Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
208 user(s) are online (180 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Thursday Chat 12.17.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

And good morning, Bill. It's Thursday. It's also the 17th of December. It's a bit chilly in Reno, expect to see a high of around 42* and partly cloudy. It should get cold overnight, seeing a temp of around 22* with light winds. Luckily the chance of precipitation is only 10%. Anything else you'd like to know?

It was tough getting up this morning....I looked at the alarm clock and thought to myself "do I really get up this early?" The answer was yes, although I wish it hadn't been.

Was dealing with the smoke detectors at the in-laws house yesterday evening. Apparently they all wanted to go off at the same time. Seriously. Not due to a fire, but due to age and lack of maintenance. Batteries never changed, never had the dust blown out. So after going deaf for about an hour I still couldn't get them to work out properly. A couple are legitimately bad, won't test properly, not sure about the others. Told FIL it's easier just to buy new ones for $6 each. The average lifespan of a smoke detector (at least an unmaintained one) is only like 5-7 years. So check those batteries and blow them out with compressed air every once in a while.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/12/17 12:43

BillH Re: Thursday Chat 12.17.09
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

And good morning, Bill. It's Thursday. It's also the 17th of December. It's a bit chilly in Reno, expect to see a high of around 42* and partly cloudy. It should get cold overnight, seeing a temp of around 22* with light winds. Luckily the chance of precipitation is only 10%. Anything else you'd like to know?

Yea, What are the winning numbers for Friday's lottery?

How many days until Christmas?

R U buying me a new ZR1 for Christmas?
Posted on: 2009/12/17 14:53

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 12.17.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Morning guys, it's been a bit hectic today. The kids are definitely getting yancy. Tomorrow is going to be a total mess.
Posted on: 2009/12/17 17:12

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Thursday Chat 12.17.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Fun day so far - meetings, followed by more meetings, followed by wolfing my lunch down, followed by more meetings.
Posted on: 2009/12/17 17:41

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CSS996 Re: Thursday Chat 12.17.09
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Hello there.

Been on the site here and there, but not posting much.

My Lincoln has been causing me some problems. I got the extended warranty, and that has helped, but I guess you need to take the intake manifold off to change the spark plugs, and that was maintenance, not warranty work.

Car was sputtering, like a cylinder was not firing, then popping back to life every once in awhile. My cruise control switch went bad. Seat heater went out. Power steering was making a noise.

I had a small pile of money lying around that I was going to light on fire, but I let the dealership do the work, and the pile disappeared.

I picked the car up after the tune up, but had to wait for the parts for the other stuff. I drove the car about a hour, and it sputtered...

Took the car back in when the parts for the other crap came in.

They cleaned the MAF, and the car seems to run fine now, but the newly installed seat heater went out after an hour, and the steering they said they fixed was still making the same noise.

All this for $866.

So I told the Lincoln dealership the ass that worked on the car was not to touch it again. They have another tech scheduled to look at the car again on Monday.

How can I take a car in for four different things, and they only fix one correctly the first time. WTF? (Cruise control seems to work fine now) w00t!

While I was starting the process of this car repair garbage, my wife had an episode one evening where she had chest pains and numbness in her arms. You can guess what we were thinking... Heart Attack.

But after a lot of tests, they cannot find anything wrong wit her. That's almost as scary as if they had. I personally know of three people that have died in our area hospitals while getting fairly routine procedures done, so I've got about as much faith in our health care system as I do the Lincoln dealership.

Work has been fairly busy. I just don't understand how I'm working so much but not making any money. Strange isn't it? I'm sure that's happening to everyone these days...

Anyway, I'm still a busy dude, so I need to get back to the grind. I'll still check in, and attempt to do whatever moderator duties I can. Which has been about none, recently. Sorry about that...

Take care and enjoy the holidays.
Posted on: 2009/12/17 17:44

Sweet90 Re: Thursday Chat 12.17.09
Elite Guru
Edmonton, Alberta
1143 Posts

Nice to hear from you Chris, we were beginning to worry.
Hope your wife feels better, and you get that damn Lincoln fixed.

Jim
Posted on: 2009/12/17 20:37

1Fast04Vert Re: Thursday Chat 12.17.09
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Spent the morning getting my Christmas shopping done, came home and got it all wrapped and set to go. Then I felt unusually energetic so I went out back and cut and split a cart full of firewood. Supposed to rain tomorrow so I guess that will be a laid back kind of day.

That Lincoln sounds like a mess. Am I reading you right that they charged you $866 for spark plugs? Ridiculous!
Posted on: 2009/12/17 21:20

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat 12.17.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Chris - good to see you posting again. Sucks about the lincoln, though. I'd be swearing up a storm! Hope they figure out what's going on with the wife - that can be scary not know what is going on. And quit being such a stranger, you know posting relieves stress

Bill, the winning numbers are 12, 18, 23, 34, 41, 42. Now figure out for which lottery and on which Friday

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/12/17 23:01

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.