who will deminish that choice.

It's really sad...
Posted on: 2008/10/13 0:04

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Very true. Kinda sad I guess, I think this country has faded far from which it started from. Bad part of that is to get it back to working right I think its going to take some real hard times.
Posted on: 2008/10/13 1:29

CentralCoaster Re: What a pin-head....
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

"I don't expect to go after anyone with a baseball bat..."

What an attention whore. He must stay up at night in a cold sweat haunted by the images of bumper stickers.

I would cover his car top to bottom with Obama stickers if I were them.
Posted on: 2008/10/13 5:33

TommyT-Bone Re: What a pin-head....
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
"I don't expect to go after anyone with a baseball bat..."

What an attention whore. He must stay up at night in a cold sweat haunted by the images of bumper stickers.

I would cover his car top to bottom with Obama stickers if I were them.

What the sign poster is doing is legal while the suggested corrective measures are not.
Posted on: 2008/10/13 11:59

CentralCoaster Re: What a pin-head....
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

What the sign poster is doing is legal while the suggested corrective measures are not.

I don't care. The sign poster sounds like an ignorant windbag.

How are some of the people parking there supposed to trust that their cars are safe or won't be towed when the sign says otherwise?

What if he stood there with a sign that says "If you support Obama I'm going to steal your car and charge you $300 to get it back."

Is that his first amendment right, to falsely threaten others?
Posted on: 2008/10/13 14:16

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.