Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
367 user(s) are online (321 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Rat Motor
GM production big block engines were known as Rat motors.

'W' Series:

5.7L 348ci - 1958 thru 1964
6.7L 409ci - 1961 thru 1965
7.0L 427ci (Z11...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

JrRifleCoach More Anti-gun Legislation Coming........
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

HR 45

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.

We just learned yesterday about this on the Peter Boyles radio program. Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because it is flying under the radar.

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

It is registered
You are fingerprinted
You supply a current Driver's License
You supply your Social Security #
You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing

Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family - pass this along.

Peter Boyles is on this and having guests. Listen to him on KHOW 630 a.m. in the morning. He suggests the best way to fight this is to tell all your friends about it and "spring into action". Also he suggests we all join a pro-gun group like the Colorado Rifle Association, hunting associations, gun clubs and especially the NRA.

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.
Posted on: 2009/2/13 17:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

red_johnny Re: More Anti-gun Legislation Coming........
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

DAMN ASSHATS!! LEAVE ME AND MY GUN ALONE!!! As soon as I get my tax return the NRA is getting a nice chunk of my loot.
Posted on: 2009/2/13 18:07

CentralCoaster Re: More Anti-gun Legislation Coming........
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Wow this is a great idea! Then we can finally stop all those shootings from happening (at the shooting range, duck blinds, hunting areas.)
Posted on: 2009/2/13 19:58

skirlin Re: More Anti-gun Legislation Coming........
Senior Guru
Caledonia Michigan
277 Posts

Right out of the Nazi play book. Hitler would be proud. I do not know what the NRA membership dues are but I will shortly. Thanks JrRifleCoach.
Posted on: 2009/2/13 21:11

Aardwolf Re: More Anti-gun Legislation Coming........
Senior Guru
Fremont, WI
209 Posts

This one?

SEC. 403. INSPECTIONS.

In order to ascertain compliance with this Act, the amendments made by this Act, and the regulations and orders issued under this Act, the Attorney General may, during regular business hours, enter any place in which firearms or firearm products are manufactured, stored, or held, for distribution in commerce, and inspect those areas where the products are so manufactured, stored, or held.

I read that as inspecting a store that sells guns, not YOUR HOUSE. You do have regular business hours at your home, don't you?
Posted on: 2009/2/13 21:58

BillH Re: More Anti-gun Legislation Coming........
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

There are more idiots in the California government than in Washington.

I really like Calif. and can be "over the border" in 15 minutes from my house. But every time I go, I kinda cringe at the border or when I see a CHP.
Crap, they'ed probably arrest me for the couple of pistol targets laying in the back of the pickup.
Posted on: 2009/2/13 22:03

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.