Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
265 user(s) are online (210 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L80E
Automatic Transmission - 4 Speed

1st Gear: 2.43
2nd Gear: 1.49
3rd Gear: 1.00
4th Gear: 0.75

Reverse: 2.07

- Used in production GM models...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 12.22.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, it's snowing. Supposed to get a little bit today. Weather.com says it'll change to drizzle later....mmmm even better. Ugh.

My buddy called me last night, needs some labor help today. He's got a construction company and does a lot of insurance work. Has a house that needs drywall and floors ripped out of and he's short workers. So I'm his guy. Should be fun. I like doing demo for a few hours, gets out some frustration. But I wouldn't want to do it every day.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/12/22 13:22

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 12.22.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Nice to pick up a few extra bucks over the holidays anyway, Matt! And it sounds like a good day to be indoors. We got a little snow, and it messed up traffic more than it should have. Lots more on the way, they say. I think I'll take tomorrow off and avoid whatever is coming.

Have a great day, everyone!
Posted on: 2009/12/22 13:34

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 12.22.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I'll be playing catch up all week. Today looks like yard, pool and outside stuff. Cool but liveable weather for SoFlo. Started up all the cars yesterday and ran them a bit. Two needed a little battery boost. The alarm systems run them down in a couple of weeks if you don't use them. Outside of that all was well.
Posted on: 2009/12/22 15:25

CasetheCorvetteman Re: Tuesday Chat 12.22.09
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Its Wednesday here ;)

Been busy wiring in my new place, later on today ill wire in the 3 phase socket outlet and a couple single phase outlets.

Here is a quick pic of my work anyway:

Attach file:

jpg  P1000839.JPG (350.47 KB)
406_4b30e9b8d78ce.jpg 1306X980 px
Posted on: 2009/12/22 15:46

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Its Wednesday here ;)

Been busy wiring in my new place, later on today ill wire in the 3 phase socket outlet and a couple single phase outlets.

Here is a quick pic of my work anyway:

Attach file:

jpg  P1000839.JPG (350.47 KB)
406_4b30e9bf0360b.jpg 1306X980 px
Posted on: 2009/12/22 15:46

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 12.22.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

I just got home from helping the wife prepare and hand out the Christmas baskets for the needy in our county. This afternoon I was in charge of the turkeys....literally 12-14 lbers. I picked them up this morning about 1500 lbs worth in my pickup....that made her squat some.

I'm pretty pooped now, but what a great feeling to be able to help out those in need. Most are very grateful for the basket.
Posted on: 2009/12/22 22:24

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 12.22.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Well I beat myself up today. Tearing up floors in this three level rental house was an absolute bear. I came home and the only thing I wanted to do was shower. I actually shoveled about 3 inches of snow first, but that's just one of those things you've gotta do. After that I ate a pizza and drank a soda and relaxed. Had a real craving for junk food. Then I fixed one of the shades that was broken and now I'm getting ready to go to ikea with the same neighbor I was working for so he can pick up some book shelves. My day is never done!

BTW, Case - those electrical hook ups look like kids toys - seriously! Are they all plastic?

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/12/22 23:48

vetteblondie Re: Tuesday Chat 12.22.09
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

Not a good day for me, confrontation with recent exbf, stoped by to get a gift card I'd won to his Sat night christmas party and his new gf was there up in the crib with all the family. wasn't pretty. funny how he's been here off and on last two weeks pretending to be trying to get bck in good graces.....
I've managed to run into all his best friends and when they ask about him - I TELL them....
here's the lowdown: She weights around 300 or so, has tongue and eyebrow pierced, older than me, got caught screwing her daughter's 19year old bf, is supposedly married, possibly separated, and has given him some prescription narcotics which after who I saw today, I'm sure his boss will soon find out about.
is there anyone out there who can treat someone decent?
I paid all the bills here an shit, and this has been going on behind my back for 2 months. he said 2 weeks.
says it's all my fault, bla bla bla, what it really is:
he met firend at work, got interested, started driving a wedge between us, got more interested enough to pick a fight with me so he could leave and be with that.
And, I've lost four family members this year, one coworker, two firends with serious health problems, my own health problems, job loss, car broke, house sale fell through, hot water heater broke now and here it is the holdiays when i need my partner the most and he pulls this shit and dumps me in the ditch for that.
Seriously - are there any good ones out there?
Posted on: 2009/12/23 6:36

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

How the hell did i post that twice?

Quote:

Matatk wrote:

BTW, Case - those electrical hook ups look like kids toys - seriously! Are they all plastic?

Matthew

Which parts do you mean mate? Ill explain abit of it for ya, just from that statement you made it appears you are in the electrical trade or have seen abit of it. The main switch on the left has 25mm copper cable going in at the top, and the ones comming out the bottom are 16mm each, two for each phase ( one lot feeding the first 3 pole breaker, and the 2nd lot feeding the 4 pole RCD ), and all plastic coated. I bent them up like that myself. As far as the breakers and 2 RCDs go, ofcourse they are plastic, what else would they be?

This is a domestic switchboard, no reason to go any more overboard than i allready have, with what is coming in cable wise, you could feed 3 very large sized houses from that. Our voltage here ( 230volts on single phase and 400 volts on 3 phase ) is higher than you have there, so our cable sizes dont need to be as large, cause with a higher voltage, more work can be done with less current.

Since the human body requires an AC voltage about 50 volts or higher in order to overcome the resistance, and it only takes a current of around 200mA to cause cardiac arrest, these higher voltages are no more dangerous than the lower voltages used in some other countries.

Does that clear it up for you? Im not quite sure what bit you wanted to know about!!
Posted on: 2009/12/23 10:27

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 12.22.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Not a good day for me, confrontation with recent exbf, stoped by to get a gift card I'd won to his Sat night christmas party and his new gf was there up in the crib with all the family. wasn't pretty. funny how he's been here off and on last two weeks pretending to be trying to get bck in good graces.....
I've managed to run into all his best friends and when they ask about him - I TELL them....
here's the lowdown: She weights around 300 or so, has tongue and eyebrow pierced, older than me, got caught screwing her daughter's 19year old bf, is supposedly married, possibly separated, and has given him some prescription narcotics which after who I saw today, I'm sure his boss will soon find out about.
is there anyone out there who can treat someone decent?
I paid all the bills here an shit, and this has been going on behind my back for 2 months. he said 2 weeks.
says it's all my fault, bla bla bla, what it really is:
he met firend at work, got interested, started driving a wedge between us, got more interested enough to pick a fight with me so he could leave and be with that.
And, I've lost four family members this year, one coworker, two firends with serious health problems, my own health problems, job loss, car broke, house sale fell through, hot water heater broke now and here it is the holdiays when i need my partner the most and he pulls this shit and dumps me in the ditch for that.
Seriously - are there any good ones out there?

I feel for you Blondie. The best way to move forward is to sever your connections (and anchors) to the past. I have experienced some trying times and have personally witnessed how lives can change and situations get much, much better with new approaches, new people and a new environment. It's not running from the past but changing your future. Life can be good. Ultimately, we are the ones that hold the reins. Sometimes the one who does the most damage to us is ourselves. Many of the problems you mentioned are more of an inconveinience and are correctable. Fix what you can, accept what you can't change and move forward. Even if it's a slow trudge. If you can't go through it go around it.
The best years of your life could be just around the next bend.
Posted on: 2009/12/23 11:57

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 12.22.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

VB - sorry to hear about the troubles with dopey! It sucks around the holiday season.

Case - I've done electrical before when I worked construction, hated it. Electricity scares me. When we remodeled my basement I had an electrician do it. As far as the boxes, they are just so colorful and looks strange to me, I guess not much more or less plastic used in those as in American electrical components
Posted on: 2009/12/23 13:52

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Im still not sure what boxes youre meaning here, there is only one box, and its creamy grey in colour. You can only see part of it!!

There are very few American made electrical components sold over here that i have ever seen, and ive never seen a circut breaker or RCD that was not encased in plastic. All but one of those in that box there is made in France by Hager. 2nd from the left is made in Australia by Clipsal.

There is no more plastic or colour in there than there is on any electrical system that is colour coded correctly in this country. Red insulation indicates 1st phase, white indicates 2nd phase, and blue indicates 3rd phase. Black is neutral. Green and gold is earth. Electric Orange is the colour used for plastic conduit that is HEAVY DUTY for underground use. Grey is used for medium duty. That is an Australia and New Zealand standard colour coding.

I guess id have to see some pictures of what youre used to seeing to know what parts in a domestic setup are different over there. If you can show me some ill be able to understand where youre coming from!!

If youre not an electrician, you shouldnt be doing your own electrical work anyway. Glad to see you dont, cause anyone that does without the proper education or guidance is mad. You could kill yourself, burn a place down, or kill someone else.

Electricity cant harm you when it is turned off, but if things are not correctly done when you turn it on, you or someone else could become dead very quickly!!
Posted on: 2009/12/23 17:34

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.