Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
315 user(s) are online (263 user(s) are browsing Forums)

teebee, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Saw Blades
The wheel style used for most of the C4s existence.

The early saw blades face forward. This means they catch air from the outside and drag it insi...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CorvetteBob HAve you guys heard anything about this?
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

I recieved this in an email, but you know how that stuff goes. I'm just wondering if it really is true.

ON JANUARY 1st 2012, THE GOVERNMENT IS REQUIRING EVERYONE TO HAVE DIRECT DEPOSIT FOR SS CHECKS. WONDER WHY? 1% tax on all bank transactions HR4646

Watch for this AFTER November elections; remember this BEFORE you VOTE in case you think Obama's looking out for your best interest.

1% tax on all bank transactions HR 4646
This government just cannot think of enough ways to hurt the American people!

FORWARD THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!
1% tax on all bank transactions HR 4646- ANOTHER NEW OBAMA TAX SLIPPED IN WHILE WE WERE A SLEEP. Checked this on snopes, it's true! Check out HR 4646.

President Obama's finance team is recommending a one percent (1%) transaction fee (T A X). Obama's plan is to sneak it in after the November elections to keep it under the radar.

This is a 1% tax on all transactions at any financial institution -
banks, credit unions, savings and loans, etc. Any deposit you make, or even a transfer within your account, will have a 1% tax charged.

~If your paycheck or your social security or whatever is direct deposit, it will get a 1% tax charged for the transaction.

~If your paycheck is $1000, then you will pay Obama $10 just for the privilege of depositing your paycheck in your bank. Even if you hand carry your paycheck or any check into your bank for a deposit, 1% tax will be charged.

~You receive a $5,000 stock dividend from your broker, Obama takes $50 just to allow you to deposit that check in the bank..

~If you take $1,000 cash to deposit at your bank, 1% tax will be charged. Mind you, this is from the man who promised that, if you make under $250,000 per year, you will not see one penny of new tax. Keep your eyes and ears open, you will be amazed at what you learn about this guy's under-the-table moves to increase the number of ways you are taxed.
Oh, and by the way, if you receive a refund from the IRS next year and you have it direct deposited or you walk in to deposit that check, you guessed it. You will pay a 1% charge of that money just for putting it in your bank. Remember, any money, cash, check or whatever, no matter where it came from, you will pay a 1% fee if you put it in the bank.

Some will say, oh well, it's just 1%. Are you kidding me? It's a 1%
tax increase across the board. Remember, once the tax is there, they can also raise it at will. And if anyone protests, they will just say, "Oh, that's not really a tax, it's a user fee"! Think this is no big deal? Go back and look at the transactions you made on one year's banking statements. Then add the total of all those transactions and deduct 1%. Still think it's no big deal?

SNOPES:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/debtfree.asp
" A government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have."
- Barry Goldwater
Posted on: 2011/12/10 16:35

pianoguy Re: HAve you guys heard anything about this?
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I did some more searching, and it appears this is not a foregone conclusion:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/bara ... rcent-Transaction-Tax.htm

If you want to weigh in on the proposed legislation, put in your 2 cents here:

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/112/hr1125
Posted on: 2011/12/10 17:00

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: HAve you guys heard anything about this?
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14751 Posts

Yikes! I better be for lighting up my congressmen....thanks for the heads up....I have not heard about this....I will check it out....

.....I'm mad as hell and ain't gonna take it anymore damnit.....
Posted on: 2011/12/10 17:01

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

JrRifleCoach Re: HAve you guys heard anything about this?
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Too late gentlemen.

You should have been screaming at them last year when I was blowing the whistle! Now we'll have to wait for the elections and maybe, just maybe the next pres and his congress will appeal this catastrophe!
Posted on: 2011/12/10 17:33
As democracy is perfected, the POTUS represents more closely the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a fool and narcissistic moron.

bogus Re: HAve you guys heard anything about this?
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I must add one thought... as much as I don't like government intervention, this is one area where it might not be a bad idea.

When I worked for the payroll dept for the State of Delaware (Winter, 1994), we got nailed - and nailed hard - with several ice storms. Between the end of Jan and mid-Feb, at least three. And they shut down the state. Those that got checks didn't get paid. It was that simple.

They used that storm as a way of getting new employees to sign up for DD.

I would feel better about this legislation if there wasn't other baggage floating about the ether.... more like dark clouds.
Posted on: 2011/12/10 18:28

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

pianoguy Re: HAve you guys heard anything about this?
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:
Too late gentlemen.

You should have been screaming at them last year when I was blowing the whistle! Now we'll have to wait for the elections and maybe, just maybe the next pres and his congress will appeal this catastrophe!

Nothing has been passed, and the new bill has no co-sponsors.
Posted on: 2011/12/10 19:52

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

bogus Re: HAve you guys heard anything about this?
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I hope it stays that way.

I have a ton of thoughts roaming about my head right now... I will set them free later.
Posted on: 2011/12/10 19:55

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

vetteblondie Re: HAve you guys heard anything about this?
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4656 Posts

Shit like this really pisses me the hell off.
Posted on: 2011/12/10 23:33

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.