Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C4
Abbreviation for the 4th generation of Corvettes built from 1984-1996....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

BrianCunningham Drama at the SCCA Solo Nationals
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

WTH happened there this year???

http://sccaforums.com/forums/1/327922/ShowThread.aspx

Quote:
Patrick Washburn:
I haven't seen this cross-posted yet, so I might as well. (I'm sure Cindy knew it would take about a minute for it to be distributed.) From the SCCA dot com forums:

UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT

Now that Nationals is over and everyone has had a chance to get home and re-group, I would like to address an unwelcome trend that was observed during the 2008 competition season, but most particularly at Nationals. Throughout the season, we have seen many instances of unsportsmanlike conduct varying in degree of offensiveness, but several incidents during the ProSolo Finale and Nationals were so severe that the parties involved could have actually been criminally prosecuted. This type of behavior is detrimental to retaining sponsors and keeping the sport fun for everyone involved. We cannot survive without our sponsors and they expect us to maintain a professional image. There are many competitors that come as a family and they may not continue to participate if our sport does not maintain a healthy atmosphere for the entire family.

Since this type of behavior will not be tolerated in 2009, let me be as specific as I can about behaviors that will result in consequences of varying severity:

Physically touching or verbally threatening another competitor or their vehicle.

Public nudity.

Vulgar, abusive language.

Crude or vulgar messages/statements/slogans on cars, apparel or in sponsor names.

Theft

Inappropriate actions on stage or in the audience at banquets.

Forum postings that generate a negative image of the SCCA, officials, sponsors or other competitors.

Judgment of what constitutes any of the above rests solely with the National Staff and consequences will be decided upon on a case by case basis.

LetÂ’s keep our sport healthy and enjoyable for everyone!

Cindy Jansen

I asked over in the CF racing section
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showt ... 1567507610#post1567507610
and got this:

[QUOTE]waktasz:
Let's see...someone took a hose off of someone's car to put on theirs and when they returned it after their heat they didn't install it right and it popped off.

After that there were some on stage antics at the banquet where someone was presented with a case of douche and then went outside and poured it on a female competitors car.

An STS competitor had out of spec valve shims in their motor that was noticed after a tear down of a few STS cars. It wasn't the first time this person was caught cheating.[/QUOTE]
Posted on: 2008/10/17 22:33
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CentralCoaster Re: Drama at the SCCA Solo Nationals
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I think his posting generates a negative image of the SCCA, officials, sponsors or other competitors, so should he be banned too?

Sounds like a fun time to me.
Posted on: 2008/10/17 23:06

TommyT-Bone Re: Drama at the SCCA Solo Nationals
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33821 Posts

Reading some of the history of the SCCA, they were some fine and upstanding gentlemen. They didn't put up with any bull$#!+. Their rules of coduct were pretty strict. In todays society where any form of disrespect is tolerated, the SCCA is an example of tradition and expects it's members to act appropriately. Unfortunately, many people today have no concept of manners or respect for themselves or others.
Posted on: 2008/10/17 23:40

Matatk Re: Drama at the SCCA Solo Nationals
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22812 Posts

Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:
WTH happened there this year???

http://sccaforums.com/forums/1/327922/ShowThread.aspx

Quote:
Patrick Washburn:

Public nudity.

Vulgar, abusive language.

Crude or vulgar messages/statements/slogans on cars, apparel or in sponsor names.

Inappropriate actions on stage or in the audience at banquets.

Where do I sign up?

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/10/18 1:05

bogus Re: Drama at the SCCA Solo Nationals
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20861 Posts

Quote:

Forum postings that generate a negative image of the SCCA, officials, sponsors or other competitors.

There is disrespect and then there is expressing opinion or fact. I hope they draw the line appropriately.

If someone says "such and so has a crap product, it caused this to happen," and can back it up, fine... but if they get into protectionism just to create a corporate environment, that's poor.
Posted on: 2008/10/18 1:32

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

CentralCoaster Re: Drama at the SCCA Solo Nationals
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I would rather be the reason for rules being written than the person following them.
Posted on: 2008/10/18 1:45

TommyT-Bone Re: Drama at the SCCA Solo Nationals
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33821 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
I would rather be the reason for rules being written than the person following them.

Seems to be a few like that around here.
Posted on: 2008/10/18 2:36

Schrade Re: Drama at the SCCA Solo Nationals
Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

Drama indeed! This is a job for...

Resized Image

The Drama LLAMA!!!!!
Posted on: 2008/10/18 3:04

Resized Image

JrRifleCoach Re: Drama at the SCCA Solo Nationals
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Reading some of the history of the SCCA, they were some fine and upstanding gentlemen. They didn't put up with any bull$#!+. Their rules of coduct were pretty strict. In todays society where any form of disrespect is tolerated, the SCCA is an example of tradition and expects it's members to act appropriately. Unfortunately, many people today have no concept of manners or respect for themselves or others.

Tommy, You could not have said this any better.

Conduct unbecoming that of a sportsman is a lost golden rule.

The "now" generation has disabled all rules of appropriate behavior and replaced them with an "Act like your on Jerry Springer" rule. We can see this happening in our schools, in stores and on the roads. The word cooperation has been replaced with fuck-you. The ability to offer courtesy to a stranger, is non existent. Try offering the common courtesy of holding a door open for a young gal and see if she says thank-you. Your lucky to even get someones attention with your turn signal when attempting to change lanes.

To hear that this years S2 and ProSolo events have been distinguished with this behaviour leaves me saddened. I remember being present for the birth of the ProSolo Series. A competitor for the opening year of Street Prepared in Salina. Sharing some wonderful years of comradely as a competitor and organizer in the Solo2 ranks. We had some great people and everyone kept each other in-line.

So to hear the grassroots sports have been scarred with the antics of improperly parented and ill behaved jackasses, does not surprise me one bit.
Posted on: 2008/10/18 4:20

BillH Re: Drama at the SCCA Solo Nationals
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:

Tommy, You could not have said this any better.

Conduct unbecoming that of a sportsman is a lost golden rule.

The "now" generation has disabled all rules of appropriate behavior and replaced them with an "Act like your on Jerry Springer" rule. We can see this happening in our schools, in stores and on the roads. The word cooperation has been replaced with fuck-you. The ability to offer courtesy to a stranger, is non existent. Try offering the common courtesy of holding a door open for a young gal and see if she says thank-you. Your lucky to even get someones attention with your turn signal when attempting to change lanes.

To hear that this years S2 and ProSolo events have been distinguished with this behaviour leaves me saddened. I remember being present for the birth of the ProSolo Series. A competitor for the opening year of Street Prepared in Salina. Sharing some wonderful years of comradely as a competitor and organizer in the Solo2 ranks. We had some great people and everyone kept each other in-line.

So to hear the grassroots sports have been scarred with the antics of improperly parented and ill behaved jackasses, does not surprise me one bit.

Very well put Jr.

Thankfully I haven't seen this much around here.
And the organizers, both San Francisco SCCA and NASA, where I race are totally professional.

But the idiot ratio is slowly creeping up.

I hope the offenders get banned.
Posted on: 2008/10/18 14:11

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.