Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
283 user(s) are online (237 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Off Topic  > 
 Register To Post

JrRifleCoach
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

http://standwitharizona.com/blog/2011 ... s-funding-illegal-aliens/

Obama said his healthcare plan would not cover illegal aliens – twice. Wilson said “You lie!” to the outrage of many, and for which he was later censured by Pelosi & Co.

Well, it turns out Wilson was right, and we didn’t even have to wait for the full rollout of ObamaCare in 2014 to see it.

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced on Tuesday that it has awarded $28.8 million to 67 community health centers with funds from the Obamacare health reform law. But as part of that sum, CNS reports that ”approximately $8.5 million will be used by 25 New Access Point awardees to target services to migrant and seasonal farm workers,” and an HHS official said:

“grant recipients will not check the immigration status of people seeking services. ‘Health centers do not, as a matter of routine practice, ask about or collect data on citizenship or other matters not related to the treatment needs of the patients seeking health services at the center,’ Further, the grant recipients are ‘required to serve all residents’ who walk through their doors”.

So say it again, Joe Wilson: Obama lied. Since “at least” 25% of these “migrant” agricultural workers are illegal aliens, according to the Pew Hispanic Center, that means it will be guaranteed that tens of thousands of illegal aliens will be covered under ObamaCare.
Posted on: 2011/8/12 7:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14748 Posts

Somehow I am not surprised......one year and a couple of months.....the clock is ticking. If there are more folks taking then making, we are in for a long ride.....
Posted on: 2011/8/12 13:35

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

BeachBum
Master Guru
751 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:
http://standwitharizona.com/blog/2011 ... s-funding-illegal-aliens/

Obama said his healthcare plan would not cover illegal aliens – twice. Wilson said “You lie!” to the outrage of many, and for which he was later censured by Pelosi & Co.

Well, it turns out Wilson was right, and we didn’t even have to wait for the full rollout of ObamaCare in 2014 to see it.

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced on Tuesday that it has awarded $28.8 million to 67 community health centers with funds from the Obamacare health reform law. But as part of that sum, CNS reports that ”approximately $8.5 million will be used by 25 New Access Point awardees to target services to migrant and seasonal farm workers,” and an HHS official said:

“grant recipients will not check the immigration status of people seeking services. ‘Health centers do not, as a matter of routine practice, ask about or collect data on citizenship or other matters not related to the treatment needs of the patients seeking health services at the center,’ Further, the grant recipients are ‘required to serve all residents’ who walk through their doors”.

So say it again, Joe Wilson: Obama lied. Since “at least” 25% of these “migrant” agricultural workers are illegal aliens, according to the Pew Hispanic Center, that means it will be guaranteed that tens of thousands of illegal aliens will be covered under ObamaCare.

Let me get this straight....we have a trillion dollar healthcare program, of which 28.8 million is going to 67 community health centers, of that, 8.5 million dollars is being utilized for services to migrant and seasonal farm workers of which approx. 25% are labeled as Illegal immigrants, therefore, approxmiately 2.1 million dollars might be utilized to assist illegal workers because the community health centers as policy do not, nor have they ever checked or collected information on citizenship.

This is a Trillion dollar healthcare plan and this is what you want to talk about ? 2.1 million which is what ?... a tiny fraction of a single percent.

My question.... does it say in the plan that this money is to go specifically towards illegal immigrants or non-citizens ? This is some remote loophole in the system that accounts for .0001% of the plan.... silly stuff guys. I'm not a fan of Obamacare, but my god, if you're going to attack the program or try to justify Wilson's classless blurt, find something real. And I doubt if Obama is even aware that somehow .0001% of his trillion dollar program has somehow slipped to what could be potentially illegal immigrants.
Posted on: 2011/8/12 14:27

teebee
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

As far as I am concerned if $1 goes to them it's more than it should. As far as "Bambi" not knowing, I'll bet he does. And I'll bet there are other loop holes in that massive plan going to illegals.
Posted on: 2011/8/12 15:49

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman
Huskerland
14748 Posts

Once the gates are open the flood will come.....
Posted on: 2011/8/12 16:34

BeachBum
Master Guru
751 Posts

In my opinion, it is nothing more than building invisible bridges if we start connecting dots that are not factual.

I will say, its a difficult subject matter.... but, a lot of people do not understand that there is a big group of illegal immigrants that have a tax id number and pay into our Federal income just as anybody does, which includes social security and medicare. Thus, to say they don't deserve a single dollar considering they paid in hundreds of millions might be a bit harsh. This doesn't even include the local/state taxes they paid via income tax and sales tax and property taxes.

But, I concede, I do not know the bottom dollar on cost, but I don't think anybody else does either, therefore, its impossible for myself to come to a conclusion on the matter without all of the facts. The below is what one pundit says on the subject.

Are illegal immigrants a net drain on the system?
Although certain news programs and partisan research institutes would like you to believe otherwise, there is no simple answer to this question. At the federal level, it appears that undocumented immigrants pay in slightly more than they take out. Figures vary greatly at the state and local levels. Areas with higher concentrations of undocumented immigrants, for example, spend more educating and providing emergency healthcare to undocumented immigrants than areas with lower concentrations.

But this is not because undocumented immigrants are out to evade taxes and milk the system —as we learned above, most pay sales, property, and income taxes automatically and are ineligible for the vast majority of social services. Rather, the reason undocumented immigrants may take out more than they contribute has mostly to do with their status as low wage earners.

Even if they use the same amount of public services as wealthier households, low-income households (be they made up of citizens or immigrants) are generally a net drain on public finances because our regressive system requires them to pay less income tax and by virtue of having less purchasing power, they pay less sales and property tax.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/0 ... politics/main549153.shtml

http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/t ... -10-immigrantstaxes_N.htm

http://roygermano.wordpress.com/2011/ ... gal-immigrants-pay-taxes/
Posted on: 2011/8/12 17:28

bogus
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Here is another aspect... one no one really addresses when it comes to a viable health care system.

Accessibility saves lives. And not just the lives of the patient.

Think about it for a second. You have people coming in all the time, from Mexico, Canada, Asia... It doesn't matter. Many, especially from Latin America and Asia, may not have had access to good medical treatment.

They could bring disease with them. Nothing we can do to stop them from coming in, but we can stop them from spreading H1N1 or something even gnarlier.

Historically, the treatment at medical clinics have risen above political bullshit and taken the Hippocratic oath seriously. They are sancturaries where people can be healed, not accused. For example, if I was visiting Europe, and got ill, I could walk into any clinic, without a bill.
Posted on: 2011/8/12 19:54

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

BeachBum
Master Guru
751 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
For example, if I was visiting Europe, and got ill, I could walk into any clinic, without a bill.

Despite spending a lot of time in Europe over my life, I did not know that.
Posted on: 2011/8/12 20:36

JrRifleCoach
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Does not matter much as obambi care is now Officially UNCONSTITUTIONAL!

bogus wrote:
For example, if I was visiting Europe, and got ill, I could walk into any clinic, without a bill.

Still somebody has to pay. As we watch all those other countries go into bankruptcy........
Posted on: 2011/8/13 1:47
As democracy is perfected, the POTUS represents more closely the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a fool and narcissistic moron.

bogus
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

since when is ObamaCare unconstitutional? It hasn't been adjudicated yet.

From the Denver Post:

http://www.denverpost.com/frontpage/ci_18667402?source=rss

Read the first segment.
Posted on: 2011/8/13 4:14

JrRifleCoach
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Read the headline. Next is the rest of the bullshit bill...

Once the gates are open the flood will come.....

The camel's nose is under the tent.

How do you eat an Elephant? One bite at a time.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/0 ... are-idUSTRE77B4J320110812
Posted on: 2011/8/13 4:24
As democracy is perfected, the POTUS represents more closely the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a fool and narcissistic moron.

bogus
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I stand by my prior statement, Steve.

If you read the article I linked, you would see where the issue won't be fully flushed out until the Supreme Court decides the issue. The issue in question has been getting decisions from courts either way... so one appellate decision isn't the end of this.

Personally, this is too big an issue to take any credence from the appellate courts. This is one where the Supreme Court must make the final say, and I suspect they will vote AGAINST the mandate. Just my feeling, but that does not make it law. The Court is stock full of constitutional purists, so they will always side with the constitution.
Posted on: 2011/8/13 15:16

vetteblondie
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4654 Posts

Nice, an illegal can get free care but strange that I've held a job all my life and paid into the 'system' and since I'm a single white female and actual U.S. resident....while unemployed, I still was required to pay a portion of my health care and did not qualify for food stamps and my unemployment was only $550 per month....
Yay, Obama... now will those who voted him into office please stand?
That's what I thought.
Posted on: 2011/8/13 17:59

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

BeachBum
Master Guru
751 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Nice, an illegal can get free care but strange that I've held a job all my life and paid into the 'system' and since I'm a single white female and actual U.S. resident....while unemployed, I still was required to pay a portion of my health care and did not qualify for food stamps and my unemployment was only $550 per month....
That's what I thought.

I am not sure how to respond to this.... for the simple reason, is that of all the people on this board, he's trying to help you the most based upon the above described situation by yourself, but the right is fighting him on that. And yet, you're anti-Obama.... the irony. You are aware, that ObamaCare would provide healthcare for those who cannot afford it as it appears you might have been while unemployed ?.... the other system of no ObamaCare means you keep doing what you're complaining about, because nothing changes from what it is now, if anything, services diminish based upon the cuts the right want to make in social healthcare.... I suspect Medicare/Medicaid are going to be hurt pretty hard in the coming decade, but not sure.

If anybody should be a supporter of him on this board, its you based upon what you are describing above.

I am personally not supporting for or against ObamaCare.... I have never studied the issue close enough to come to a definitive conclusion, but I do know, with his system everybody buys insurance that can afford it, and those that cannot afford it are provided healthcare on some level or at least that is what I think the basic building block of it is, somebody correct me if I am wrong. Apparently, in Mass, as instituted by Romney, this system is working with a high citizen approval rate and I read somewhere that it actually saved them money..... I don't know if that is true myself.

And it certainly doesn't appear any substantial amount of it is designed for non-citizens on any level. (Even though they too have paid hundreds of millions into the system as per my earlier links)

It does beg the question, Romney said he is against it on a Federal level, because it won't work for the USA, but works great for the state of MA..... I do not completely understand that. They have rich people, middle class and poor people in MA, just like the rest of the country....he either flipped on this subject because of the platform he has to follow to appease both his party and the tea-party or there is something else he's not talking about..... I don't know.

Good discussion though.
Posted on: 2011/8/13 19:47

vetteblondie
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4654 Posts

Quote:

BeachBum wrote:
Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
That's what I thought.

I am not sure how to respond to this.... for the simple reason, is that of all the people on this board, he's trying to help you the most based upon the above described situation by yourself, but the right is fighting him on that. And yet, you're anti-Obama.... the irony. You are aware, that ObamaCare would provide healthcare for those who cannot afford it as it appears you might have been while unemployed ?.... the other system of no ObamaCare means you keep doing what you're complaining about, because nothing changes from what it is now, if anything, services diminish based upon the cuts the right want to make in social healthcare.... I suspect Medicare/Medicaid are going to be hurt pretty hard in the coming decade, but not sure.

If anybody should be a supporter of him on this board, its you based upon what you are describing above.

I am personally not supporting for or against ObamaCare.... I have never studied the issue close enough to come to a definitive conclusion, but I do know, with his system everybody buys insurance that can afford it, and those that cannot afford it are provided healthcare on some level or at least that is what I think the basic building block of it is, somebody correct me if I am wrong. Apparently, in Mass, as instituted by Romney, this system is working with a high citizen approval rate and I read somewhere that it actually saved them money..... I don't know if that is true myself.

And it certainly doesn't appear any substantial amount of it is designed for non-citizens on any level. (Even though they too have paid hundreds of millions into the system as per my earlier links)

It does beg the question, Romney said he is against it on a Federal level, because it won't work for the USA, but works great for the state of MA..... I do not completely understand that. They have rich people, middle class and poor people in MA, just like the rest of the country....he either flipped on this subject because of the platform he has to follow to appease both his party and the tea-party or there is something else he's not talking about..... I don't know.

Good discussion though.

I'm not quite sure how to respond to you either, given the fact you dont know me yet you choose to blast me.
Not sure how you figure Obama was trying to help me the most when I see people who have jobs and new vehicles get all kinds of gov't assisance and I had no job of any kind and got nothing.
Am I mad? No, not really - just the people here that 'work the system'. I'm a little more honest I suppose.
In a perfect world, as the system was originally intended? Yes, I'd agree that people like me who are in TEMPORARY distress would receive aid as needed. But here in Arkansas, we have those who milk the system and ruin it for everyone and nothing gets done. Those elderly and others that truly need it end up going without.
I attended a medical facility that is 'supposed' to divvy out 'free' heathcare for those who are unemployed, etc - a free clinic and I literally had ZERO income for three months yet my minimum payment, although not much but huge when you have none was $35, and I did not receive free meds, light bill help, hud or any other of those services that a lot of my neighbors received. no real explanation was ever given to me.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to call anyone out or blast anyone just looking back at my personal experiences. I'm the minority here - not retired, or wealthy or married, etc. Just a single working person who happened to befall on bad luck for a bit.
However, in MY AREA IN ARKANSAS....
If I was a crack head, or here illegally or had 48 kids and 48 different daddies adn drove an Escalade, sure I'd get all the help I needed. I see it every day here. They know how to 'work' the system.
I do not agree with his thinking that ObamaCare should be freely given to illegals. They SHOULD however, get a free bus ticket home. That right there is my stand on it all, and ANY president that sees otherwise does not have my support, period.
I feel grateful to have found employment fast. But, I WAS LOOKING. They don't around here. Around here, the system entices people to stay on it instead of helping themselves improve their situations.
I did not vote for Obama and frankly could care less for him and all the problems he has caused.
I work for a living and provide for myself and I'll be damned if one red cent of mine goes to any illegal that can't come here and work honestly and pay their due share of taxes. Those that are paying - scooby snack to them. I can show you a dozen living in one house three doors down from me that do not.
I have no problem with government run healthcare so long as it's fair and constitutional and not FORCED.
And, I'm not mad that I didn't receive aid, but am not hapyy that others who do not need it here are the ones who do receive it. Perhaps it's just an Arkansas thing....
and, as you say "good discussion" but it's one that I'm afraid I simply need to duck out of before I piss anyone else off with my bold opinions and smart mouth.
Good evening, all no offense intended.
Posted on: 2011/8/13 23:14

Resized Image

vetteblondie
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4654 Posts

(copied)
Obamacare

At age 76 when you most need it, you are not eligible for cancer treatment

What Nancy Pelosi didn't want us to know until after the healthcare bill was passed. Remember she said, "pass it and then read it!!." Here it is! ______________________________

Obama Care Highlighted by Page Number

THE CARE BILL HB 3200

JUDGE KITHIL IS THE 2ND OFFICIAL WHO HAS OUTLINED THESE PARTS OF THE CARE BILL.

Judge Kithil of Marble Falls, TX - highlighted the most egregious pages of HB3200

Please read this........ especially the reference to pages 58 & 59

JUDGE KITHIL wrote:

** Page 50/section 152: The bill will provide insurance to all non-U.S. residents, even if they are here illegally.

** Page 58 and 59: The government will have real-time access to an individual's bank account and will have the authority to make electronic fund transfers from those accounts.

** Page 65/section 164: The plan will be subsidized (by the government) for all union members, union retirees and for community organizations (such as the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now - ACORN).

** Page 203/line 14-15: The tax imposed under this section will not be treated as a tax. (How could anybody in their right mind come up with that?)

** Page 241 and 253: Doctors will all be paid the same regardless of specialty, and the government will set all doctors' fees.

** Page 272. section 1145: Cancer hospital will ration care according to the patient's age.

** Page 317 and 321: The government will impose a prohibition on hospital expansion; however, communities may petition for an exception.

** Page 425, line 4-12: The government mandates advance-care planning consultations. Those on Social Security will be required to attend an "end-of-life planning" seminar every five years. (Death counseling..)

** Page 429, line 13-25: The government will specify which doctors can write an end-of-life order.

HAD ENOUGH???? Judge Kithil then goes on to identify:

"Finally, it is specifically stated that this bill will not apply to members of Congress. Members of Congress are already exempt from the Social Security system, and have a well-funded private plan that covers their retirement needs. If they were on our Social Security plan, I believe they would find a very quick 'fix' to make the plan financially sound for their future."

- Honorable David Kithil of Marble Falls, Texas
Posted on: 2011/8/13 23:20

Resized Image

crash
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

ohhhh boy coach this stirred the bucket lol.
Posted on: 2011/8/14 0:22

BeachBum
Master Guru
751 Posts

VetteBlondie,

I wasn't blasting you, only responding directly to your post in regards to your situation and relationship of that to ObamaCare. It would have benefited you directly, perhaps you didn't know that.

As a note, the situation you describe about crackheads and mothers with 48 kids in Arkansas, is the same just about everywhere and has been for decades in this country. Nobody wants to support the idiots who smoke crack all day or mothers who have a dozen kids, but have no income.... it becomes a social issue. What do we do ?... let the kids starve or support them. Moral dilema that there are no easy answers for.... I certainly do not have an easy one.

In regards to your perceptions based upon that judges information on ObamaCare.... I think if you do your own research and do not take those things literally, you'll find the majority of those points are simply not true or stretch/spins that do not tell the whole story. For example, there is "definitely" not a provision that denies 77 year old people from cancer treatment.

Go to PolitiFact.com and type in ObamaCare.... you'll see what is reality and what has been spun into something it is not. This is the key to the success of our country.... people cannot believe everything put in front of them, they have to go find the truth and then cast their vote based upon the facts. As a note, illegal resident healthcare in ObamaCare has been covered thoroughly by the media.... there is nothing there.(Beyond emergency healthcare as mandated by both Federal and some state governments, they are entitled to nothing. This is a law that is not new and has been active for a long time)

I'll start you out with the first one....

http://www.politifact.com/florida/sta ... amacare-will-cut-treatme/

Read the last paragraph of the below link.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-met ... lames-obama-health-care-/

Here is an article that address's the actual chain letter you have recited....

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fact ... etter_on_health_care.html

Just something to think about.
Posted on: 2011/8/14 0:33

vetteblondie
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4654 Posts

BeachBum...Thank you for posting links, and no offense taken and you're correct - I have no idea that would ahve benefited me directly.
But, when it comes to providing for illegals when us 'legal' ones have trouble getting needed assistance I get torqued up.
Living in a box called Arkansas, you often feel as if the 'moms with 48 kids' and such is native only to here. Seems other states (at least on the inside looking out) have more control over their systems. It also does not help the media will take on the worst of the rumors and push those which stirs up the public including people like me.
The kids in all this? They're innocent. Support them? Cruel not to. But, when I had a girl friend of mine say one time that she considered getting pregnant again cause it would get her another $xxx per month, I bout lost it. And, I know there are a lot of other women out there like that as well.
We could go on and on about this, but there's no foolproof plan in my opinion, but options should be available for those that do need it and can't afford other options.
then again, if those 'other options' weren't so over priced then that would make things a lot easier. And, in any plan there must be guidelines and limits whether we like them or not.
In the end we all pay for all of it no matter what.
Posted on: 2011/8/14 1:47

Resized Image

istter1
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

I was raised with 3 sisters and no brothers. Vetteblondie opinion is how I was raised.
I love the job I have but,some of the parents (legal) have the same feelings. When I receive the papers from S.S. for me to sigh to prove their children are in school it bothers me when some of these familys have 6-8 kids. These parent are part of the system that has failed. They grow up with the knowledge of how to beat the system. Like most goverment programs we make free money and housing easy for them.

As my departed mother would say if goverment is messed up vote them out and find someone that will do the job. Get rid of the good old boys.

Steve
Posted on: 2011/8/14 2:11

BeachBum
Master Guru
751 Posts

VetteBlondie,

I pretty much agree with you.... I think its horrible that a certain breed of people take advantage of the system. In fact, I think people on both sides of the aisle do not approve of this. The problem comes in, that on the flip-side, there are a lot of hard-working people who truly need and should receive assistance due to legitimate hard-luck issues related to the this economic environment. We can't end the programs because of them, but the desire of policymakers diminishes due to the 1st group of abusers.

No easy answers.... I've always felt that better management of entitlement programs was necessary. The distinct goal of getting people off entitlements and/or confirming abuse, thus kicking them off. Problem is, it would be costly in the beginning due to the manpower/management to really get involved with people on entitlement programs to understand their problems and which group they are in and how to help them. Nobody would vote to initially put more money into something we hope to reduce or eliminate in the first place. But, I feel long term it would be cheaper, that is, if done right and they are actually able to get people off. But, I don't know.... complex problem.

As far as illegal residents receiving healthcare in this country, if they are here just to abuse the system (and many probably are), then no, but on the flip-side, as per the links I posted much earlier in this thread, millions are paying Federal, State & Local taxes just like you and me....so I'm not so quick to just automatically declare all of them in-elgible for any benefits. Another tough subject matter in which I'll never pretend to know the answers too... because I don't know them.

I do think we need to lock-up the borders and know who is coming and going.... makes too much sense in today's world of terrorism.
Posted on: 2011/8/14 2:53

bogus
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Newsflash: HB3200 was abandoned. It isn't the bill that was passed.

Also, read this link for some breakdowns of the bullshit:

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/h/health-plan.htm
Posted on: 2011/8/14 3:21

JrRifleCoach
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:The Court is stock full of constitutional purists, so they will always side with the constitution.

Seriously..... You say "purists" like its bad.

This liberial congress has pummeled us with crap for too long.
It is time the Constitution is upheld.
Posted on: 2011/8/14 4:53

bogus
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Man, you really read a lot into nothing.

I never implied shit about the Court. The phrase "stock full" is a standard term used to describe the majority voting pattern. And in this case, it is "stock full of constitutional purists."

If this is the best you can harp on, you really need to work a bit harder.

I respect constitutional purists, but I also believe that the document, no matter how brilliant, can't predict the future. This is why it has a built in mechanism to revise it for future needs.

As for ObamaCare? All I want are facts. If that means I read a 1990 page law, that may be what it takes.
Posted on: 2011/8/14 5:47

BillH
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
All I want are facts. If that means I read a 1990 page law, that may be what it takes.

If you read it, you're doing better than the beltway idiots.
Posted on: 2011/8/14 14:07

JrRifleCoach
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Well Andy the fact is that obambi care is not going to become the answer to "free health care". It will take some time for the liberal zealots to realize how they're paychecks/earnings/futures will be taxed to extinction.

If we could just save one spotted owl by destroying our own economy........

This liberal BULLSHIT has got to STOP NOW!!!!!

As to rewriting the Constitution.....
Only the little lambs following the sheep will like the outcome of that.
Posted on: 2011/8/14 16:42

bogus
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I am NOT rewriting the constitution. I wish you would stop putting words into my mouth, damnit.

That's the biggest hypocracy yet.

And I am not going to waste my time defending my prior statement. It stands on its own merits. If you can't handle that, the fuck it, I can't change it.

As for liberal bullshit, define it? Outlawing pet stores? Sure, that's liberal bullshit. Outlaw Brit? No question.

But the concept behind a national health system? That's purely a humanitarian effort. However, if its not done right, then we are all wrong.

And Steve, until YOU read the god damned law, stop pontificating on how much it is going to cost! So far, we have a lot of pundits out there, cherry picking their favourite buzzwords, passing out bullshit emails, and you are believing it like gospel from upon high. The bottom line : WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS LAW MEANS OR SAYS!

You are yelling and screaming about something you don't know. We all are.

Next assignment... READ THE FUCKING LAW.

Here is the link: http://docs.house.gov/rules/health/111_ahcaa.pdf

PDF all 1990 pages.

I am going to start scanning it in my free time.

I figure we can reconvene this argument in about 30-40 days. Cause I am not a speed reader.
Posted on: 2011/8/14 17:30

JrRifleCoach
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Chill dude.

Not saying your saying.

Read the lines, not between them.

Not attacking, just stating.

I know its frustrating standing up to face the heat and support your president.
Just look at it this way, in one year, you can't blame it on Bush anymore.......
Posted on: 2011/8/14 18:21

BeachBum
Master Guru
751 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:
Chill dude.

Not saying your saying.

Read the lines, not between them.

Not attacking, just stating.

I know its frustrating standing up to face the heat and support your president.
Just look at it this way, in one year, you can't blame it on Bush anymore.......

I'm not quite following you.... is Bogus blaming President Bush for something ? I didn't notice anything in this thread where he stated that. If he isn't.... why did you make your statement ?

You made the statement:
"This liberial congress has pummeled us with crap for too long.
It is time the Constitution is upheld." Just for my self-education, can you expand on this and tell me exactly what they are doing against the Constitution ?

You also made the statement:
"Well Andy the fact is that obambi care is not going to become the answer to "free health care". It will take some time for the liberal zealots to realize how they're paychecks/earnings/futures will be taxed to extinction.

If we could just save one spotted owl by destroying our own economy........

This liberal BULLSHIT has got to STOP NOW!!!!!"

I don't understand any of this.... was this supposed to be a free health care thing of some sort ? Any links to who said that ? On the tax thing..... maybe I'm mistaken, but I read the other day, we currently have the lowest tax burden in decades right now.... is that true ? Is this going to change ? If yes, do you have any links I can learn from ? And whats this about a Spotted Owl ? Who exactly wants to ruin the economy over a single spotted owl ?

Your posts appear to be generalized statements based upon something.... I'm just not sure what that is.
Posted on: 2011/8/14 20:22

bogus
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

His posts are generalize right wing rantings against anything that resembles a liberal cause.

In short, unless you are as far right as they are, you are a liberal and part of the problem.

Case in point, I am a moderate. Something I have been stating for eons, but Steve refuses to either hear me or believe me. Or, doesn't think being a moderate is real enough, I don't know which.

I have some left leanings (recycling, green energy, pro-choice) but I also have some right leanings (no new gun controls, reasonable taxes, get rid of the debt, control spending, good national defense, road projects)

However, because I did vote for Obama, I am supposedly kneeling to his alter, and I am not. I voted for Obama because I honestly thought he would bring a change... and this is what I think his change has been:

* More gridlock, mostly caused by the smug left thinking they are right all the time, and the far right who won't budge on shit. In short, it's a catch-22...

* The left is now feeling empowered to create even more nanny nation laws. San Fran actually had a ballot measure to make Brit illegal. Oh, and the selling of fish at pet shops illegal because it is cruel and unusual treatment or something.

* The FAR right has taken over and perverted the tea party concept.

It has gotten to the point where it's like Nixon all over again: If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. And my problem is that the solutions so far suck.

The spotted owl is a metaphor for liberal environmentalists who block important national projects over some poor displaced creature. Think snail darter... there have been a few others.

As for Bush, I still think he was beyond incompetent. At least Obama won his election far and square.... and, to be honest, I think McCain LOST his election with the selection of Palin as VP. It's the Dan Quayle Effect. But on a much more dramatic scale.

I am simply a political observer. I have been observing since I was a kid... and will continue to do so. If you ever read my posts, they are NORMALLY not very accusatory, but more questioning and probing. I also try do discuss the policy and not the man, but can't always separate the two.
Posted on: 2011/8/14 20:42

JrRifleCoach
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Andy, Wow dude you nailed it. But you missed one important point. If you were a Moderate, you would not have voted for obambi. With all the time/energy you spend reading and researching issues and history you ignored BHO's ultra-left leanings and associations with communists and terrorists. Your liberal compass pointed you towards hope and change and that it was all Bushs fault. And that Republicans are a bunch of dinosaurs.

However a good moderate will point out all the bad points of each side and then claim not to be in favor of these points. Instead just waffle and wobble about claiming to not vote cause there is no one to vote for. Your position is firmly placed as a liberal and always will be. I know lots of lefties that favor the 2nd amendment, yet they're always wanting more socialized government programs and intervention. That my friend is liberalism!

I on the other hand am a Constitutionalist and firmly believe that our Rights should not be changed or altered. I choose take a stand against any and all comers that want to or talk about altering these rights.

A tactic of the left is to overpower your opponent with many loud voices, lies & accusations and forcing him to withdraw. You can "observe" all you want, but when you rant about what I consider sacred, you and this board know I will come out with guns blazing.

So when I come to LA next time breakfast is on me. I like talking about cars too.
Posted on: 2011/8/15 14:48

bogus
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

You have really missed the boat... again... you so want to accuse everyone who isn't on the hard political right, that they are liberal, you can't see the forest for the trees.

This means that by definition, a moderate republican is a liberal. A moderate democrat is a liberal. A Libertarian is a liberal.

And in the process, you - the collective you - have demonized the word so much that now the left has taken to using the term "progressive."

And then you - again, the collective you - start tossing in even farther left leaning beliefs like socialism and communism.

Obama had faults. Bush had faults. Clinton had faults. Bush I had faults. Even Reagan had faults. Hell, every president has had strengths and weaknesses as CIC.

If Ike wasn't so overly pragmatic... It's a good thing the recession of 1958 only lasted 18 months. Or that JFK stared down the Russians in Cuba... His presidency had already been rendered impotent by a less than caring congress. LBJ was a hack from day one, but even he knew that the Democrats would lose the south once the Civil Rights Amendment was passed.

My problem with the far right is the cries about socialists and communists... get something new to cry about.

My gripes are closer to home and more realistic:

** National Debt
** Ticky-tack regulations and fees for everything
** Nanny nation laws - this is what will truly take away our freedom
** Special interests that have given away America, one resource and factory at a time.
** The lack of manufacturing.
** The lack of balls to go head to head with these special interest groups that are crippling our abilty to provide future energy or transportation needs
** Cuts gifts for the wealthiest firms... do oil companies that profit $50m need a $3b tax cut?
** Finally, what about the middle class? Something needs to be done with the mortgage and housing issues. I am not not sure what.

I am sure there are others... but my time is limited, those are the heavy hitters in my book.
Posted on: 2011/8/15 17:26

BeachBum
Master Guru
751 Posts

I do not understand the comment "....associations with communists and terrorists" JrRiflecoach has made the above comment.... I've heard it a few times, I think from the far right, but not even sure where I have heard the accusation from.

But, what does it mean ? Who are these people ? I'd like to do my own research into each person that he is associated with that is a communist or terrorist and see what is real. Does anybody have the names of these people ?
Posted on: 2011/8/15 18:05

BeachBum
Master Guru
751 Posts

Bogus, I am the same as you for the most part politically. Although I voted for McCain. I truly thought he was a true Maverick and middle of the aisle guy, which in my opinion is where the solutions are to the countries problems. I have no idea if he would have worked out.... and I agree 100%, the Palin VP thing lost him the election.

But, with Obama, while I think he appears to be a weak & slow reacting leader, I didn't give him much of a chance anyway. He was handed a country with 2 wars, largest housing bubble burst in our countries history, dire straits automotive industry, historical banking crisis, economy doing a nose dive on a depression level and told to fix the problem pronto, but was given an empty checking account.

I am among those that believe whoever the President was, he wasn't getting us out of this Economic hardship anytime soon not just because of the Washington gridlock, but because this is a world-wide economic problem and you can't control so much of what is happening.... I'll bet McCain is kind of happy he didn't win.

Crazy world right now....
Posted on: 2011/8/15 18:14

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3933547 ... chevrolet-corvette/page-1

bogus
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

You are right. Any leader elected in 2008 was doomed for failure. Too much wrong, and no one seems to have the patience for a steady resolution. This country used to be in it for the long haul, not any more, instant gratification or nothing. I also wonder how the right wing media would be treating McCain right now? They have been brutal towards Obama (as you can see by some of Steve's retorts, it's almost like grade school taunting). I also wonder how the left would be treating McCain? At their worst, they never gave him names based on slurring his name.

History will be the only true judge of this administrations success or failure.

I don't see Obama as weak, tho. If anything, he is a very aggressive man who pushes all the wrong buttons. He does is share of strong arm politics, much like Bush before him.

Clinton did it too, but he had fineness about it...
Posted on: 2011/8/15 18:25

BeachBum
Master Guru
751 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
You are right. Any leader elected in 2008 was doomed for failure. Too much wrong, and no one seems to have the patience for a steady resolution. This country used to be in it for the long haul, not any more, instant gratification or nothing. I also wonder how the right wing media would be treating McCain right now? They have been brutal towards Obama (as you can see by some of Steve's retorts, it's almost like grade school taunting). I also wonder how the left would be treating McCain? At their worst, they never gave him names based on slurring his name.

History will be the only true judge of this administrations success or failure.

I don't see Obama as weak, tho. If anything, he is a very aggressive man who pushes all the wrong buttons. He does is share of strong arm politics, much like Bush before him.

Clinton did it too, but he had fineness about it...

I'll go a step further.... I don't think the opposition party wants or will allow the country to prosper until they get themselves in power. It wouldn't bode well for them and their party if success were to happen on the other guys watch.

Case in point, ObamaCare.... the very thing this thread is about. As per what I have read from the media, ObamaCare is a mirror image of what Romney instituted in Massachusetts. What we know without a doubt, is that this healthcare program has been a huge success to the extent, the state of Massachusetts healthcare ranking has vaulted to the very top of the list in just about every metric....and by all accounts, the citizens of Mass like the system.

With that said, what is the problem with having a similar system for the rest of America ? What separates Mass from the rest of the country ? This is something I do not understand.... I haven't heard any good answers. I've even heard it is saving them money. I've heard Romney say that yeah, sure it works great for Massachusetts, but it won't work for America. Why ? Each has a plethora of rich people, middle class families and poor families, big cities, small cities. I suspect, they just don't want a successful program with the other parties name on it ? But I honestly do not know. They sure have worked on a sales job to the citizens of America to convince us its evil....

Like I said, its a crazy world.
Posted on: 2011/8/15 19:10

bogus
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I know what you mean... but it's a complex problem to upscale something from a state to the national level.

The difference between a state system and a national system is about dynamics and efficencies.

What works for one state may not work for another. Size and governance come into play, too.

I used to work in criminal justice at the policy level in Delaware. We had an advantage in DE, a small state where the AG and the Governor had a firm grasp on the states processes. In other words, the counties were weak, and the towns, not much stronger. It made it very easy to centralize these policies and make them law.

In other states, like PA or FL, where the counties are God, good luck instituting state wide standards.

That is, I am sure, what everyone is harping on with ObamaCare and the comparison between MA and USA. Is it right? I don't know enough about the governance of MA, but if I had to guess, it is much like DE, small and centralized. Makes it easier to initiate a program like that.

Nationally? You have 50 states with 50 different ways of doing things... and then they start to cry states rights.
Posted on: 2011/8/15 20:30

BeachBum
Master Guru
751 Posts

I am interested in the actual specifics of why this plan won't work.... the right says that it is un-constitutional, yet, the RomneyCare law always requires compliance or penalty as well. I think ObamaCare is along the same lines.

Personally, I have never decided if ObamaCare is good or bad... you have to turn your head away from the rhetoric from both sides and look at things like actual past results. I am not convinced it won't work based upon the results of RomneyCare.... in fact, just the opposite.
Posted on: 2011/8/15 23:50

JrRifleCoach
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Well Beach Bum, when Andy finishes reading the 1900 page document I'm sure we'll all hear about it.

All I need to know is when Pelousy told the press that "we'll find out whats inside the bill after it passes", that was enough to figure it was not going to be good. And now we learn that Joe Wilson called it right when he called obambi a lair.

In a nutshell here's how it works or doesn't. The government sets up a national health care program. Then offers, oops, forces the citizens to buy the program. Yes, you can use your own private program but the plan is to reduce all the funding that those programs offer (cut Medicare and others) then redirect that money to obambicare. thus forcing the medical professionals to "accept" obambi-care. It also forces the states and employers to join as well. (Missouri already voted to not accept the bill. Others will follow) Medical costs will soar since the rate of return from government sanctioned returns will be dramatically reduced. Since the government doesn't actually make money, they have to generate additional funds through more taxes. Next step is to tax everything you spend your money on, again. And again. And this bill establishes how those taxes are to be administered/collected. But wait, there's more! Large companies like WalMart, GM and other big corps have already worked out deals with congress for amnesty from the plan. And this is where the fucking democrats worked up their secret meetings and "deals" to gather the votes to pass the bill.

So be a moderate, or whatever you want to classify yourself. Bottom line is there are two parties running congress. Jackasses and dinosaurs. Your vote is going to go, one way or the other. Left or right. Red or blue. There is no vote for moderates. Or you can just not vote like most moderates brag about.

Real moderates can watch FoxNews.... :D
Posted on: 2011/8/16 3:12

BeachBum
Master Guru
751 Posts

Is that the way RomneyCare is working ?
Posted on: 2011/8/16 3:28

JrRifleCoach
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Resized Image

Yep
Posted on: 2011/8/16 3:43

bogus
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:
Well Beach Bum, when Andy finishes reading the 1900 page document I'm sure we'll all hear about it.

All I need to know is when Pelousy told the press that "we'll find out whats inside the bill after it passes", that was enough to figure it was not going to be good. And now we learn that Joe Wilson called it right when he called obambi a lair.

In a nutshell here's how it works or doesn't. The government sets up a national health care program. Then offers, oops, forces the citizens to buy the program. Yes, you can use your own private program but the plan is to reduce all the funding that those programs offer (cut Medicare and others) then redirect that money to obambicare. thus forcing the medical professionals to "accept" obambi-care. It also forces the states and employers to join as well. (Missouri already voted to not accept the bill. Others will follow) Medical costs will soar since the rate of return from government sanctioned returns will be dramatically reduced. Since the government doesn't actually make money, they have to generate additional funds through more taxes. Next step is to tax everything you spend your money on, again. And again. And this bill establishes how those taxes are to be administered/collected. But wait, there's more! Large companies like WalMart, GM and other big corps have already worked out deals with congress for amnesty from the plan. And this is where the fucking democrats worked up their secret meetings and "deals" to gather the votes to pass the bill.

So be a moderate, or whatever you want to classify yourself. Bottom line is there are two parties running congress. Jackasses and dinosaurs. Your vote is going to go, one way or the other. Left or right. Red or blue. There is no vote for moderates. Or you can just not vote like most moderates brag about.

Real moderates can watch FoxNews.... :D

And Steve is an expert not because he read the bill, but because he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Posted on: 2011/8/16 6:43

Ultraman
Huskerland
14748 Posts

After all is said and done, after the cussing and discussing, the fact that keeps coming up is, how are you going to pay for all the new toys? We, right or wrong, and I think rightfully so, have spent a lot on the war effort of the last decade. We borrowed a lot of that money and we need debt reduction and confidence to be returned to our financial systems.

It's fine with me, save everyone, give all of us free Bubbleup and rainbow stew. Just figure out how to do that without selling our soul to China or printing money.

It's all about the money damnit! To pay for the debt we've already got, we all need to be in the 50% tax bracket. Yes the ultra rich and big corps need to pay more but it's the middle class that will carry this burdon as they always have.

So now the Gov't wants to take on and to saddle us with a trillion dollars of more debt? Splain that to me Lucy? We can't afford it! Look what the deficit spending of the past decade has got us, the markets are a mess and it's not just us, it's happening all over the globe.

Isn't California in big finacial trouble? How did that happen and how you gonna fix it? Several other States are in the same boat, except Nebraska of course...real conservative out here. When the Gov of Wisconsin tried to get ahold of rampent spending the Democrates went and hid to keep from facing reality. After the vote passed and things calmed down the plan may actually be working.

We have been on the tit to long and it is going to hurt when that ends for a lot of less motivated folks. That includes some of the people I work with everyday, the farmers.

This is America damnit, get rid of special interests, bring back manufacturing, cut your hair, go to school, get a job because I am tired of carrying the ones that don't.

That felt good at 4 am to get that off my chest.....think I will go back to bed.
Posted on: 2011/8/16 9:22

bogus
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I agree with all but the "cut your hair" part. No need to make a fashion statement a key to economic recovery.
Posted on: 2011/8/16 15:58

istter1
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAhM26 ... feature=player_detailpage

Thanks for remending me what blew the speakers out in my Vette!!

Steve
Posted on: 2011/8/16 17:25

BeachBum
Master Guru
751 Posts

It all becomes a priority thing... you have x amount of money, thus what do you spend it on ? Healthcare ? Military ? Retirement ? Infrastructure ? Economy ? You're damned if you do and damned if you don't on every one of them. I ask myself, what is the most important. When you're a country of 320+ million people, there are certain realities that have to be acknowledged before you decide where it goes.

I know this, our politicians, both left and right have failed the American People. In fact, the politicians of just about every country has failed their people based upon the entire situation in the world. (Somehow, Germany has come out of this looking pretty good.... not sure why, but I was reading an article that said their policies migrated to the middle of the aisle overall coupled with a very strong education system)
Posted on: 2011/8/16 18:05

Ultraman
Huskerland
14748 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
I agree with all but the "cut your hair" part. No need to make a fashion statement a key to economic recovery.

that reminds me of a song........

Posted on: 2011/8/16 21:49

istter1
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

I guess alot of here are about the same age lol. Remember that song well. All the anti goverment peace songs. 60's and 70's

Steve
Posted on: 2011/8/16 23:31

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.