Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
277 user(s) are online (224 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60E
1994-1996, the 4L60 with Electronic Control. From what I have seen, it seems a bit more durable....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Monday Chat 01.11.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

We (as in the baby and I) just got up, so we're a little delayed. She did her (recently) normal up at 2 am for a bottle last night and since wifey is working today I was the go-to guy. Doesn't bother me. Even though wife said "no milk" daddy says milk works, she sleeps better and doesn't wake up anymore. So 4 oz of milk later, she was juuuuuuuust fine.

Got a chance on Sunday to his the sporting goods store. Picked up a new heavy duty floor mat, a new dip belt (you hang a weight from it for doing pull ups), and a new KB...65 lbs. Should be a killer but looking forward to it.

How was everyone's weekend?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/1/11 14:34

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 01.11.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Bearings on one of the three irrigation pumps took a dive. The pump is over 10 years old so looks like we'll be getting a new one. We have a "go to" pump guy so I'm off the hook on this one as far as replacement goes. There are a lot of pvc connections and joints that I really don't care to mess with. He runs the pumps for out of state owners and has his own irrigation systems business to boot. I have to get all the boating stuff up to snuff for next week. Temps are supposed to start climbing and should have highs in the 70's again soon. What a difference a day makes or in this case a week. I've been kinda trapped inside the last few days and I'm more of a fair weather outdoor person. Looking forward to getting back into my routine. I'm glad I'm one of those people that has the mindset."Shit happens!" You just have to be willing to do something about it. Bitchin about it doesn't accomplish anything but it sure seems to feel good. :ace:
Posted on: 2010/1/11 15:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

BillH Re: Monday Chat 01.11.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I'm glad I'm one of those people that has the mindset.Shit happens

That has no bearing on fixin' your pumps does it?
Posted on: 2010/1/11 15:26

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
That has no bearing on fixin' yor pumps does it?

Bearing ... ha,ha,ha.
Posted on: 2010/1/11 15:35

BillH Re: Monday Chat 01.11.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Two days of fog here, freezing fog. This ain't supposed to happen here, it's the Sierra Nevada high desert for gawd's sake. Rant Off.
Posted on: 2010/1/11 15:44

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 01.11.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I just read that only 5% of the orange crop was lost, so I guess that's a silver lining. My sister said it was a balmy 27 this morning down in her neck of the Florida woods. Things are looking up here, supposed to warm up a little each day all week. Time to stock up on windshield washer fluid.
Posted on: 2010/1/11 17:13

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I just saw the local news. Some farmers are saying it won't be a total loss but there is some heavy losses. Last night was the worst night for the cold. Recheck that data in a couple days. 5% is way too low in my opinion. I saw the squash is toast, tomato blossoms burned and fruits are falling off the plant. Corn stalks are fried. They said Florida farming is a 200 billion dollar a year industry. No one has anything good to say about this here.
Posted on: 2010/1/11 17:32

teebee Re: Monday Chat 01.11.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

hey guys, It's a beautiful day here in SW Kansas. 55* right now and sunny. Like Tommy said, what a difference a week makes. We had the freezing fog last week....sure makes the trees and everything pretty, but the roads...not so pretty. We are supposed to have 'seasonal' weather for the next week or so. That's good.

I have a couple of computers to work on in the next couple of days, and tomorrow I have a good sized load of lumber being delivered for a couple of cabinet jobs I have lined up. They say "there's no rest for the wicked"...I must be the most wicked man on earth....or the craziest.
Posted on: 2010/1/11 20:19

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I thought it was no rest for the weary. I understand it either way. Is there such a thing as workaholics anonymous?
Posted on: 2010/1/11 22:17

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.