Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
293 user(s) are online (267 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 03.29.16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Back to work today. It was nice weekend off. Did a lot of family things. Our cousin came over yesterday afternoon with her son and new baby. Kids ran around like monsters and wife got to tend to the new one. We all went out for a bite to eat at the local Mexican place. I told our cousin she needs to come over more often and get out of the house. Kids like it, too.

I did get to work on the Oodi yesterday. I got my fancy new drain valve installed:

photo 20160328_103710_1.jpg

Hopefully this solves my intercooler issues.

I called and put the insurance on the Vette. I ended up driving it to get gas, and then later on in the evening. Put about 15 miles on it. Not setting any distance records, but I wanted to make sure the bugs were worked out. I will take it for an alignment this week. I need to pick up some wiper blades, though, since it is supposed to rain.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2016/3/29 11:42

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 03.29.16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Spring is officially here - yesterday I pulled up the orange stakes around the perimeter of the yard (they are for the snow plow drivers' benefit), and this morning I saw a worm on my driveway. Today looks like the last Vette day of the week - it's supposed to rain tonight and turn yucky for a few days.

Have a good one, Gurus!
Posted on: 2016/3/29 12:10

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 03.29.16
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Morning guys...Off to the 'city' again today. The job is winding down and I'm not sorry for that. Love the people I'm working for (friends for a looong time), but the driving over every day is getting old. On the way home yesterday, we met a freaking truck, must have been hauling gravel, threw rocks at us and chipped my windshield in three places. I hope that they can be fixed, as one chip is right in my line of sight and not sure whether or not they will allow fixing it there. sonofabitch! That windshield has only been in there 10 months.
Posted on: 2016/3/29 12:35

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Tuesday Chat 03.29.16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7661 Posts

SUNNY,COOL, & BREEZY IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. PREDICTED HIGH 72 BUT THE WIND WILL BE UP. NOT GREEN ENOUGH YET FOR THE CHEROKEES TO QUIT WORRYING ABOUT RANGE FIRES.

DISCLAIMER: NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CAJUN-FRENCH SPELLING. IF SPELLCHECK CAN'T HACK IT THEN ALL BETS ARE OFF :-)

MARCUS, IT NOT ONLY SOUNDS GOOD, I'M HERE TO TELL YOU IT TASTES GREAT.
Posted on: 2016/3/29 14:18

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

GRIS Re: Tuesday Chat 03.29.16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7661 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Morning guys...Off to the 'city' again today. The job is winding down and I'm not sorry for that. Love the people I'm working for (friends for a looong time), but the driving over every day is getting old. On the way home yesterday, we met a freaking truck, must have been hauling gravel, threw rocks at us and chipped my windshield in three places. I hope that they can be fixed, as one chip is right in my line of sight and not sure whether or not they will allow fixing it there. sonofabitch! That windshield has only been in there 10 months.

BUMMER! SOME GRAVEL HAULERS AROUND HERE TARP THEIR LOADS, BUT NOT ALL. DRIED MUD AND GRAVEL ON WHEELS AND TRAILERS ARE JUST AS BAD WHEN THEY JAR LOOSE. DOES KANSAS STILL HAVE STATE INSPECTIONS?
Posted on: 2016/3/29 14:24

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Tuesday Chat 03.29.16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Hello from not so sunny Kansas.....I have had a real education in the intricacies of growing older today......it is a devious plot by the old folks homes to rid us of all our assets and then hose the Government.....of which is normal I guess. What a mess we have become.....

I told them I was thinking of taking Ma back up to her apartment and found out pdq that without the consent of her doctor that was not going to happen......I said really I have to kidnap my own Mother......they had a list of agencies that would be on me in a flash if I took her out with out proper documentation.......I am looking for my dark clothes and ski mask when I get home.....

See the plan is to use all her assets until they are gone and then hit up the guberment for the rest......sooo we are going to plan B......of which when I figure it out I will let you know......

Headed home in a bit....long day.....

Tee I had that happen once in Kansas also and turned around and chased him down to get the name off the door of the truck. When I got home we called the business and told them what happened and they said send them an estimate and we did and they paid for the windshield......I know right? We were amazed also.....but I had time and place and truck number and such.......pissed me off though.....
Posted on: 2016/3/29 22:20

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 03.29.16
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Evening guys....Gris, I don't know about trucks and such, but cars don't have to be inspected here. Marcus, no way I was going to get turned around and catch the guy.

Well, I didn't get quite finished today. I get to go back tomorrow and caulk around the shower, hang the shower doors (frame is already done) and trim 2 doors, should be a short day. We did get all the sheet rock finished and then textured, homeowners are tickled pink.
Posted on: 2016/3/30 0:44

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.